Sell Your Old iPhone For Cash!

What's my iPhone worth?
    Is this app accurate ?
    My iphone SE is only two weeks old (around 11cyles) and coconut battery shows me that my battery max capacity is just around 1600 mAh... (instead of the previous 1624...).
    My phone run well and last longer but...
    07-30-2017 11:28 AM
    I don’t use a 3rd-party battery app and Ive never heard of the one you mentioned. If someone else have, hopefully, they’ll reply soon.
    libra89 likes this.
    07-30-2017 12:34 PM
    Is this app accurate ?
    My iphone SE is only two weeks old (around 11cyles) and coconut battery shows me that my battery max capacity is just around 1600 mAh... (instead of the previous 1624...).
    My phone run well and last longer but...

I have the "battery life" app. It gives me this reading on my two month old SE.
    Attached Thumbnails Is this battery app accurate?-img_5329.png   Is this battery app accurate?-img_5330.png  
    07-30-2017 11:56 PM
    I read that the battery capacity could change and depends on many factors but I just wonder if other people are facing the same "problem".
    07-31-2017 03:45 AM
    As long as I don’t see a noticeable drop in battery life I don’t really worry about it. It’s expected to see a slow decline in capacity, but I’d keep an eye out to make sure it doesn’t drop considerably in a short period, signaling a battery issue. That being said, anything greater than 80% of original capacity (1,299 mAh for the SE) within the first 500 full charge cycles is considered normal under Apple’s guidelines.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    07-31-2017 06:08 AM
    Is it a reset of the phone can restore some order in all these values. (And perhaps correct the display of these measures in this 3rd-party battery app?).

Maybe I'm a little too anxious...
    07-31-2017 08:33 AM
    All those Apps do for the most part is feed paranoia to the consumer. You WILL know if you're having battery issues all on your own without worrying about every little aspect of your device.
    libra89 likes this.
    07-31-2017 09:50 AM
    I don’t use a 3rd-party battery app and Ive never heard of the one you mentioned. If someone else have, hopefully, they’ll reply soon.
    I don't know if it is still considered one of the best battery apps, but when I first got my phone and was researching them Coconut Battery was the one everyone and their brother was talking about. It's not a phone app though. To use it I had to install it on my husbands Macbook Pro (a work provided laptop), and then plug my phone into the laptop to see what Coconut Battery said about my phone. It's mostly for the Apple laptops I'm guessing, but you can plug in your phone to the laptop to see info in the app. It's a pretty nice laptop app. If memory serves, it shows the date the battery was made and a few other nice features that aren't typically found on phone battery apps.

For informational purposes: http://www.coconut-flavour.com/coconutbattery/
    07-31-2017 11:13 AM
    Those kind of apps are no longer able to get that data. Apple no longer allows it. The only way now is the Coconut Battery site on computer.
    07-31-2017 01:34 PM
    In fact I think there is no need to worry more than that ... today everything is normal and my maximum battery charge is at 99.99%... I will stop bothering me with all this software and just use my phone... And I will not worry until my phone shows signs of weakness, without basing myself on percentages or other values displayed by all of these software.

(For info, the Imazing software also provides all the information given by CoconutBattery, and in much more detail ... And both programs display the same values for the use of the battery.)
    08-01-2017 04:27 AM
    In fact I think there is no need to worry more than that ... today everything is normal and my maximum battery charge is at 99.99%... I will stop bothering me with all this software and just use my phone... And I will not worry until my phone shows signs of weakness, without basing myself on percentages or other values displayed by all of these software.

(For info, the Imazing software also provides all the information given by CoconutBattery, and in much more detail ... And both programs display the same values for the use of the battery.)
    Good deal. I think you’ll find that using your iPhone is a much better experience if you don’t bother yourself with the numbers. If battery life starts to suffer you worry about it at that time.
    08-01-2017 05:27 AM
    We have to geek out over something, don't we?
    08-01-2017 06:27 AM
    Good deal. I think you’ll find that using your iPhone is a much better experience if you don’t bother yourself with the numbers. If battery life starts to suffer you worry about it at that time.
    I turned off the percentage display in the status bar. I know it isn't an issue in general use, and if it gets below 20% or whatever it turns red. That is good enough for me, and one less thing to see and obsess over/worry about.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    08-01-2017 01:31 PM
    This is the way I set the percentage display, good enough for me too. I do not need to follow percent by percent the speed at which my battery is discharged, and it is much less stressful ... And I admit that with this iphone SE, it happens rather very well: on average I only get to the alert of the 20% after 7/8 hours of use ...
    08-02-2017 02:42 AM
    Those kind of apps are no longer able to get that data. Apple no longer allows it. The only way now is the Coconut Battery site on computer.
    I installed Coconut Battery on my husbands Macbook Pro, plugged my iPhone into the Macbook, opened Coconut Battery and clicked on the iOS tab to read my iPhone's battery information. If you want to see it work, search YouTube for a video that was made 3 months ago.
    08-03-2017 05:27 PM
    As one of the developers of a Mac app which displays battery info, I can share a bit of technical knowledge : apps like Coconut Battery, iBetterCharge or iMazing Mini all rely on the same iOS diagnostics services. They may round up the results slightly, or provide a user friendly appreciation of the overall health of the battery, but the raw numbers are the same and are as accurate as iOS measures them.

2 metrics are used to estimate the health of the battery: the design max charge, and the effective max charge. Effective Max Charge divided by Design Max Charge yields an easy to compute and human readable ratio - my iPhone currently sits at a 2743mAh effective max out of a 2890mAh design max, a pretty healthy 95% for example.

The same diagnostic services provide info on the average temperature of the battery, it's minimum measured temperature, cycles, discharge rate... As someone else put it here, gotta geek out about something!
    libra89 likes this.
    09-01-2017 08:23 AM