I agree with this. But when I say that I think there will be a follow up to the SE, I don't necessarily think it'll have the same form factor. Just a device that has the footprint of the SE but with a nearly bezel-less screen. No way they'd release another with the same form factor.
    I would be good with this. The form factor is a bit old, so a refresh would be nice. Keeping fingers crossed.
    libra89 likes this.
    07-22-2017 07:34 AM
    I agree as well. I just want the overall size to be about the same. I am good with a footprint/design change, and if it is bezel-less then obviously the screen size would be larger. I'm still hopeful.
    07-24-2017 09:22 AM
    Shut your mouth!!
    !!!
    07-24-2017 09:51 AM
    I agree as well. I just want the overall size to be about the same. I am good with a footprint/design change, and if it is bezel-less then obviously the screen size would be larger. I'm still hopeful.
    Apple could certainly put a larger screen in the same form factor by reducing the size of the bezels. And they would surely squeeze the top and bottom as well. Depends if they want to play in the $400 space, which may win them some extra sales, but may also cannibalise the sales of more profitable models. They might also be able to cut the price of the 6S to around $400 at some point.
    07-24-2017 09:53 AM
    If price is your biggest factor, that would work, but size is what keeps me with the SE. I would pay the 7/7S price for an updated SE. I may be the minority on that, though.
    libra89, Tinkernaught and RobertP1 like this.
    07-24-2017 12:54 PM
    The iPhone 5S, and even the 4S, appear to be widely available in India. They may still be manufactured for the Indian market. See e.g. https://www.vodafone.in/discover/mob...mer%26BRD%3D27

So you might be able to import a small phone.
    07-24-2017 01:04 PM
    Bummer if true. I love my SE and have had it since they came out.
    libra89 and RobertP1 like this.
    07-25-2017 08:47 AM
    I stand corrected. He *was* implying that the iP8's size should be acceptable to SE owners, IIRC. I'm not going to watch it again to see—it's probably best at this point to ignore rumors and anti-rumor-ranters. We'll see what we see as time passes. Regardless of the outcome my SE is still good for a couple of years, at least.
    Most likely more than a couple of years. 👍
    07-25-2017 11:06 PM
    FYI, SE 2 launching early next year.

http://bgr.com/2017/08/04/iphone-se-update-2018/
    TgeekB and RobertP1 like this.
    08-07-2017 03:26 PM
    FYI, SE 2 launching early next year.

