Hey all, I work at Cricket Wireless and got the word last week that the SE was coming out but it looks like no ads were made for it and none of my co-workers really even knew what it was (go figure, right). I put one aside yesterday for myself and set it all up while talking with an apple csr to confirm its not a refurbished model. We did confirm this is a new unit and I also confirmed that its not carrier locked. I pretty much left the back office and bought it right then. Total after tax and activation was $243. Couldn't be happier with that price.
    05-06-2017 01:11 PM
    Wow that's an amazing deal!
    Furt and aximtreo like this.
    05-06-2017 07:04 PM
    Wow that's an amazing deal!
    Yeah I showed up to work early just to make sure I got one. For that price, this is the best deal Cricket has.
    RobertP1 and libra89 like this.
    05-06-2017 08:22 PM
    Thanks for sharing @Furt,

Always love it when we see deals like this. $199 is one of the best I've seen. If you said it was for the 128GB version I may have order 10 haha. It's basically 50% off when compared to the iStore prices.
    RobertP1 and Furt like this.
    05-07-2017 03:52 AM
    Thanks for sharing @Furt,

Always love it when we see deals like this. $199 is one of the best I've seen. If you said it was for the 128GB version I may have order 10 haha. It's basically 50% off when compared to the iStore prices.
    For whatever reason, Cricket always stocks the entry level iPhones. The only 128gb we have is the Jet model, but I definitely would have sprung for more storage of they would have offered it.

I'm still just floored that this isn't a refurb unit!
    05-07-2017 07:53 AM
    GoPhone has had this same price for about a month. I'm guessing AT&T was wanting Cricket to sell out of the old 5S models before they started selling the SE. Either place you get it, it is a great price -- though it does require you buying your first month of service. Also, if you buy it from a local Cricket store, they will charge you the $25 activation fee.
    05-07-2017 11:02 AM
    GoPhone has had this same price for about a month. I'm guessing AT&T was wanting Cricket to sell out of the old 5S models before they started selling the SE. Either place you get it, it is a great price -- though it does require you buying your first month of service. Also, if you buy it from a local Cricket store, they will charge you the $25 activation fee.
    I didnt realize gophone had it as well. I would have already got it by now!
    05-07-2017 11:07 AM
    I didnt realize gophone had it as well. I would have already got it by now!
    Yes, I purchased my iPhone SE three weeks ago for $199 plus $30 for their cheapest GoPhone plan, from a local AT&T store. I gave the SIM card to a friend and got my SE unlocked as a non-customer. Even with the final price being $229 + tax, it was a great deal.
    05-07-2017 11:16 AM
    Yes, I purchased my iPhone SE three weeks ago for $199 plus $30 for their cheapest GoPhone plan, from a local AT&T store. I gave the SIM card to a friend and got my SE unlocked as a non-customer. Even with the final price being $229 + tax, it was a great deal.
    Was that the 32gb version?
    05-07-2017 11:32 AM
    Was that the 32gb version?
    Yes. I've not seen a good sale on the 128GB version. Since this is my "backup phone," something to carry when I want something smaller, I can live with the 32GB.
    Furt likes this.
    05-07-2017 11:33 AM
    Yes. I've not seen a good sale on the 128GB version. Since this is my "backup phone," something to carry when I want something smaller, I can live with the 32GB.
    Man... Thats a really good deal.
    05-07-2017 11:40 AM
    TOO SMALL for me! (see what I did there I typed too small with all caps, lol!)
    05-08-2017 08:40 AM
    I absolutely love the size and battery of the SE. I keep it as a back up for my 7+. I tried many times to make it my DD but always went back to the 7+
    libra89 likes this.
    05-12-2017 07:55 PM
    Good deal but too small, I'm in the market for a device for my 10 year old. I figure it will end up replacing his iPad which he takes in the car on rides. Well, they do have this switch thing they have been bringing everywhere
    05-12-2017 08:07 PM
    Good deal but too small, I'm in the market for a device for my 10 year old. I figure it will end up replacing his iPad which he takes in the car on rides. Well, they do have this switch thing they have been bringing everywhere
    Its not the size of the phone, its how you use it

But I definitely get the size complaint. I just love the size too much. And I have giant man hands too.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-13-2017 02:48 PM

But I definitely get the size complaint. I just love the size too much. And I have giant man hands too.
    It's funny tho, cause we all remember that size of the original iPhones ( the standard at the time) . Then the devices started getting larger and the resistance against the larger phones...now there seems to be a niche for that original size
    Furt likes this.
    05-13-2017 04:12 PM
    It's funny tho, cause we all remember that size of the original iPhones ( the standard at the time) . Then the devices started getting larger and the resistance against the larger phones...now there seems to be a niche for that original size
    I feel like media consumption directly impacted the jump in screen sizes. Personally, I don't really have a problem with watching movies on the SE, but I definitely agree that it's become a niche.
    libra89, mrluky60 and RobertP1 like this.
    05-14-2017 01:14 PM
    I feel like media consumption directly impacted the jump in screen sizes. Personally, I don't really have a problem with watching movies on the SE, but I definitely agree that it's become a niche.

I've never watched a movie on the phone. TV is just to convenient. But I don't think I would mind if I had to.
    Furt likes this.
    05-14-2017 11:48 PM
    I've never watched a movie on the phone. TV is just to convenient. But I don't think I would mind if I had to.
    You get used to it after awhile. I actually have my iPad sitting here right next to me while I watch videos on my SE for literally no reason. I'm just used to watching stuff on the phone and doing more normal computery stuff on the tablet.
    05-15-2017 09:00 PM
    I LOVE the SE but could never keep it as my daily driver for too long. I always went back to the 7+. I am not sure why, I love the size and the battery is amazing and the camera is also very good. I just keep both around and swap SIMs whenever the mood hits me.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-16-2017 06:18 AM

I say again, were I needing a handset (I'm committed to Apple with our IMac and my Watch and iPads) and could pick freely I would most likely leave the store with an SE - but there are rumblings of an update this year, with gorilla glass and boosted specs and even a different form factor!
    mrluky60 likes this.
    05-16-2017 01:34 PM
    This thread keeps popping up but I think I might try this. I have been wanting to test networks. T-Mobile is decent but at work, it's poor, and that is super evident with the SE. This seems like a good chance to try things out. I'm not going to change/port my number but I'll see if I can try to get another number just to see how things go.
    05-16-2017 03:10 PM
    And add another device to your arsenal...

I am very happy with my cricket service, and this does seem like a good deal on the SE. Only a little more than I paid for my used 64GB
    libra89 likes this.
    05-17-2017 02:29 PM
    And add another device to your arsenal...

I am very happy with my cricket service, and this does seem like a good deal on the SE. Only a little more than I paid for my used 64GB
    Lol, having 2 of the same phone is useless to me but this deal allows me to do an almost perfect network test. Having the same phone on two different networks will allow me to see if there's a difference in network performance and signal strength between cricket and T-Mobile at work.

When I'm done, this phone will go to my brother.
    05-17-2017 04:36 PM
    Just bought one today to play around with. Great deal and I actually like the small size. I have an SP4 and laptop for anything serious.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4
    libra89 likes this.
    05-18-2017 05:07 PM
30 12