Sell Your Old iPhone For Cash!

What's my iPhone worth?
    I don't see why that would be. VoLTE works on my 64GB SE (Verizon, however). Cricket is on the AT&T network, so it's GSM and never needed VoLTE for data and voice at the same time. VoLTE is just for better quality voice. Is that worth the trouble, assuming you can't get it to work?
    Good question. At this point, I'm not sure actually. The fact that I had it before and I don't have it now just grinds me. I did get a nice deal (and accessories) so I should just keep it.

Are the 32 and 128GB shipping with iOS 10? I wonder if that could be the difference?
    Yeah those ones are (I had a 32gb to test cricket out). Interestingly enough, this 64gb SE shipped with 10.2.1, so I don't get what the deal is.
    Tinkernaught likes this.
    06-30-2017 02:05 PM
    Found this thread.

Says to try turning off Stream More and then back on. Don't know if you are currently using it or not.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-30-2017 02:25 PM
    Another thread saying the same thing, but also some other steps to try.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CricketWire...ottom-comments
    libra89 likes this.
    06-30-2017 02:30 PM
    Found this thread.

Says to try turning off Stream More and then back on. Don't know if you are currently using it or not.
    Wow thank you so much. I tried both and apparently the rep was able to confirm that I have VoLTE on my account but I see no difference. I'll play with that Stream More toggle on occasion but I'm over it. Just going to keep this new SE since it has more storage anyway and the deal is great.

Edit: Let me try your other post and see how that goes for me.

Edit 2: No luck, I'll deal with it but glad to have a lot of room.
    Last edited by libra89; 06-30-2017 at 03:29 PM.
    Tinkernaught likes this.
    06-30-2017 02:53 PM
    What type of deal did you snag on the 64g? My local cricket only had the 32g in stock plus only had one left so I bought it for $199. Then turned around and called and had it totally unlocked. I would have gotten the 64g had they had it but 32g is also enough for me. My issue comes from the screen size so I'll be at some point picking up something with at least a 5 inch screen. I was curious of the difference that cricket was selling the 32g vs the 64g though. I didn't realize they carried the 64g. Also tell me about Volte and what exactly it does. I'm not familiar with it. Is it like wifi calling?
    This deal is recent. They have the 64gb for $229.99. I have no idea why they chose to roll these things out separately but eh. Like you, I have no need for that much storage but since they don't have the 32gb option anymore (I have never seen it in silver though) and I wanted more than 16gb, that was my only option. I bought from Apple as well directly (returned it, it's on its way back) but it's hard to justify $100+ more for less storage.

VoLTE makes calls sound better, and also it allows you to use LTE speeds while doing something that needs data on a call. It's not necessary but nice to have. Like for example, say that you are trying to meet your friend somewhere so you call them. At the same time, you also want to look up something. You can do both without VoLTE but you'll be reduced to 4G speeds while on a call.

Edit: I hope that you find that sweet spot though for a phone and in a phone as well. I get how hard it is.
    06-30-2017 11:18 PM
    Hey thanks for those cool and kind words there at the end. It has been a struggle. At times I'm tempted to just buy the unlocked Sony Xperia X as it's 5 inches but now discontinued although it still just received androids latest running software and security patch. I've owned it before and should have kept it as it was the ideal size I am looking for. I would go for a 5 inch pixel but I don't want to spend that type of money on a phone considering what you can get these days for $400 dollars and below.

I'll have to look into that Volte too. I didn't know that but from what you have said it isn't going to work on my 32g iPhone SE is it?
    You're welcome! Hmm the Xperia X is an interesting phone. If you miss it, you should get it if you will always be lusting after it. Sometimes when you can't escape the feeling of missing a phone really hard, it might be worth it to cave. I essentially did that with this SE. Well not the color change but more so the phone itself. I wanted the color change for a bit though too.

It should work on it with no problem.
    07-01-2017 08:00 AM
    I just learned yesterday that you only have 7 days to return a phone to cricket from the day you get it. That's really short for me, as an indecisive person. I feel the pressure, and the need to make a list of pros and cons. I did say that I am an indecisive person so it's not surprising that I'm weighing this.

