Sell Your Old iPhone For Cash!

What's my iPhone worth?
    To upgrade your storage means getting a new phone, right?
    In regard to an iPhone, yes.
    Can you add storage to the existing phone?
    In regard to an iPhone, no.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-25-2017 04:25 AM
    In regard to an iPhone, yes. In regard to an iPhone, no.
    Thanks. I swapped my new 32GB phone for a 126GB SE.
    04-30-2017 10:51 AM
    So I'm revisiting the idea of upgrading my storage. I do wonder if there's sometimes a difference between phones released at launch from that time to now, or ones freshly built from Apple.
    06-25-2017 08:42 PM
    You think there may be some unannounced improvements?
    06-26-2017 08:08 AM
    You think there may be some unannounced improvements?
    I doubt it but I do wonder if there's a difference in battery life between the SE that launched with iOS 10 over the ones that launched with iOS 9 and then upgraded to 10. It's hard for me to find anything on this though.

In my mind, I like to think that the ones with iOS 10 are slightly fresher.
    Tinkernaught likes this.
    06-26-2017 08:16 AM
    Hmm never thought about that, but I wouldn't think that should matter. I have no evidence to support that though.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-26-2017 08:43 AM
    I doubt it but I do wonder if there's a difference in battery life between the SE that launched with iOS 10 over the ones that launched with iOS 9 and then upgraded to 10. It's hard for me to find anything on this though.

In my mind, I like to think that the ones with iOS 10 are slightly fresher.
    That's not necessarily a good thing. It's possible they could refresh with another manufacturer's cell radio, and it might not be as good as the previous one (less expensive, maybe). Just as an example; I'm not saying that actually happened.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-26-2017 10:30 AM
    That's not necessarily a good thing. It's possible they could refresh with another manufacturer's cell radio, and it might not be as good as the previous one (less expensive, maybe). Just as an example; I'm not saying that actually happened.
    That's a fair point. I can't help but wonder though.
    Tinkernaught likes this.
    06-26-2017 11:21 AM
    That's a fair point. I can't help but wonder though.
    Admit it you just have the "need" to buy another phone...

Say it with me, "Hi my name is libra89, and I am a phone addict."
    Tinkernaught likes this.
    06-26-2017 11:49 AM
    Admit it you just have the "need" to buy another phone...

Say it with me, "Hi my name is libra89, and I am a phone addict."
    Nope. I have temporarily retired the chronic switcher title. I'm having a weird thing with my original SE with the lack of VoLTE on cricket. I know it's a thing because the SE I bought from them had it and the Apple support page says that they support it. It's not a major problem, just odd. I talked to support, not sure what the deal is.
    06-26-2017 11:58 AM
    Hmm. Wonder if only Cricket sold phones get that. I'm no longer on Cricket or I would try.
    06-26-2017 02:57 PM
    Hmm. Wonder if only Cricket sold phones get that. I'm no longer on Cricket or I would try.
    My SE has VoLTE active on Verizon. Don't all the carriers and major MVNOs have it by now?
    06-26-2017 03:26 PM
    Dang! I should have said something earlier, but I just switched to cricket on Friday night. I'm tempted to backup my phone, wipe it and then restore again to see if that does anything about this.

That is something I'm wondering about though. I was looking at that iPhone SE on cricket's website yesterday (yes 16gb but that's what I have right now). Not bad but I don't know.

My SE has VoLTE active on Verizon. Don't all the carriers and major MVNOs have it by now?
    Yep, but this is carrier dependent still. I was on T-Mobile previously and I had VoLTE on this unlocked sim free iPhone SE from the Apple Store.

Edit: my carrier is also nowhere to be found, which is weird considering that I reset network settings.

Tinkernaught likes this.
    06-26-2017 03:50 PM
    Nope. I have temporarily retired the chronic switcher title. I'm having a weird thing with my original SE with the lack of VoLTE on cricket. I know it's a thing because the SE I bought from them had it and the Apple support page says that they support it. It's not a major problem, just odd. I talked to support, not sure what the deal is.
    Wait, no more chronic switching?

Sent from mTalk on my SP4
    libra89 likes this.
    06-26-2017 04:10 PM
    Wait, no more chronic switching?

