I was actually considering that it might have been the Lifeproof case making it hard to focus in a dark, smoky environment.
    Could be possible. I hate to give up my 7 plus portrait mode but I think selling it now is a good idea
    08-08-2017 11:45 AM
    Keep in mind that, like the 6s, the SE's camera does not have OIS (Optical Image Stabilization). It's pretty much the only downside to the model, for me, coming from the 6s Plus which does have OIS.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-08-2017 12:07 PM
    I went from the 7 Plus to the SE. The second I pulled the SE from the box I was giddy because it was so damn small I could cup it in my tiny girl hands. I slapped a Lifeproof on it and went on a bike ride. It linked up perfectly to my Bluetooth earbuds and I cruised for hours without worrying about it falling out of my pockets.

The next day I was a giddy as a kid when it slipped right into my uniform trousers (serving active duty with my National Guard unit). My 7 Plus barely fit in my pockets let alone all my pockets on my uniform. I hammered out texts and watched Youtube and streamed Apple Music for hours before leaving for the day and going to the gym where once again if fit perfectly into my short pockets and twiddled it's thumbs for the hour or so I was there. I didn't have to keep it on the machine or station barriers as I moved through the gym.

Next day I was so happy I decided to continue on and six weeks later I packaged up my 7 Plus and sent it off to its new forever home in favor of the SE.

The only thing that rankled me in the whole six weeks I've been hammering away on it is that it's camera failed miserably at a concert I went to this last weekend, but I should have known better.
    Your thoughts on the battery life and front facing camera?

Just curious, as I have a plus and an SE
    08-08-2017 09:51 PM
    Your thoughts on the battery life and front facing camera?

Just curious, as I have a plus and an SE
    Front facing camera is decent. I don't use it very often, but when I have I've gotten some nice sharp selfies for the Book of Faces.

Battery life is just tops thanks to the small screen. I can unplug at 6 am and go a whole day with decent usage before I plug it back in again, same as my 7 Plus.
    tr1ad likes this.
    08-09-2017 08:45 AM
    Jah bless
    08-09-2017 08:47 AM
    I have been using iPhone 7 plus and Galaxy S8 Plus the last months. Sold them both two weeks ago and got myself a SE waiting for iPhone 8. And I have been enjoying the SE much more than I expected. So much more joy of using it than I had with the S8 Plus. It just proves that specifications not are the most important things in a smartphone
    libra89 likes this.
    08-16-2017 02:57 PM
    I have been using iPhone 7 plus and Galaxy S8 Plus the last months. Sold them both two weeks ago and got myself a SE waiting for iPhone 8. And I have been enjoying the SE much more than I expected. So much more joy of using it than I had with the S8 Plus. It just proves that specifications not are the most important things in a smartphone
    It's all about the user experience
    libra89 likes this.
    08-16-2017 06:43 PM
    I was thinking of doing the same exact thing you did. Sell my iphone 7 plus now so I can still get a decent amount for it before the new models come out and depreciate the 7 plus even more. I was going to get an SE since it is cheap for the time being. Just not sure I wanna go through the hassle of selling and buying now. Plus who knows if I'll even get an iphone 8 preorder.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-17-2017 08:34 PM
    I was thinking of doing the same exact thing you did. Sell my iphone 7 plus now so I can still get a decent amount for it before the new models come out and depreciate the 7 plus even more. I was going to get an SE since it is cheap for the time being. Just not sure I wanna go through the hassle of selling and buying now. Plus who knows if I'll even get an iphone 8 preorder.
    You'll never know until you give it a shot! I'm sitting on a Z Force and a SE right now. Join us!
    08-18-2017 10:58 AM
    You'll never know until you give it a shot! I'm sitting on a Z Force and a SE right now. Join us!
    I'm nervous that I will get stuck with the SE longer than I plan! I'm having a hard time trying to give up my 7 plus
    08-18-2017 11:01 AM
    I'm nervous that I will get stuck with the SE longer than I plan! I'm having a hard time trying to give up my 7 plus
    Do what makes you happy. I kind of really miss the camera and the screen real estate and camera on the 7 Plus but I am coping reasonably well with the SE, and the Z Force makes up for the screen real estate and the camera for the most part.
    08-18-2017 11:12 AM
    Do what makes you happy. I kind of really miss the camera and the screen real estate and camera on the 7 Plus but I am coping reasonably well with the SE, and the Z Force makes up for the screen real estate and the camera for the most part.
    Yeah I know I will miss my 7 plus so I don't think it's worth me getting the SE. Once I get my hands on an 8 I will sell the 7 plus for whatever I can. I took it to a concert last week and while I had to put my drink down everytime to use two hands to zoom in with the phone, it was well worth having the high tech camera over the one handed convenience of the SE.
    gturner44 likes this.
    08-18-2017 11:14 AM
    Yeah I know I will miss my 7 plus so I don't think it's worth me getting the SE. Once I get my hands on an 8 I will sell the 7 plus for whatever I can. I took it to a concert last week and while I had to put my drink down everytime to use two hands to zoom in with the phone, it was well worth having the high tech camera over the one handed convenience of the SE.
    That's why I love the Plus. Not only because of the camera, but the battery life and everything else that comes with it
    08-18-2017 05:43 PM
    $214 for a 32GB SE. I'm about to buy it ahhhhh idk!!!
    08-19-2017 07:55 PM
    $214 for a 32GB SE. I'm about to buy it ahhhhh idk!!!
    That's a great deal!
    08-19-2017 07:58 PM
    That's a great deal!
    I gotta pull the trigger though!
    08-19-2017 07:58 PM
    I gotta pull the trigger though!
    What's stopping you?
    08-19-2017 08:01 PM
    What's stopping you?
    I did it lol. Coming from a 7 plus that's what is stopping me ha
    08-19-2017 08:01 PM
    And the adventure begins! Good luck and, remember, it's not forever. Enjoy your new device!
    08-19-2017 08:03 PM
    And the adventure begins! Good luck and, remember, it's not forever. Enjoy your new device!
    Well I want to unload my 7 plus now so that I can get an 8 eventually.
    08-19-2017 08:11 PM
    Giving it a shot! Scored a great deal. Now be honest...You don't miss your 7 plus?
    08-19-2017 08:31 PM
    Congrats!!
    Please let us know your thoughts in the coming days.
    08-19-2017 08:56 PM
    Giving it a shot! Scored a great deal. Now be honest...You don't miss your 7 plus?
    I did about a week into it, but I'm settled in...well I was until @pkcable sent me the Z Force and I'm obsessed with it now. Still have the SE, and will definitely be using it more here in the future. Just can't get over the novelty of having a Moto phone for the first time since the RAZR smartphone.
    pkcable likes this.
    08-20-2017 02:49 PM
    I did about a week into it, but I'm settled in...well I was until @pkcable sent me the Z Force and I'm obsessed with it now. Still have the SE, and will definitely be using it more here in the future. Just can't get over the novelty of having a Moto phone for the first time since the RAZR smartphone.
    I've heard great things about it.
    08-20-2017 03:43 PM
    No, I don't. The closest I have come to missing it, or the thing that I might miss is the camera, but even that I didn't use nearly enough. For general pictures, the SE is still great.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-21-2017 09:39 AM
51 123