Iphone SE and IOS 11

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I am choosing not to. There's a guy on YouTube (search Nick Ackerman) who does a lot of videos (in general) but also for the iPhone SE. In his recent speed test video between 10.3.3 and iOS 11, I noticed a difference between the two. The SE on iOS 11 wasn't that slower but I'll pass.

bluej3

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
I am choosing not to. There's a guy on YouTube (search Nick Ackerman) who does a lot of videos (in general) but also for the iPhone SE. In his recent speed test video between 10.3.3 and iOS 11, I noticed a difference between the two. The SE on iOS 11 wasn't that slower but I'll pass.

Yes, and it’s fine.

yes and it works well just as fast.

Thank you all for your responses. Really appreciate it.

RoCutler

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I did install the GM and found that it was burning through the battery a lot quicker, and calls degraded and failed after a few moments. Had to restart the phone for it to work again properly.
Returned to iOS10.3.3
build is the same as the GM, so I think I might wait for a couple of point releases.

bluej3

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
I did install the GM and found that it was burning through the battery a lot quicker, and calls degraded and failed after a few moments. Had to restart the phone for it to work again properly.
Returned to iOS10.3.3
build is the same as the GM, so I think I might wait for a couple of point releases.

Oh, really, that is bad. I think i am gonna wait and see.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Returned to iOS10.3.3

Didn't see the same issues. I have been on iOS 11 since Public Beta 5 or 6.

It runs smoothly on the SE, and my battery life is the same as 10.3.3. There are still some glitches, but they are native to iOS 11 and not specific to the SE. I am advising my wife to wait until 11.1 for her 7. I am ok with minor things when it comes to new software, but I don't think she will be.

Tinkernaught

May 29, 2017
Visit site
Didn't see the same issues. I have been on iOS 11 since Public Beta 5 or 6.

It runs smoothly on the SE, and my battery life is the same as 10.3.3. There are still some glitches, but they are native to iOS 11 and not specific to the SE. I am advising my wife to wait until 11.1 for her 7. I am ok with minor things when it comes to new software, but I don't think she will be.

100% A-OK on my SE as well. No glitches so far and I don’t notice any battery life change. But it’s a fact of life that no matter what the OS update some devices will have issues, for whatever reason. I’ll just count myself fortunate.

Kilwillie

May 4, 2017
Visit site
Working okay on mine, except none of my Visual Voicemail messages are showing up. Just a button in the center saying “Call Voicemail “.

achiquitachaser

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Working okay on mine, except none of my Visual Voicemail messages are showing up. Just a button in the center saying “Call Voicemail “.
Have you've had anyone try call and leave you a voicemail, mine went back to normal after someone left a voicemail and I rebooted the phone.

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Battery life on my SE 16GB Unlocked (CDMA) is definitely worse, like noticeably worse. I've lost probably and hour of onscreen time with no changes in settings or anything and similar uses. There are also some glitches UI/UX wise, but for the most part I like it. I do feel like Apple rushed iOS 11 and with all the betas I'm pretty letdown with the battery and glitches.

I would say hold off if you don't NEED control center and potential issues. I will stay with it because I've already upgraded so I'm staying and I would probably still update because I just like having the newest thing. The whole reason I switched to iOS was to get updates ON TIME and to have a phone that gets updates for years (hence the SE, perfect size for my hands).

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I will update to 11 during the holidays. I planning on an 8 if it goes on sale during the holidays. If not, then I staying with my SE for now.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Battery life on my SE 16GB Unlocked (CDMA) is definitely worse, like noticeably worse. I've lost probably and hour of onscreen time with no changes in settings or anything and similar uses. There are also some glitches UI/UX wise, but for the most part I like it. I do feel like Apple rushed iOS 11 and with all the betas I'm pretty letdown with the battery and glitches.

I would say hold off if you don't NEED control center and potential issues. I will stay with it because I've already upgraded so I'm staying and I would probably still update because I just like having the newest thing. The whole reason I switched to iOS was to get updates ON TIME and to have a phone that gets updates for years (hence the SE, perfect size for my hands).

In case you do change your mind, you can roll back to iOS 10 for the next few weeks probably.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711