Sent from mTalk on my SP4
    Yep, hopefully for a while. I have tried so many phones and yet, I always find my way back to the SE. Since I have switched carriers, I'm pleased to go back to it, without worrying about radios.

Small phones like the SE seem to be a rare breed so I have less options. I would love a SE refresh but I'm good with using the current one in the meanwhile. The iPhone SE seems to always beat the small Sony androids anyway.
    06-26-2017 04:37 PM
    Yep, hopefully for a while. I have tried so many phones and yet, I always find my way back to the SE. Now I have switched carriers, I'm pleased to go back to it, without worrying about radios.

Small phones like the SE seem to be a rare breed so I have less options. I would love a SE refresh but I'm good with using the current one in the meanwhile.
    Did u go to Cricket?
    libra89 likes this.
    06-26-2017 04:38 PM
    Did u go to Cricket?
    I did! It's all good, aside from the VoLTE issue I'm having.
    06-26-2017 04:40 PM
    I did! It's all good, aside from the VoLTE issue I'm having.
    I love Cricket, and my SE. A perfect pair! LOL.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-26-2017 04:41 PM
    I love Cricket, and my SE. A perfect pair! LOL.
    This is true. I'm enjoying having better coverage.
    TgeekB likes this.
    06-26-2017 04:49 PM
    Cricket definitely did have better coverage than Sprint, but so far I am ok with Sprint. There is one spot on my commute where I have poor service, but I generally listen to offline podcasts anyway so it isn't too big of an issue.

My only other word of advice for you was to reset carrier settings, but you have already done that, so I don't know why it wouldn't be working for you. I never even tried it on my SE so I can't really be of any help. Mine is unlocked, but originally for AT&T.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-27-2017 10:36 AM
    Cricket definitely did have better coverage than Sprint, but so far I am ok with Sprint. There is one spot on my commute where I have poor service, but I generally listen to offline podcasts anyway so it isn't too big of an issue.

My only other word of advice for you was to reset carrier settings, but you have already done that, so I don't know why it wouldn't be working for you. I never even tried it on my SE so I can't really be of any help. Mine is unlocked, but originally for AT&T.
    Ohh okay. In that case, it's good that you listen to offline podcasts because that could be annoying. I don't know either but thank you. I'm starting to think that what you said is true probably. Thankfully I do get 4G (when on a call) which is slower but way better than Edge always.
    06-27-2017 10:48 AM
    That is another annoying thing on Sprint, no text messages can come through (and data connection cannot be used) while you are on a call. I know that was a problem with some carriers for a while, but I thought they had all fixed that by now.

Edit: After some research it seems that might be limited to while the phone is not on LTE. Haven't been able to fully check into that yet though.

Edit 2: Nope, that isn't true. They do have a service that allows a voice and data connection simultaneously, Calling Plus, but that is only available on select Android phones at this point. This Sprint experiment may be short lived...
    Last edited by camaroz1985; 06-27-2017 at 12:16 PM.
    Tinkernaught and libra89 like this.
    06-27-2017 11:48 AM
    That is another annoying thing on Sprint, no text messages can come through (and data connection cannot be used) while you are on a call. I know that was a problem with some carriers for a while, but I thought they had all fixed that by now.

Edit: After some research it seems that might be limited to while the phone is not on LTE. Haven't been able to fully check into that yet though.

Edit 2: Nope, that isn't true. They do have a service that allows a voice and data connection simultaneously, Calling Plus, but that is only available on select Android phones at this point. This Sprint experiment may be short lived...
    Verizon used to have that data cutoff when talking on the phone. A CDMA thing? Solved by VoLTE, I think.

I had no issues with Cricket last fall when in the Ft Worth/Dallas area. I liked it fine. But as I traveled West last winter the coverage just didn't cut it. Too bad.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-27-2017 03:06 PM

Ugh that sounds like a major pain. It really does. That's shocking to me because I would think that they would bend to Apple like the rest of the carriers essentially do.
    06-27-2017 03:24 PM
    Yeah they say it will be fixed with VoLTE, but there is no timeline for that, could be years.
    libra89 and Tinkernaught like this.
    06-28-2017 08:47 AM
94 1234