A1662 iPhone SE Question

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I know that the A1662 model iPhone SE is the one for use on T-Mobile, Verizon and AT&T... However, I was wondering if this version is also factory unlocked? I'm wondering because I've been eyeing it on eBay since I'm still contemplating getting an SE as a backup phone.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm not 100% sure if that is just the general gsm friendly model or that model means that it is unlocked. That's the model that I have for the sim-free iPhone SE that I bought from the Apple Store.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I tried Googling about this last night and it kinda seems that this model is usable on all GSM carriers. But it wasn't actually clear that it's factory unlocked. I tried to check on my T-Mobile account earlier if my boyfriend's SE is unlocked, but it couldn't tell me because if it is, it wasn't unlocked by them (my mom is using a 5s that is definitely unlocked, as I bought it from eBay and it was originally an AT&T iPhone that was unlocked for any GSM carrier). Hmm...

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Verizon SE model is factory unlocked just like the apple store model but if you got em from tmobile/at&t, they're locked by default.

Last edited:

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Right, it was my understanding that they are locked if bought from AT&T or T-Mobile. Mine was AT&T which didn't matter to me as I use it on Cricket, but I did get it unlocked from AT&T. They make it very easy to do as long as the previous owner paid it off.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox