SE possibly going on Marketplace

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. Might be putting my 2 day old SE on the marketplace next week. I'm debating between it and a 7. Once I decide which one I am keeping I will put one up on the marketplace!

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I can understand how people can think it's too small when first looking at it. It's not until you use it for a bit that you begin to appreciate its advantages. We're all different though. Good luck with your sale.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Agree with what other folks have said, you literally have to hide your 7 Plus from yourself and try it out. I did and I love both phones equally now. Just remember we're about a month out from the new iPhones give or take and you'll make much more money now on that 7P!

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I lasted two minutes with it. I can barely type and it got aggravating really quickly. It was just too small. I got an iPhone 7 so hoping that is the happy medium, just not so happy about its crappy battery life. I figure if it lasts me until I get home from work then there is no issue. I will just have to charge it when I get home. I hate charging phones during the day!

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I lasted two minutes with it. I can barely type and it got aggravating really quickly. It was just too small. I got an iPhone 7 so hoping that is the happy medium, just not so happy about its crappy battery life. I figure if it lasts me until I get home from work then there is no issue. I will just have to charge it when I get home. I hate charging phones during the day!

A whole 2 minutes?? LOL.

Hey, if you don't think it's for you, that's OK. Plenty of other models to choose from.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

I don't think I would last long either. I could do the regular 7, but even that would be an adjustment. I do like the battery life of the 7 Plus. It's nice to have when I need it. I am near an outlet most of the time, but when I am not, it's nice to know I will make it through the day. Do you have a job that keeps you away from a wall or car outlet?

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I don't think I would last long either. I could do the regular 7, but even that would be an adjustment. I do like the battery life of the 7 Plus. It's nice to have when I need it. I am near an outlet most of the time, but when I am not, it's nice to know I will make it through the day. Do you have a job that keeps you away from a wall or car outlet?

I have outlets all over me at work. I have just been so spoiled with not having to charge my phone until bedtime. It is crazy when you think about it, I can very easily charge my phone at work so that is why I think I will enjoy the 7 more. There are pros and cons to each phone so I will have to let some go on the 7 plus to gain some on the 7.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I have outlets all over me at work. I have just been so spoiled with not having to charge my phone until bedtime. It is crazy when you think about it, I can very easily charge my phone at work so that is why I think I will enjoy the 7 more. There are pros and cons to each phone so I will have to let some go on the 7 plus to gain some on the 7.

Gotcha. I am either at my desk or in my car most of the day so I have never had an issue with battery life. I do miss the size of the 7 sometimes. I used a 6s for a few months prior to the 7 Plus being available. I got used to having that smaller form factor pretty quickly. I do like having the bigger screen though so I will stick with the 7 Plus. I am looking forward to the larger screen in the smaller form, but I will probably wait until next year to upgrade. I don't mind the bezels as much as some people do. I think the 7 Plus is still a very comfortable phone to hold and use.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Gotcha. I am either at my desk or in my car most of the day so I have never had an issue with battery life. I do miss the size of the 7 sometimes. I used a 6s for a few months prior to the 7 Plus being available. I got used to having that smaller form factor pretty quickly. I do like having the bigger screen though so I will stick with the 7 Plus. I am looking forward to the larger screen in the smaller form, but I will probably wait until next year to upgrade. I don't mind the bezels as much as some people do. I think the 7 Plus is still a very comfortable phone to hold and use.

The 7 plus is too big for my liking. The bezels make it larger than it really needs to be. I love the phone, love the screen real estate but it is just too cumbersome for me to carry around. I think I need to settle with the 7, although I will definitely have to adjust to the size!

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
If you gave it more than 2 minutes, chances are you would adjust. It took me closer to a week, but now it seems normal to me. I agree the Plus is too big, but for me the 4.7" model is just big enough that it isn't easily handled with one hand, so my main debate was between the SE and the Plus. I figured if I was going to lose the ease of one handed use, I would at least have the biggest screen possible.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Well I just settled with an iPhone 7. Will be selling my 7 plus soon. Liking the 7 a lot so far! SE was just way too small

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Well I just settled with an iPhone 7. Will be selling my 7 plus soon. Liking the 7 a lot so far! SE was just way too small

Enjoy your new device. The only think that kept me from a 7, and getting the SE instead, is the reported poor battery life from users. Let us know your experience.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Enjoy your new device. The only think that kept me from a 7, and getting the SE instead, is the reported poor battery life from users. Let us know your experience.

That is going to be my biggest gripe. I am going to see how it performs for a week and I will report back.