http://bgr.com/2017/08/04/iphone-se-update-2018/
    Not that I need a new phone, my current SE still works fine, I'm glad they are continuing the form factor and will support it.
    libra89 and Tinkernaught like this.
    08-07-2017 03:45 PM
    Not that I need a new phone, my current SE still works fine, I'm glad they are continuing the form factor and will support it.
    I want to pull the trigger on the SE and try it out but I am using a 7plus right now. One extreme to another! I refuse to get a 7 bc the battery life is not good enough for me. Battery is my most important feature. But then I'm losing 3d touch which I use sometimes. Idk if I can work with that size screen but something about the portability is making me want to try it
    RobertP1 likes this.
    08-07-2017 03:57 PM
    I want to pull the trigger on the SE and try it out but I am using a 7plus right now. One extreme to another! I refuse to get a 7 bc the battery life is not good enough for me. Battery is my most important feature. But then I'm losing 3d touch which I use sometimes. Idk if I can work with that size screen but something about the portability is making me want to try it
    It certainly is a big difference in size.
    For me, I use my phone for calls, texts, email, weather, etc. Everything else is done on my iPad Pro. So for me the battery life and pocketability are most important. If you watch movies on your phone, for instance, it may not be the best choice.
    08-07-2017 04:02 PM
    It certainly is a big difference in size.
    For me, I use my phone for calls, texts, email, weather, etc. Everything else is done on my iPad Pro. So for me the battery life and pocketability are most important. If you watch movies on your phone, for instance, it may not be the best choice.
    I don't watch movies on my phone but I do watch some YouTube videos from time to time. I mainly use my phone for texting, taking pics, phone calls obviously, and internet surfing. I had an iPad air 2 and ended up giving it to my 3 year old bc I never used it. I bet if I had a smaller size phone I'd use the iPad more, just have no need to with a 5.5" screen. That's why I love my 7 plus just sometimes wish it wasn't as big as it is.
    08-07-2017 04:42 PM
    I don't watch movies on my phone but I do watch some YouTube videos from time to time. I mainly use my phone for texting, taking pics, phone calls obviously, and internet surfing. I had an iPad air 2 and ended up giving it to my 3 year old bc I never used it. I bet if I had a smaller size phone I'd use the iPad more, just have no need to with a 5.5" screen. That's why I love my 7 plus just sometimes wish it wasn't as big as it is.
    Yup. Some people are looking to use 1 device so I understand. Others have long train or bus rides and want entertainment or reading. Makes sense. Me, I just want a very mobile device with decent specs. The SE fits the bill. My iPad Pro is for home or travel.
    Tinkernaught likes this.
    08-07-2017 05:51 PM
    Yup. Some people are looking to use 1 device so I understand. Others have long train or bus rides and want entertainment or reading. Makes sense. Me, I just want a very mobile device with decent specs. The SE fits the bill. My iPad Pro is for home or travel.
    Exactly. Except in my case it's an iPad mini 4 that I use all the time when a larger screen is needed.
    TgeekB likes this.
    08-07-2017 07:08 PM
    Hopefully those rumors are true, and it isn't just a new plant to make the same SE that we currently have for the India market.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-08-2017 10:08 AM
    Hopefully it's not true...
    The SE is an iconic design and a lot of consumers love it!
    08-08-2017 10:27 PM
    I don't care as much about design as I do about function. I would like to see 3D touch and waterproofing. If it is the same design with upgraded internals that is fine, but if the exterior needs to change (in design, not size) then I would be ok with that too.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-09-2017 11:06 AM
    I don't care as much about design as I do about function. I would like to see 3D touch and waterproofing. If it is the same design with upgraded internals that is fine, but if the exterior needs to change (in design, not size) then I would be ok with that too.
    Yeah
    There were rumours on how they were going to make a 4" with the iPhone 6 design.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-09-2017 09:56 PM
    I would be fine with that too. As long as the screen stays around 4-4.3" and the overall size is about the same, I will buy it. I would pre-order it actually.
    libra89 and TripleOne like this.
    08-10-2017 08:26 AM
    I most certainly like the design of SE. I wouldn't be disappointed if there was no upgrade to it this year. I can wait
    08-10-2017 11:03 AM
    I would be fine with that too. As long as the screen stays around 4-4.3" and the overall size is about the same, I will buy it. I would pre-order it actually.
    It's a matter of time before Apple announces something new
    08-10-2017 09:13 PM
    The SE was suppose to fill the gap so that people who could not afford the regular iPhone has an alternative iPhone to buy. Usually, it for people that just needed a cheap phone and wanted an iPhone. I think Apple found out that these buyers are the ones that do not spend a lot of money and so they will not be making a budget phone going forward.
    08-18-2017 05:46 AM
    The SE was suppose to fill the gap so that people who could not afford the regular iPhone has an alternative iPhone to buy. Usually, it for people that just needed a cheap phone and wanted an iPhone. I think Apple found out that these buyers are the ones that do not spend a lot of money and so they will not be making a budget phone going forward.
    Apple already knew well in advance that the SE would appeal to two groups of users: those unwilling/unable to purchase one of their flagship models and those who like the smaller screen and form factor. So the SE fills a very important gap for Apple. Moreover, it has actually sold pretty well. I’d be shocked if they didn’t release a new model in the near future.
    libra89, TgeekB and bcandiolo like this.
    08-18-2017 05:55 AM
    Apple already knew well in advance that the SE would appeal to two groups of users: those unwilling/unable to purchase one of their flagship models and those who like the smaller screen and form factor. So the SE fills a very important gap for Apple. Moreover, it has actually sold pretty well. I’d be shocked if they didn’t release a new model in the near future.
    Agree. The growth (physical) of phones has gotten ridiculous for many of us. We don't want to lug around a flat screen TV so we can text and email. With the new iPad Pro's doing well, I think the SE makes a great partner. Most of my more serious work is done on my IPP which I only bring with me if I need to. The MBP stays at home.

I can afford the top of the line phones but refuse to pay ridiculous prices and don't like the larger form factor anyway. I think many people feel similar.
    libra89, xanadome and camaroz1985 like this.
    08-18-2017 03:20 PM
86 1234