No more love for the SE?

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Been back and forth across the forums of imore and android central, and I've noticed that it's either about the iPhone 8 series / X or S8+ or the Note 8 ....

Has the tiny 4" powerhouse silently passed away?

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Been back and forth across the forums of imore and android central, and I've noticed that it's either about the iPhone 8 series / X or S8+ or the Note 8 ....

Has the tiny 4" powerhouse silently passed away?

I hope not, and I noticed this too. The more I lurk and seek, the more the SE really feels like a gem.

I'm trying out an 8 and I don't know if it's really worth much more over the SE.

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I hope not, and I noticed this too. The more I lurk and seek, the more the SE really feels like a gem.
SE has gone dark it seems.

I've been bouncing around devices over the past few months, I've gotten over my previous issue with the kids and something to contact the babysitter with if I'm on another device (BBM on the iPad).

But I've currently got two main points that are leading me astray.. you know one being iOS 11, and the second is the compression ratio of iPhone photos.
I've had serious issues with watercolour / very very grainy photos with the 7 series and also the 8 Plus.
I've spent what I consider to be a decent amount of cash on apps to shoot in raw, 20 USD (conversion rate in my country - Trinidad, in the Caribbean is almost 7 to 1) yet photo quality is total crap.

So yes I've bounced around, mainly because of my pixel peeping...

But I've restored my SE and thinking ah heck, perhaps I should just use this and get rid of the other devices - S8+, 8+ etc.

Perhaps my subconscious is holding out for a revamped SE2?

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
SE has gone dark it seems.

I've been bouncing around devices over the past few months, I've gotten over my previous issue with the kids and something to contact the babysitter with if I'm on another device (BBM on the iPad).

But I've currently got two main points that are leading me astray.. you know one being iOS 11, and the second is the compression ratio of iPhone photos.
I've had serious issues with watercolour / very very grainy photos with the 7 series and also the 8 Plus.
I've spent what I consider to be a decent amount of cash on apps to shoot in raw, 20 USD (conversion rate in my country - Trinidad, in the Caribbean is almost 7 to 1) yet photo quality is total crap.

So yes I've bounced around, mainly because of my pixel peeping...

But I've restored my SE and thinking ah heck, perhaps I should just use this and get rid of the other devices - S8+, 8+ etc.

Perhaps my subconscious is holding out for a revamped SE2?

Sounds like it! If you are, I am too haha.

I agree about iOS 11, it's a mess. Interesting that you mention the colors/noise on the 7 and 8 plus phones. I have noticed that too and it feels like it hurts more knowing that it is way more expensive, especially in your case to have results like that.

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
In Trinidad it hurts a lot, considering that the 8+ sells for the equivalent of 1100 USD and the X for 1500 USD

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Yup painful... But, the SE still marches on... For now
Ever since you mentioned the noise thing, I can't unsee it To be fair, I noticed it before but I'm even noticing it in some people's Instagram stories so I had to return it. The SE marches on for me too until Apple decides to do a refresh.

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Ever since you mentioned the noise thing, I can't unsee it To be fair, I noticed it before but I'm even noticing it in some people's Instagram stories so I had to return it. The SE marches on for me too until Apple decides to do a refresh.

Yes it’s one of those things that once it has been pointed out you can’t unsee it in any photos

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I still love the size of the SE, but I think it needs to be updated for sure.

I agree. There is nothing missing that makes me want to "upgrade" to other phones, but there are things I would like to see improved upon.

The camera is good, but after using my wife's 7 it does lack a bit in low light, and the FFC is way behind. It would also be nice to see it with the same water resistance as the flagship phones. 3D touch should be added as well. I know a lot of people don't think it is needed, but it is definitely something that I miss, and as iOS evolves, it seems to be more prominent in navigation and accessing features. A larger screen with smaller bezels might be nice, but definitely not necessary.

The low price is also nice, but I would pay 4.7" prices for a 4" phone if it matched the specs. Size is the largest factor for me. I'm hoping an updated version is launched in the spring. If not then, I will wait until the fall when the new phones are launched and decide if I should move on to a larger phone, or keep waiting for the SE to be updated.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73