32gb SE $199 at Cricket Wireless

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey all, I work at Cricket Wireless and got the word last week that the SE was coming out but it looks like no ads were made for it and none of my co-workers really even knew what it was (go figure, right). I put one aside yesterday for myself and set it all up while talking with an apple csr to confirm its not a refurbished model. We did confirm this is a new unit and I also confirmed that its not carrier locked. I pretty much left the back office and bought it right then. Total after tax and activation was $243. Couldn't be happier with that price.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for sharing @Furt,

Always love it when we see deals like this. $199 is one of the best I've seen. If you said it was for the 128GB version I may have order 10 haha. It's basically 50% off when compared to the iStore prices.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for sharing @Furt,

Always love it when we see deals like this. $199 is one of the best I've seen. If you said it was for the 128GB version I may have order 10 haha. It's basically 50% off when compared to the iStore prices.

For whatever reason, Cricket always stocks the entry level iPhones. The only 128gb we have is the Jet model, but I definitely would have sprung for more storage of they would have offered it.

I'm still just floored that this isn't a refurb unit!

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
GoPhone has had this same price for about a month. I'm guessing AT&T was wanting Cricket to sell out of the old 5S models before they started selling the SE. Either place you get it, it is a great price -- though it does require you buying your first month of service. Also, if you buy it from a local Cricket store, they will charge you the $25 activation fee.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
GoPhone has had this same price for about a month. I'm guessing AT&T was wanting Cricket to sell out of the old 5S models before they started selling the SE. Either place you get it, it is a great price -- though it does require you buying your first month of service. Also, if you buy it from a local Cricket store, they will charge you the $25 activation fee.

I didnt realize gophone had it as well. I would have already got it by now!

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I didnt realize gophone had it as well. I would have already got it by now!

Yes, I purchased my iPhone SE three weeks ago for $199 plus $30 for their cheapest GoPhone plan, from a local AT&T store. I gave the SIM card to a friend and got my SE unlocked as a non-customer. Even with the final price being $229 + tax, it was a great deal.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I purchased my iPhone SE three weeks ago for $199 plus $30 for their cheapest GoPhone plan, from a local AT&T store. I gave the SIM card to a friend and got my SE unlocked as a non-customer. Even with the final price being $229 + tax, it was a great deal.

Was that the 32gb version?

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I absolutely love the size and battery of the SE. I keep it as a back up for my 7+. I tried many times to make it my DD but always went back to the 7+

Carjackd

Trusted Member
Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Good deal but too small, I'm in the market for a device for my 10 year old. I figure it will end up replacing his iPad which he takes in the car on rides. Well, they do have this switch thing they have been bringing everywhere

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Good deal but too small, I'm in the market for a device for my 10 year old. I figure it will end up replacing his iPad which he takes in the car on rides. Well, they do have this switch thing they have been bringing everywhere

Its not the size of the phone, its how you use it

But I definitely get the size complaint. I just love the size too much. And I have giant man hands too.

Carjackd

Trusted Member
Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Its not the size of the phone, its how you use it

But I definitely get the size complaint. I just love the size too much. And I have giant man hands too.
It's funny tho, cause we all remember that size of the original iPhones ( the standard at the time) . Then the devices started getting larger and the resistance against the larger phones...now there seems to be a niche for that original size

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
It's funny tho, cause we all remember that size of the original iPhones ( the standard at the time) . Then the devices started getting larger and the resistance against the larger phones...now there seems to be a niche for that original size

I feel like media consumption directly impacted the jump in screen sizes. Personally, I don't really have a problem with watching movies on the SE, but I definitely agree that it's become a niche.

Spirit Vision Photography

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
I feel like media consumption directly impacted the jump in screen sizes. Personally, I don't really have a problem with watching movies on the SE, but I definitely agree that it's become a niche.

I've never watched a movie on the phone. TV is just to convenient. But I don't think I would mind if I had to.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I've never watched a movie on the phone. TV is just to convenient. But I don't think I would mind if I had to.

You get used to it after awhile. I actually have my iPad sitting here right next to me while I watch videos on my SE for literally no reason. I'm just used to watching stuff on the phone and doing more normal computery stuff on the tablet.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I LOVE the SE but could never keep it as my daily driver for too long. I always went back to the 7+. I am not sure why, I love the size and the battery is amazing and the camera is also very good. I just keep both around and swap SIMs whenever the mood hits me.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen