Just got one

manni1to

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Went from the 7 plus to a 64 GB SE for the sake of downsizing. It is actually very fast and I like the one handed usage.

I am having trouble with the keyboard though. Anyone else in the same boat ?

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Went from the 7 plus to a 64 GB SE for the sake of downsizing. It is actually very fast and I like the one handed usage.

Yeah I still have a lot of trouble typing accurately for 2 1/2 years on my iPhone 5c same size is the SE, but I find myself using voice to text a lot more.

Just curious what software version did it ship with?

cheebsy

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
Congrats on your new SE.
I just received my 64GB Space Gray SE today too, I was using a 6S & couldn't be happier with the smaller phone!

Mine came with 9.3.3 installed 😉

workittywork

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
Coming from a BlackBerry Q10, iPhone SE's keyboard takes some getting used to. Good thing most messaging apps allow landscape typing. Same with emails

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site

Thats quite a large downsize! :O Haven't heard of many people going from a Plus variant to the SE model. I love the iPhone for its size and portability but unfortunately you have to sacrifice keyboard space.

I was in the same boat as you (but with android) i tried using my sister's keyboard with a 4.2" inch screen and they keys were just too small. But when I'm on my phone (5.4" inch) screen. The keys are much further apart and definitely much nicer to type on.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I'm a chronic phone switcher. I currently have an iPhone 7 Plus, a Nextbit Robin, and a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. Those three are pretty easy to switch between keyboard wise. Both my parents have SE's, and I'm their tech support guy so I often have to show them how to do things on their phones. When I pick up their phones at first I really like the feel of the SE and the smaller screen doesn't bother me. Then I go to type something, and I feel like a giant. LOL I'm only 5'7", so I'm far from a giant. It's feels so weird b/c the keys are so close together. I'm honestly not sure if I could ever get used to the keyboard, but I really like everything else about the SE.

bcandiolo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
...Then I go to type something, and I feel like a giant. LOL I'm only 5'7", so I'm far from a giant. It's feels so weird b/c the keys are so close together. I'm honestly not sure if I could ever get used to the keyboard, but I really like everything else about the SE.

It's funny cause I've got 'giant fingers' and use the SE without any trouble using the standard keyboard.

iOS is smart enough to deal with my thick fingers, in fact if I see the keyboard and what my fingers are doing, it is almost impossible to be accurate, but somehow the keyboard recognizes my mistakes and auto corrects all, so I don't look at the keyboard, just keep watching the screen where my words appear perfectly spelled LOL

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You will get used to the smaller keyboard again. Just takes a bit of time for your muscle memory to be retrained. Enjoy the smaller phone.

manni1to

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
So I enjoyed the SE but a big reason why I downsized was because of price. The 7 plus wasn't worth the 800 bucks to me. I purchase my 64 gb SE full price and with tax was about 475.

I ended up taking it back because I found someone selling a mint condition 6s plus for 375. Couldn't say no to that !

nalakrub

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Loved my SE, but I agree - the keyboard takes some getting used to. Try a 3rd party that has a swipe option; that worked well with me and freed up a hand! ;)

vegas33139

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Bought my 7+ a week ago and it's too big for me.

I'm off to my local Apple store on Tuesday to exchange for an SE. Great form factor and I really miss my rattling power button!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2