A part of me fears regret with buying this now, if an updated SE comes out in February or March next year. It's all speculation of course but who knows at this point. I'm actually thinking about returning it. I do want the silver ring but I can somewhat have the aesthetic with a dBrand skin.

iOS 10 seems to be less of a battery drain over how it was when it launched and I have to say that this is a factor as well for me. Time to get to my pros and cons list and to stop bothering you all...(ha! for a bit anyway)
    Last edited by libra89; 07-02-2017 at 07:05 PM.
    TgeekB likes this.
    07-02-2017 06:44 PM
    I just learned yesterday that you only have 7 days to return a phone to cricket from the day you get it. That's really short for me, as an indecisive person. I feel the pressure, and the need to make a list of pros and cons. I did say that I am an indecisive person so it's not surprising that I'm weighing this.

A part of me fears regret with buying this now, if an updated SE comes out in February or March next year. It's all speculation of course but who knows at this point. I'm actually thinking about returning it. I do want the silver ring but I can somewhat have the aesthetic

iOS 10 seems to be less of a battery drain over how it was when it launched and I have to say that this is a factor as well for me. Time to get to my pros and cons list and to stop bothering you all...(ha! for a bit anyway)
    That is shorter than most. It doesn't take me long to know if I like something though so it would work for me.
    I'm hoping there's a new SE next year too. Not that I need to upgrade but I want to see them keep this form factor.
    libra89 likes this.
    07-02-2017 07:05 PM
    That is shorter than most. It doesn't take me long to know if I like something though so it would work for me.
    I'm hoping there's a new SE next year too. Not that I need to upgrade but I want to see them keep this form factor.
    You are a lucky one to not need much time, I wish that I was like you haha. I like this new SE but doing the testing that I have done with battery life this weekend on iOS 10 has opened my eyes. 16gb is really low but I have had it for a year and never hit the "storage full" message so I must be doing something right, lol. Leaning on returning it and getting a refund and upgrading my original SE to iOS 10 finally.

Same!
    07-02-2017 07:50 PM
    You are a lucky one to not need much time, I wish that I was like you haha. I like this new SE but doing the testing that I have done with battery life this weekend on iOS 10 has opened my eyes. 16gb is really low but I have had it for a year and never hit the "storage full" message so I must be doing something right, lol. Leaning on returning it and getting a refund and upgrading my original SE to iOS 10 finally.

Same!
    I've had real good battery life on 10 with mine. I hope you have the same.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4
    libra89 likes this.
    07-02-2017 08:10 PM
    I've had real good battery life on 10 with mine. I hope you have the same.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4
    That's good to know! Thank you, I hope the same too because there will be no going back once I do it, which is terrifying.
    TgeekB likes this.
    07-02-2017 08:19 PM
    I'm running the latest version 10.3.2 and battery life has been excellent.
    TgeekB likes this.
    07-03-2017 09:24 AM
    I'm running the latest version 10.3.2 and battery life has been excellent.
    Hmm okay. I guess I'll see at some point. How long do you get from one charge normally?
    07-03-2017 10:26 AM
    07-03-2017 11:13 AM
    Very nice!
    07-03-2017 11:28 AM
    I have had great life on my SE as well, but don't have any experience on iOS 9 to compare it to.
    libra89 likes this.
    07-05-2017 09:29 AM
    I have had great life on my SE as well, but don't have any experience on iOS 9 to compare it to.
    I'm guessing that you are on 10.3.2?

I wish that there was a way for me to just hop to 10.2.1 but can't of course. Currently waiting on 10.3.3 since that has apparently has improved battery life.
    07-05-2017 10:01 AM

I wish that there was a way for me to just hop to 10.2.1 but can't of course. Currently waiting on 10.3.3 since that has apparently has improved battery life.
    Yes, 10.3.2. I generally update as soon as it is available. I don't have any experience on 10.2 to compare it to, but I have more than enough battery life for me. I charge every night out of habit, but on the rare occasion where I can't, or I fall asleep without plugging in, I can easily make it to the morning commute when I can get about 40% charge.
    libra89 likes this.
    07-05-2017 10:34 AM

I am currently on 10.3.2 and getting very good battery life-longevity.

SVP
    libra89 and Spencerdl like this.
    07-05-2017 10:43 AM
94 ... 234