Thoughts from those coming from Plus models ?

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I get made fun of all the time for loving my SE amongst my co-workers. Battery life is great and one handed use is the main reason I love it. I will say though, I think the 7 is the perfect size, as long as it is jet black. The biggest reason I went with SE vs 6s is the aluminum body. It is so slick (especially when your hands are clean) that it's impossible for me to not feel like it's going to slip out of my hand all the time. I played with a jet black 7 in the Apple store the other day and fell in love. Once prices go down (or the SE 2 comes out), I'll shoot for one, but in the meantime I am rocking the SE until the wheels fall off.

I am not a media junky and watching stuff even on this screen is perfectly fine for me. I don't have to squint and games play just fine (and fast thanks to the A9 and smaller pixels to push). I think people also overlook the fact that you're basically getting a 6s that is more manageable with one hand (minus 3D Touch): this means that you'll get software updates for a long time because it's only a year old. Everytime I mention that people roll their eyes like it doesn't matter, but it does for someone like myself who doesn't want to buy a new phone every year.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I went from the 7 Plus to the SE. The second I pulled the SE from the box I was giddy because it was so damn small I could cup it in my tiny girl hands. I slapped a Lifeproof on it and went on a bike ride. It linked up perfectly to my Bluetooth earbuds and I cruised for hours without worrying about it falling out of my pockets.

The next day I was a giddy as a kid when it slipped right into my uniform trousers (serving active duty with my National Guard unit). My 7 Plus barely fit in my pockets let alone all my pockets on my uniform. I hammered out texts and watched Youtube and streamed Apple Music for hours before leaving for the day and going to the gym where once again if fit perfectly into my short pockets and twiddled it's thumbs for the hour or so I was there. I didn't have to keep it on the machine or station barriers as I moved through the gym.

Next day I was so happy I decided to continue on and six weeks later I packaged up my 7 Plus and sent it off to its new forever home in favor of the SE.

The only thing that rankled me in the whole six weeks I've been hammering away on it is that it's camera failed miserably at a concert I went to this last weekend, but I should have known better.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I went from the 7 Plus to the SE. The second I pulled the SE from the box I was giddy because it was so damn small I could cup it in my tiny girl hands. I slapped a Lifeproof on it and went on a bike ride. It linked up perfectly to my Bluetooth earbuds and I cruised for hours without worrying about it falling out of my pockets.

The next day I was a giddy as a kid when it slipped right into my uniform trousers (serving active duty with my National Guard unit). My 7 Plus barely fit in my pockets let alone all my pockets on my uniform. I hammered out texts and watched Youtube and streamed Apple Music for hours before leaving for the day and going to the gym where once again if fit perfectly into my short pockets and twiddled it's thumbs for the hour or so I was there. I didn't have to keep it on the machine or station barriers as I moved through the gym.

Next day I was so happy I decided to continue on and six weeks later I packaged up my 7 Plus and sent it off to its new forever home in favor of the SE.

The only thing that rankled me in the whole six weeks I've been hammering away on it is that it's camera failed miserably at a concert I went to this last weekend, but I should have known better.

I thought it had same camera as 6s? Maybe I'm wrong. I'm trying to snatch one on Swappa, want to sell my 7 plus now so I can stow what I make on that away in prep for the iPhone 8. iPhone 8 looks so pocketable! I am thinking the 7 plus price will diminish come september once the 7S/8 launch

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I thought it had same camera as 6s? Maybe I'm wrong. I'm trying to snatch one on Swappa, want to sell my 7 plus now so I can stow what I make on that away in prep for the iPhone 8. iPhone 8 looks so pocketable! I am thinking the 7 plus price will diminish come september once the 7S/8 launch

I was actually considering that it might have been the Lifeproof case making it hard to focus in a dark, smoky environment.

Tinkernaught

May 29, 2017
Visit site
Keep in mind that, like the 6s, the SE's camera does not have OIS (Optical Image Stabilization). It's pretty much the only downside to the model, for me, coming from the 6s Plus which does have OIS.

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

Your thoughts on the battery life and front facing camera?

Just curious, as I have a plus and an SE

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Your thoughts on the battery life and front facing camera?

Just curious, as I have a plus and an SE

Front facing camera is decent. I don't use it very often, but when I have I've gotten some nice sharp selfies for the Book of Faces.

Battery life is just tops thanks to the small screen. I can unplug at 6 am and go a whole day with decent usage before I plug it back in again, same as my 7 Plus.

Easycure1974

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I have been using iPhone 7 plus and Galaxy S8 Plus the last months. Sold them both two weeks ago and got myself a SE waiting for iPhone 8. And I have been enjoying the SE much more than I expected. So much more joy of using it than I had with the S8 Plus. It just proves that specifications not are the most important things in a smartphone

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I have been using iPhone 7 plus and Galaxy S8 Plus the last months. Sold them both two weeks ago and got myself a SE waiting for iPhone 8. And I have been enjoying the SE much more than I expected. So much more joy of using it than I had with the S8 Plus. It just proves that specifications not are the most important things in a smartphone

It's all about the user experience

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site

I was thinking of doing the same exact thing you did. Sell my iphone 7 plus now so I can still get a decent amount for it before the new models come out and depreciate the 7 plus even more. I was going to get an SE since it is cheap for the time being. Just not sure I wanna go through the hassle of selling and buying now. Plus who knows if I'll even get an iphone 8 preorder.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I was thinking of doing the same exact thing you did. Sell my iphone 7 plus now so I can still get a decent amount for it before the new models come out and depreciate the 7 plus even more. I was going to get an SE since it is cheap for the time being. Just not sure I wanna go through the hassle of selling and buying now. Plus who knows if I'll even get an iphone 8 preorder.
You'll never know until you give it a shot! I'm sitting on a Z Force and a SE right now. Join us!

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm nervous that I will get stuck with the SE longer than I plan! I'm having a hard time trying to give up my 7 plus

Do what makes you happy. I kind of really miss the camera and the screen real estate and camera on the 7 Plus but I am coping reasonably well with the SE, and the Z Force makes up for the screen real estate and the camera for the most part.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Do what makes you happy. I kind of really miss the camera and the screen real estate and camera on the 7 Plus but I am coping reasonably well with the SE, and the Z Force makes up for the screen real estate and the camera for the most part.

Yeah I know I will miss my 7 plus so I don't think it's worth me getting the SE. Once I get my hands on an 8 I will sell the 7 plus for whatever I can. I took it to a concert last week and while I had to put my drink down everytime to use two hands to zoom in with the phone, it was well worth having the high tech camera over the one handed convenience of the SE.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I know I will miss my 7 plus so I don't think it's worth me getting the SE. Once I get my hands on an 8 I will sell the 7 plus for whatever I can. I took it to a concert last week and while I had to put my drink down everytime to use two hands to zoom in with the phone, it was well worth having the high tech camera over the one handed convenience of the SE.

That's why I love the Plus. Not only because of the camera, but the battery life and everything else that comes with it

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73