Current iPhone SE owners: will you upgrade your storage?

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
No. I am just fine with 64Gb

Sweet! Your statement makes me wonder something. I wonder if there will be more people with the 16gb model would upgrade over the people with the 64gb model.

I do recall some people saying that they wish that the SE came in 128gb.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Sweet! Your statement makes me wonder something. I wonder if there will be more people with the 16gb model would upgrade over the people with the 64gb model.

I do recall some people saying that they wish that the SE came in 128gb.

I suppose that, people who purchased the 16Gb model were going for the absolute cheapest price, and/or they have sufficient external storage (particularly cloud). Or some did not even know much about the storage size restriction. Either way, I do not think they have enough incentive to go for the 128Gb. But people who wished the 128Gb are those who store a lot of photos etc in the phone, but never download to other storage. So, they may jump on 128Gb.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
I was done with 16gb long time ago. I am still fine with iPhone 64gb. I also got iPhone 7 with 256gb and it's really overkill for me. Maybe I should try to take 4k video all day lol.

steron

Feb 27, 2017
Visit site
So far i am good enough with 64 Gb, coz this SE is an upgrade from 5s, which i choose bcoz of the form factor (my pocket dont really fit for iphone 6/6s/7, espescially when i sit).
But, i do bought a very nice external storage 64 Gb (usb 3 and lightning at the other end) from Hoco (at first i was affraid that i need more space coz of the 4k video) and realize that i never use it since the beginning coz i still have round 15 Gb free space in the iPhone SE

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
This is a dream come true. The only thing that the SE lacks is larger storage. I want it bad but have to wait a few months

Thank you Apple

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm not on the fence. I'm upgrading to 128GB.
Buying sim free at the Pentagon City Apple Store as soon as it's available.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I think 64GB is enough for most people. I'll hold onto my SE (64GB) for now and maybe hand it down to my mom once I get whatever iPhone I get next (I've been holding out for this year's anniversary iPhone but might get a 7 if I'm not that impressed by it) - and I would definitely get either 128GB or maybe even the 256GB.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site

I don't think i would go out and purchase another iPhone SE to just to upgrade the storage from 16GB to 32 or 128GB. (obviously selling my current one in the process). Would rather just hang on till the next 'SE' version gets released or purchase an iPhone 7 in 128GB :)

I do also think that those who went with the 16GB version did so because of the price. No one would want a 16GB version when you could have a 64GB haha :) So to have a base storage of 32GB now is quite nice and you getting more value for your money.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I don't think i would go out and purchase another iPhone SE to just to upgrade the storage from 16GB to 32 or 128GB. (obviously selling my current one in the process). Would rather just hang on till the next 'SE' version gets released or purchase an iPhone 7 in 128GB :)

I do also think that those who went with the 16GB version did so because of the price. No one would want a 16GB version when you could have a 64GB haha :) So to have a base storage of 32GB now is quite nice and you getting more value for your money.

Fair points. It sounds like it might depend on why they bought the SE originally. I bought it mainly for the size and specs together, along with the additional LTE bands it has.

It's funny that you say that about the 16gb version. I wanted it and I got it (and still have it). 64gb would be overkill for someone like me. I don't see the point of having many apps (that I don't use), I only stream music, and I miss the point of keeping a lot of photos on my phone. I usually have more wallpapers over actual photos on my phone.

I might get a 32gb iPhone SE later in the year.

CPR

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
The short answer is NO; i have the TMo IPhone SE 64GB; more than enough storage for me
I have 2,500+ Itunes, & Amazon Music on there, as well as about 150 photos, & numerous Apps.
I'll wait till this one gets a real upgrade; actually loving my current device

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Fair points. It sounds like it might depend on why they bought the SE originally. I bought it mainly for the size and specs together, along with the additional LTE bands it has.

It's funny that you say that about the 16gb version. I wanted it and I got it (and still have it). 64gb would be overkill for someone like me. I don't see the point of having many apps (that I don't use), I only stream music, and I miss the point of keeping a lot of photos on my phone. I usually have more wallpapers over actual photos on my phone.

I might get a 32gb iPhone SE later in the year.

Haha, you remind me of my friend who has an iPhone 7. She got the phone for her birthday, so it was no cost to her (I think her boyfriend bought it for her, and at a discount, if I recall correctly). She opted for the 32GB version, and last time we got together, we compared iPhones. She had only 17 apps installed, while I had 95 (I have 97 now). :p

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Haha, you remind me of my friend who has an iPhone 7. She got the phone for her birthday, so it was no cost to her (I think her boyfriend bought it for her, and at a discount, if I recall correctly). She opted for the 32GB version, and last time we got together, we compared iPhones. She had only 17 apps installed, while I had 95 (I have 97 now). :p

Lol!

Yep, I'm with your friend. I try many apps but keep a few. In fact, I'm only using 6.1 gb (I'll have to count my apps some time but I think I have like 20+).

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Shoot!!!

I thought I was done with the SE and now this! I've had 4-5 of them and always end up on a Plus lol.

The 128GB SE sounds like a great match lol and I love the form factor of the SE the best.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro