Thoughts from those coming from Plus models ?

manni1to

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone. My 7 plus was stolen so I had to get a replacement. I decided to get an SE instead of spending money on the bigger model because the new iPhones should be coming out in a couple months. What are your thoughts if you have come from a bigger model ?

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Love the smaller size. Took some time to get used to, but I wouldn't go back. I had all three sizes at the same time, and the SE is by far my favorite, Plus is second, and regular in last.

bluesqueen23

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
I went from a 6s Plus to a 7 and I love the size of the 7. I miss the larger battery but bought the battery case. So, it helps. The battery in the 7 is terrible in my opinion. I use the new Blackberry KeyOne for my business phone and that has a 3400+ milliamperes battery and easily lasts me 2 full days. My 7 has be charged midway thru the day.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
What is it that you like best ? I'm a little nervous about the front facing camera.

How is the battery life ?

I hardly ever use the front facing camera, but yes that is one of the few areas where the specs don't match the larger models.

I love the size, the pocketability, and the ease of one handed use. I also like the design (and I never had anything before a 6 so it isn't a nostalgia thing for me), and the availability of cheap cases.

Battery life is also something that I love about the phone. It is basically on par with the plus models, and blows the regular size phones away.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I do miss the smaller size, but since I'm a heavy user I much prefer the size, performance, and the battery life of the Plus.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Alright cool. I think I'm gonna make myself keep it at least until the 8 (or whatever they call it) comes out.

I think that is smart. Save yourself a couple hundred $$ if you know you are going to upgrade anyway. I really think you will adjust and end up loving the SE. I'm going to keep using mine until the SE 2 comes out or until it stops working and I am forced to use one of the larger phones.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I think the SE is the perfect size for most people. I have made the leap a few times, but have always fallen back to the Plus.. I can't say for sure why, but when I am using the SE, I absolutely love it. I think you have to just give it time and once you get over the smaller screen size, I think you will love it.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
This post has inspired me to give my SE another shot. I made the switch this morning and let's see how long I can go!

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
In hindsight I wish I'd downgraded from the 7 Plus to the 7, but the SE more than fits my needs and I use my iPad Pro 10.5" a lot more than I had.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
After making the switch yesterday, I spent the day fishing and in the afternoon running around town doing errands. The SE fit great in my pocket, I hardly knew it was there. I took some great pictures while fishing and at dinner time I still had about 60% battery left.

I think that after a few days or maybe a week, the screen will stop looking small to me and it will be fine. I can still type quickly and accurately on the SE. I wouldn't want to write a long email on it, but why would I have to when I have my Ipad or Macbook?

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
After making the switch yesterday, I spent the day fishing and in the afternoon running around town doing errands. The SE fit great in my pocket, I hardly knew it was there. I took some great pictures while fishing and at dinner time I still had about 60% battery left.

I think that after a few days or maybe a week, the screen will stop looking small to me and it will be fine. I can still type quickly and accurately on the SE. I wouldn't want to write a long email on it, but why would I have to when I have my Ipad or Macbook?

This is my scenario also. Great to carry around. You do get used to the small screen. Great battery life. Enjoy!

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site

Soon it will look normal to you, and other phones will look too big.

Tinkernaught

May 29, 2017
Visit site

Yep, the screen will start looking normal and the larger smartphones will begin to look clumsy and weird. ;)

The SE is *just* my pocket device that I can carry anywhere without hardly noticing it's there. Anything that demands more typing gets done with my desktop w/real keyboard. Content consumption is 90% on my iPad mini 4.

faith3935

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I've went from a using Note5 for about 2 years to an SE that I got 2 weeks ago. I had to charge my Note5 2-3 times a day just to make it through each day and I found the size of the Note5 to be cumbersome at best when doing day to day tasks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2