Transitioning From Google Apps

anon(10210323)

Apr 6, 2017
Visit site
One of the most attractive features of my new SE is that Giggle apps that I am used to and are in my comfort zone are actually working better on iOS than they were on Undroid. For example, Keep - Google's Note-keeping app - is faster and smoother on the SE than it was on the Galaxy Note 4. Google's Calendar is also faster.

However, I thought it would be an idea to try the iPhone's native Notes app for a while, instead of Keep. So I transitioned all of my notes (about 30) over to Notes. The process is easy, no copy/paste required, and it took about ten minutes to move everything over, including creating new folders within the Notes app. Well, I'm officially a Notes fan now - good bye Keep! Notes lacks the colors that Google has in their app, but for raw simplicity and usability Notes is wunnerful.

So over the next few weeks (days?) I will be trying out more iPhone native applications to see if they measure up to Giggle's standards and beyond. I'm thinking I'll want to keep some Google items, like Chrome and Calendar, because I like the way they look and work.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
One of the most attractive features of my new SE is that Giggle apps that I am used to and are in my comfort zone are actually working better on iOS than they were on Undroid. For example, Keep - Google's Note-keeping app - is faster and smoother on the SE than it was on the Galaxy Note 4. Google's Calendar is also faster.

However, I thought it would be an idea to try the iPhone's native Notes app for a while, instead of Keep. So I transitioned all of my notes (about 30) over to Notes. The process is easy, no copy/paste required, and it took about ten minutes to move everything over, including creating new folders within the Notes app. Well, I'm officially a Notes fan now - good bye Keep! Notes lacks the colors that Google has in their app, but for raw simplicity and usability Notes is wunnerful.

So over the next few weeks (days?) I will be trying out more iPhone native applications to see if they measure up to Giggle's standards and beyond. I'm thinking I'll want to keep some Google items, like Chrome and Calendar, because I like the way they look and work.

It's always good to try different apps to see which best fit your workflow. I moved from Google to iCloud a long time ago and have no regrets. I do believe in picking your platform and sticking to its integrated services. It all works better together.

anon(10210323)

Apr 6, 2017
Visit site
One thing I'm discovering about integration is that Apple, Google and Windows apps integrate together beautifully. I know that wasn't always the case, but it is now. A stunning example is Gboard, a keyboard app created by Giggle exclusively for iPhone. Especially on the small SE screen, Gboard is probably the best keyboard I've used. (Let me rephrase that -- it is my favorite one I've used on either platform [Undroid or iOS]).

Another cool example is that a user can use iCloud (5gb free), OneDrive (another 5gb free) and Google Drive (Fifteen gb free) in concert with each other. Onedrive and Google Drive both have apps available at the App Store.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh