Current iPhone SE owners: will you upgrade your storage?

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Hey thanks for those cool and kind words there at the end. It has been a struggle. At times I'm tempted to just buy the unlocked Sony Xperia X as it's 5 inches but now discontinued although it still just received androids latest running software and security patch. I've owned it before and should have kept it as it was the ideal size I am looking for. I would go for a 5 inch pixel but I don't want to spend that type of money on a phone considering what you can get these days for $400 dollars and below.

I'll have to look into that Volte too. I didn't know that but from what you have said it isn't going to work on my 32g iPhone SE is it?

You're welcome! Hmm the Xperia X is an interesting phone. If you miss it, you should get it if you will always be lusting after it. Sometimes when you can't escape the feeling of missing a phone really hard, it might be worth it to cave. I essentially did that with this SE. Well not the color change but more so the phone itself. I wanted the color change for a bit though too.

It should work on it with no problem.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I just learned yesterday that you only have 7 days to return a phone to cricket from the day you get it. That's really short for me, as an indecisive person. I feel the pressure, and the need to make a list of pros and cons. I did say that I am an indecisive person so it's not surprising that I'm weighing this.

A part of me fears regret with buying this now, if an updated SE comes out in February or March next year. It's all speculation of course but who knows at this point. I'm actually thinking about returning it. I do want the silver ring but I can somewhat have the aesthetic with a dBrand skin.

iOS 10 seems to be less of a battery drain over how it was when it launched and I have to say that this is a factor as well for me. Time to get to my pros and cons list and to stop bothering you all...(ha! for a bit anyway)

Last edited:

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I just learned yesterday that you only have 7 days to return a phone to cricket from the day you get it. That's really short for me, as an indecisive person. I feel the pressure, and the need to make a list of pros and cons. I did say that I am an indecisive person so it's not surprising that I'm weighing this.

A part of me fears regret with buying this now, if an updated SE comes out in February or March next year. It's all speculation of course but who knows at this point. I'm actually thinking about returning it. I do want the silver ring but I can somewhat have the aesthetic

iOS 10 seems to be less of a battery drain over how it was when it launched and I have to say that this is a factor as well for me. Time to get to my pros and cons list and to stop bothering you all...(ha! for a bit anyway)

That is shorter than most. It doesn't take me long to know if I like something though so it would work for me.
I'm hoping there's a new SE next year too. Not that I need to upgrade but I want to see them keep this form factor.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
That is shorter than most. It doesn't take me long to know if I like something though so it would work for me.
I'm hoping there's a new SE next year too. Not that I need to upgrade but I want to see them keep this form factor.
You are a lucky one to not need much time, I wish that I was like you haha. I like this new SE but doing the testing that I have done with battery life this weekend on iOS 10 has opened my eyes. 16gb is really low but I have had it for a year and never hit the "storage full" message so I must be doing something right, lol. Leaning on returning it and getting a refund and upgrading my original SE to iOS 10 finally.

Same!

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
You are a lucky one to not need much time, I wish that I was like you haha. I like this new SE but doing the testing that I have done with battery life this weekend on iOS 10 has opened my eyes. 16gb is really low but I have had it for a year and never hit the "storage full" message so I must be doing something right, lol. Leaning on returning it and getting a refund and upgrading my original SE to iOS 10 finally.

Same!

I've had real good battery life on 10 with mine. I hope you have the same.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I've had real good battery life on 10 with mine. I hope you have the same.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

That's good to know! Thank you, I hope the same too because there will be no going back once I do it, which is terrifying.

Spirit Vision Photography

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
d252a6c6f5d4cb4d4da9c41f107a1e92.png

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I have had great life on my SE as well, but don't have any experience on iOS 9 to compare it to.

I'm guessing that you are on 10.3.2?

I wish that there was a way for me to just hop to 10.2.1 but can't of course. Currently waiting on 10.3.3 since that has apparently has improved battery life.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm guessing that you are on 10.3.2?

I wish that there was a way for me to just hop to 10.2.1 but can't of course. Currently waiting on 10.3.3 since that has apparently has improved battery life.

Yes, 10.3.2. I generally update as soon as it is available. I don't have any experience on 10.2 to compare it to, but I have more than enough battery life for me. I charge every night out of habit, but on the rare occasion where I can't, or I fall asleep without plugging in, I can easily make it to the morning commute when I can get about 40% charge.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh