Is there any news regarding an upcoming iPhone SE?

Nabooy

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Is there any news about this so far? I mean are we actually going to have a newer, better SE this year?

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Re: Upcoming iPhone SE?

I think this might be a biyearly thing. Considering the big thing of the iPhone 10th anniversary, I can't see them releasing 3 phones. Remember that the SE came out this year, not last year.

Sent from mTalk

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

I think we've seen all of the Apple announcements we are going to see for 2016. The SE will eventually get an update but it hasn't even been out a year at this point.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site

There was an interesting "IOS" article that I read in Appy-Geek a few days ago that almost made it sound like there might NOT be an SE 2. It mentioned that Apple plans to have a 4.7, 5, and 5.5 inch models, so the new one being the new 5 inch model. All being iphone 8's from what it said.

Isn't it kind of early for this to be verified?

Has anyone else seen anything to confirm this?

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Upcoming iPhone SE?

There was an interesting "IOS" article that I read in Appy-Geek a few days ago that almost made it sound like there might NOT be an SE 2. It mentioned that Apple plans to have a 4.7, 5, and 5.5 inch models, so the new one being the new 5 inch model. All being iphone 8's from what it said.

Isn't it kind of early for this to be verified?

Has anyone else seen anything to confirm this?

Sounds really sketchy IMO. Having three separate iPhones all within less than an inch size range doesn't make any sense to me. The SE has been well received so I doubt it's going anywhere. They may call it iPhone 8 if it gets a refresh next year but I don't think they'll venture too far from the 4-inch form factor.

Keep in mind, any rumor about next year's iPhone is highly speculative at this point in time.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Upcoming iPhone SE?

Sounds really sketchy IMO. Having three separate iPhones all within less than an inch size range doesn't make any sense to me. The SE has been well received so I doubt it's going anywhere. They may call it iPhone 8 if it gets a refresh next year but I don't think they'll venture too far from the 4-inch form factor.

Keep in mind, any rumor about next year's iPhone is highly speculative at this point in time.

http://a.mynews.ly/!MD.ElKqh

IMG_1478420521.912340.jpg

IMG_1478420538.329052.jpg

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Upcoming iPhone SE?

That says nothing about a 5" iPhone. My point was that I don't see Apple ditching the 4" form factor and then offering 4.7", 5" and 5.5" inch iPhones. That being said, I'm not surprised at all that the SE isn't getting a refresh in the Spring. I never thought it would be on an annual refresh cycle.

I SAW the other article about the 5 inch, THIS article is different than that first one I saw and the focus HERE IS "no SE 2."

BUT THEY ARE ditching the 4 inch form factor, It sure seems like it. And it doesn't make much sense to ditch the 4 Inch because Apple sold more SE's than the 6S, supppsedly.

But as you say, perhaps it is a rumour."

Last edited:

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

I SAW the other article about the 5 inch, THIS article is different than that first one I saw and the focus HERE IS "no SE 2."

BUT THEY ARE ditching the 4 inch form factor, It sure seems like it. And it doesn't make much sense to ditch the 4 Inch because Apple sold more SE's than the 6S, supppsedly.

But as you say, perhaps it is a rumour."

No SE in early 2017 but the article states that doesn't rule out a Fall 2017 refresh.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

I sure hope there's a refresh/update to the SE I'm the near future but I won't hold my breath.

So far enjoying my SE more than the 6/6 Plus/6S Plus I had before. I'll hang onto it as long as it takes. The 4" form matters more to me than the newest features like force touch and dual cameras.

I just hope something comes before the SE's hardware can no longer handle the OS updates. Which should be at least a couple of years, considering some still run the 5 and 5S.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site

I sure hope there's a refresh/update to the SE I'm the near future but I won't hold my breath.

So far enjoying my SE more than the 6/6 Plus/6S Plus I had before. I'll hang onto it as long as it takes. The 4" form matters more to me than the newest features like force touch and dual cameras.

I just hope something comes before the SE's hardware can no longer handle the OS updates. Which should be at least a couple of years, considering some still run the 5 and 5S.

I sure hope you're right because I would like to use my 5C and blackberry 9900 for about another year and that is when I would love an SE 2

G1DRP

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site

They should put the A10 processor and 128Gb of storage in it. Optical image stabilisation would be cool too.

ruger141

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site

I'm really happy with the size since I use my tablet for most of my media consumption. However I'd love to upgrade mine if they gave it the LED screen that's rumored with a much sharper ppi. A louder speaker would help also.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234