No SE 2? :(

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I don't care as much about design as I do about function. I would like to see 3D touch and waterproofing. If it is the same design with upgraded internals that is fine, but if the exterior needs to change (in design, not size) then I would be ok with that too.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I don't care as much about design as I do about function. I would like to see 3D touch and waterproofing. If it is the same design with upgraded internals that is fine, but if the exterior needs to change (in design, not size) then I would be ok with that too.

Yeah
There were rumours on how they were going to make a 4" with the iPhone 6 design.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I would be fine with that too. As long as the screen stays around 4-4.3" and the overall size is about the same, I will buy it. I would pre-order it actually.

bluej3

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
I most certainly like the design of SE. I wouldn't be disappointed if there was no upgrade to it this year. I can wait

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site
The SE was suppose to fill the gap so that people who could not afford the regular iPhone has an alternative iPhone to buy. Usually, it for people that just needed a cheap phone and wanted an iPhone. I think Apple found out that these buyers are the ones that do not spend a lot of money and so they will not be making a budget phone going forward.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
The SE was suppose to fill the gap so that people who could not afford the regular iPhone has an alternative iPhone to buy. Usually, it for people that just needed a cheap phone and wanted an iPhone. I think Apple found out that these buyers are the ones that do not spend a lot of money and so they will not be making a budget phone going forward.

Apple already knew well in advance that the SE would appeal to two groups of users: those unwilling/unable to purchase one of their flagship models and those who like the smaller screen and form factor. So the SE fills a very important gap for Apple. Moreover, it has actually sold pretty well. I’d be shocked if they didn’t release a new model in the near future.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Apple already knew well in advance that the SE would appeal to two groups of users: those unwilling/unable to purchase one of their flagship models and those who like the smaller screen and form factor. So the SE fills a very important gap for Apple. Moreover, it has actually sold pretty well. I’d be shocked if they didn’t release a new model in the near future.

Agree. The growth (physical) of phones has gotten ridiculous for many of us. We don't want to lug around a flat screen TV so we can text and email. With the new iPad Pro's doing well, I think the SE makes a great partner. Most of my more serious work is done on my IPP which I only bring with me if I need to. The MBP stays at home.

I can afford the top of the line phones but refuse to pay ridiculous prices and don't like the larger form factor anyway. I think many people feel similar.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Agree. The growth (physical) of phones has gotten ridiculous for many of us. We don't want to lug around a flat screen TV so we can text and email. With the new iPad Pro's doing well, I think the SE makes a great partner. Most of my more serious work is done on my IPP which I only bring with me if I need to. The MBP stays at home.

I can afford the top of the line phones but refuse to pay ridiculous prices and don't like the larger form factor anyway. I think many people feel similar.

Agreed. It's always nice to have different options to meet different consumers preferences. And I feel that the SE is still a fantastic option for a lot of users.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site

Exactly my point as well. It isn't a budget thing for me. If the small phone was the same cost as a regular (4.7" iphone), and had similar specs, I would buy the smaller one every time.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Fingers crossed for an SE2. My son needs a new phone so this is what we are holding out for. Otherwise will probably look into a refurb 6S.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm really hoping that Apple with come out with a new version of the SE, because so many people prefer it's size. Time will tell! :)

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Is an se2 came out with force touch i would be all over it! That’s the only thing that I don’t like between the 6s and se

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73