Current iPhone SE owners: will you upgrade your storage?

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
So I'm revisiting the idea of upgrading my storage. I do wonder if there's sometimes a difference between phones released at launch from that time to now, or ones freshly built from Apple.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
You think there may be some unannounced improvements?

I doubt it but I do wonder if there's a difference in battery life between the SE that launched with iOS 10 over the ones that launched with iOS 9 and then upgraded to 10. It's hard for me to find anything on this though.

In my mind, I like to think that the ones with iOS 10 are slightly fresher.

Tinkernaught

May 29, 2017
Visit site
I doubt it but I do wonder if there's a difference in battery life between the SE that launched with iOS 10 over the ones that launched with iOS 9 and then upgraded to 10. It's hard for me to find anything on this though.

In my mind, I like to think that the ones with iOS 10 are slightly fresher.
That's not necessarily a good thing. It's possible they could refresh with another manufacturer's cell radio, and it might not be as good as the previous one (less expensive, maybe). Just as an example; I'm not saying that actually happened. :)

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
That's not necessarily a good thing. It's possible they could refresh with another manufacturer's cell radio, and it might not be as good as the previous one (less expensive, maybe). Just as an example; I'm not saying that actually happened. :)

That's a fair point. I can't help but wonder though.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Admit it you just have the "need" to buy another phone...

Say it with me, "Hi my name is libra89, and I am a phone addict."

Nope. I have temporarily retired the chronic switcher title. I'm having a weird thing with my original SE with the lack of VoLTE on cricket. I know it's a thing because the SE I bought from them had it and the Apple support page says that they support it. It's not a major problem, just odd. I talked to support, not sure what the deal is.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Hmm. Wonder if only Cricket sold phones get that. I'm no longer on Cricket or I would try.
Dang! I should have said something earlier, but I just switched to cricket on Friday night. I'm tempted to backup my phone, wipe it and then restore again to see if that does anything about this.

That is something I'm wondering about though. I was looking at that iPhone SE on cricket's website yesterday (yes 16gb but that's what I have right now). Not bad but I don't know.

My SE has VoLTE active on Verizon. Don't all the carriers and major MVNOs have it by now?

Yep, but this is carrier dependent still. I was on T-Mobile previously and I had VoLTE on this unlocked sim free iPhone SE from the Apple Store.

Edit: my carrier is also nowhere to be found, which is weird considering that I reset network settings.

88eb12a1291a5e62a13ce273c89a5e77.png

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Nope. I have temporarily retired the chronic switcher title. I'm having a weird thing with my original SE with the lack of VoLTE on cricket. I know it's a thing because the SE I bought from them had it and the Apple support page says that they support it. It's not a major problem, just odd. I talked to support, not sure what the deal is.

Wait, no more chronic switching?

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Wait, no more chronic switching?

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

Yep, hopefully for a while. I have tried so many phones and yet, I always find my way back to the SE. Since I have switched carriers, I'm pleased to go back to it, without worrying about radios.

Small phones like the SE seem to be a rare breed so I have less options. I would love a SE refresh but I'm good with using the current one in the meanwhile. The iPhone SE seems to always beat the small Sony androids anyway.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW