Hey everyone. My 7 plus was stolen so I had to get a replacement. I decided to get an SE instead of spending money on the bigger model because the new iPhones should be coming out in a couple months. What are your thoughts if you have come from a bigger model ?
    RobertP1 likes this.
    08-02-2017 12:37 PM
    Love the smaller size. Took some time to get used to, but I wouldn't go back. I had all three sizes at the same time, and the SE is by far my favorite, Plus is second, and regular in last.
    RobertP1 likes this.
    08-02-2017 01:20 PM
    What is it that you like best ? I'm a little nervous about the front facing camera.

How is the battery life ?
    08-02-2017 01:32 PM
    I went from a 6s Plus to a 7 and I love the size of the 7. I miss the larger battery but bought the battery case. So, it helps. The battery in the 7 is terrible in my opinion. I use the new Blackberry KeyOne for my business phone and that has a 3400+ milliamperes battery and easily lasts me 2 full days. My 7 has be charged midway thru the day.
    08-02-2017 01:55 PM
    What is it that you like best ? I'm a little nervous about the front facing camera.

How is the battery life ?
    I hardly ever use the front facing camera, but yes that is one of the few areas where the specs don't match the larger models.

I love the size, the pocketability, and the ease of one handed use. I also like the design (and I never had anything before a 6 so it isn't a nostalgia thing for me), and the availability of cheap cases.

Battery life is also something that I love about the phone. It is basically on par with the plus models, and blows the regular size phones away.
    aximtreo likes this.
    08-02-2017 02:40 PM
    Alright cool. I think I'm gonna make myself keep it at least until the 8 (or whatever they call it) comes out.
    08-02-2017 02:49 PM
    I do miss the smaller size, but since I'm a heavy user I much prefer the size, performance, and the battery life of the Plus.
    08-02-2017 10:28 PM
    Alright cool. I think I'm gonna make myself keep it at least until the 8 (or whatever they call it) comes out.
    I think that is smart. Save yourself a couple hundred $$ if you know you are going to upgrade anyway. I really think you will adjust and end up loving the SE. I'm going to keep using mine until the SE 2 comes out or until it stops working and I am forced to use one of the larger phones.
    08-03-2017 10:50 AM
    I think the SE is the perfect size for most people. I have made the leap a few times, but have always fallen back to the Plus.. I can't say for sure why, but when I am using the SE, I absolutely love it. I think you have to just give it time and once you get over the smaller screen size, I think you will love it.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-04-2017 07:22 AM
    This post has inspired me to give my SE another shot. I made the switch this morning and let's see how long I can go!
    libra89 and aximtreo like this.
    08-04-2017 12:06 PM
    This post has inspired me to give my SE another shot. I made the switch this morning and let's see how long I can go!
    Good luck!
    libra89 likes this.
    08-04-2017 08:51 PM
    In hindsight I wish I'd downgraded from the 7 Plus to the 7, but the SE more than fits my needs and I use my iPad Pro 10.5" a lot more than I had.
    libra89 and aximtreo like this.
    08-05-2017 11:29 AM
    After making the switch yesterday, I spent the day fishing and in the afternoon running around town doing errands. The SE fit great in my pocket, I hardly knew it was there. I took some great pictures while fishing and at dinner time I still had about 60% battery left.

I think that after a few days or maybe a week, the screen will stop looking small to me and it will be fine. I can still type quickly and accurately on the SE. I wouldn't want to write a long email on it, but why would I have to when I have my Ipad or Macbook?
    Tinkernaught, mumfoau and libra89 like this.
    08-06-2017 05:27 AM
    After making the switch yesterday, I spent the day fishing and in the afternoon running around town doing errands. The SE fit great in my pocket, I hardly knew it was there. I took some great pictures while fishing and at dinner time I still had about 60% battery left.

I think that after a few days or maybe a week, the screen will stop looking small to me and it will be fine. I can still type quickly and accurately on the SE. I wouldn't want to write a long email on it, but why would I have to when I have my Ipad or Macbook?
    This is my scenario also. Great to carry around. You do get used to the small screen. Great battery life. Enjoy!
    libra89, aximtreo and RobertP1 like this.
    08-06-2017 07:23 AM

Soon it will look normal to you, and other phones will look too big.
    aximtreo, libra89 and RobertP1 like this.
    08-07-2017 11:52 AM

Yep, the screen will start looking normal and the larger smartphones will begin to look clumsy and weird.

The SE is *just* my pocket device that I can carry anywhere without hardly noticing it's there. Anything that demands more typing gets done with my desktop w/real keyboard. Content consumption is 90% on my iPad mini 4.
    RobertP1 and jr866gooner like this.
    08-07-2017 12:52 PM
    IMO SE too small, 7 Plus too big, 7 just right.
    jr866gooner likes this.
    08-07-2017 01:17 PM
    I've went from a using Note5 for about 2 years to an SE that I got 2 weeks ago. I had to charge my Note5 2-3 times a day just to make it through each day and I found the size of the Note5 to be cumbersome at best when doing day to day tasks.
    08-07-2017 01:35 PM
    IMO SE too small, 7 Plus too big, 7 just right.
    Sounds like the three bears.
    jr866gooner and libra89 like this.
    08-07-2017 01:46 PM
    Sounds like the three bears.
    Now that you mention it...lol
    libra89 likes this.
    08-07-2017 02:10 PM
    I get made fun of all the time for loving my SE amongst my co-workers. Battery life is great and one handed use is the main reason I love it. I will say though, I think the 7 is the perfect size, as long as it is jet black. The biggest reason I went with SE vs 6s is the aluminum body. It is so slick (especially when your hands are clean) that it's impossible for me to not feel like it's going to slip out of my hand all the time. I played with a jet black 7 in the Apple store the other day and fell in love. Once prices go down (or the SE 2 comes out), I'll shoot for one, but in the meantime I am rocking the SE until the wheels fall off.

I am not a media junky and watching stuff even on this screen is perfectly fine for me. I don't have to squint and games play just fine (and fast thanks to the A9 and smaller pixels to push). I think people also overlook the fact that you're basically getting a 6s that is more manageable with one hand (minus 3D Touch): this means that you'll get software updates for a long time because it's only a year old. Everytime I mention that people roll their eyes like it doesn't matter, but it does for someone like myself who doesn't want to buy a new phone every year.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-07-2017 02:54 PM
    Solid build, battery life, pocketability.
    jr866gooner and libra89 like this.
    08-07-2017 03:29 PM
    I went from the 7 Plus to the SE. The second I pulled the SE from the box I was giddy because it was so damn small I could cup it in my tiny girl hands. I slapped a Lifeproof on it and went on a bike ride. It linked up perfectly to my Bluetooth earbuds and I cruised for hours without worrying about it falling out of my pockets.

The next day I was a giddy as a kid when it slipped right into my uniform trousers (serving active duty with my National Guard unit). My 7 Plus barely fit in my pockets let alone all my pockets on my uniform. I hammered out texts and watched Youtube and streamed Apple Music for hours before leaving for the day and going to the gym where once again if fit perfectly into my short pockets and twiddled it's thumbs for the hour or so I was there. I didn't have to keep it on the machine or station barriers as I moved through the gym.

Next day I was so happy I decided to continue on and six weeks later I packaged up my 7 Plus and sent it off to its new forever home in favor of the SE.

The only thing that rankled me in the whole six weeks I've been hammering away on it is that it's camera failed miserably at a concert I went to this last weekend, but I should have known better.
    libra89 and mumfoau like this.
    08-08-2017 10:39 AM
    I went from the 7 Plus to the SE. The second I pulled the SE from the box I was giddy because it was so damn small I could cup it in my tiny girl hands. I slapped a Lifeproof on it and went on a bike ride. It linked up perfectly to my Bluetooth earbuds and I cruised for hours without worrying about it falling out of my pockets.

The next day I was a giddy as a kid when it slipped right into my uniform trousers (serving active duty with my National Guard unit). My 7 Plus barely fit in my pockets let alone all my pockets on my uniform. I hammered out texts and watched Youtube and streamed Apple Music for hours before leaving for the day and going to the gym where once again if fit perfectly into my short pockets and twiddled it's thumbs for the hour or so I was there. I didn't have to keep it on the machine or station barriers as I moved through the gym.

Next day I was so happy I decided to continue on and six weeks later I packaged up my 7 Plus and sent it off to its new forever home in favor of the SE.

The only thing that rankled me in the whole six weeks I've been hammering away on it is that it's camera failed miserably at a concert I went to this last weekend, but I should have known better.
    I thought it had same camera as 6s? Maybe I'm wrong. I'm trying to snatch one on Swappa, want to sell my 7 plus now so I can stow what I make on that away in prep for the iPhone 8. iPhone 8 looks so pocketable! I am thinking the 7 plus price will diminish come september once the 7S/8 launch
    08-08-2017 11:07 AM
    I thought it had same camera as 6s? Maybe I'm wrong. I'm trying to snatch one on Swappa, want to sell my 7 plus now so I can stow what I make on that away in prep for the iPhone 8. iPhone 8 looks so pocketable! I am thinking the 7 plus price will diminish come september once the 7S/8 launch
    I was actually considering that it might have been the Lifeproof case making it hard to focus in a dark, smoky environment.
    08-08-2017 11:21 AM
51 123