iPhone SE, 6 months later: Still have it, no longer have it or what?

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I just realized that it's been (pretty much) 6 months since the iPhone SE first became available. I saw this thread idea in one of the iPhone 6s forums and decided to do it here.

If you purchased one from the end of March to now, how's it going?

-Was it your daily driver (only/main phone)? If so, is it still one?
-Has anything changed in the way how you used it then to now?
-Do you still have yours? If so, did you update to iOS 10? If not, why not?
-Anything else

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
  1. Both my sons still have them and are daily drivers
  2. Nothing has changed how they use them.
  3. Both updated to iOS 10 and run smoothly.
  4. Sons love the phones and have been very impressed with them.

Jared DiPane

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Still have and love mine. Sold my 6s Plus to get it, and would do it again. iOS 10 makes me miss 3D Touch like a tad, but I prefer the smaller size, and it is a great phone overall.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Still have and love mine. Sold my 6s Plus to get it, and would do it again. iOS 10 makes me miss 3D Touch like a tad, but I prefer the smaller size, and it is a great phone overall.

Wow, that's a huge size difference! Nicee though, I feel the same as you about it.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Still have mine. It was my daily driver for a few months just before the 7 released bc my husband needed to use my 6s when his phone died suddenly. I just stuck with the SE, even after he replaced his phone bc it worked so well. It has since been relegated to backup duty since the 7 came out. My daughter is itching to get it from me, though.

xAnthony

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm still using the iPhone SE as my daily driver as well. I LOVE the speed of the device (I came from an iPhone 5). I'll probably upgrade to the iPhone 8 if it's anything special. As for now, the iPhone SE is a wonderful device.

I also carry an iPad Mini around with me in case I do need the extra screen space.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Still have mine. It was my daily driver for a few months just before the 7 released bc my husband needed to use my 6s when his phone died suddenly. I just stuck with the SE, even after he replaced his phone bc it worked so well. It has since been relegated to backup duty since the 7 came out. My daughter is itching to get it from me, though.

Nice. I'm not surprised that your daughter wants it, it's a pretty cool phone as you have experienced.

I'm still using the iPhone SE as my daily driver as well. I LOVE the speed of the device (I came from an iPhone 5). I'll probably upgrade to the iPhone 8 if it's anything special. As for now, the iPhone SE is a wonderful device.

I also carry an iPad Mini around with me in case I do need the extra screen space.

Nicee! I agree about the speed.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I realized that I didn't answer my own thread.

Was it your daily driver (only/main phone)? If so, is it still one?
The story is too long to tell, but it is one of my daily drivers in rotation now.

Has anything changed in the way how you used it then to now?
When I bought it, I thought that it would be my daily driver after the first month (April for me) for at least the rest of the year. That has not been the case. It's been my safe phone to fall back on when the phone I'm trying isn't working out.

Do you still have yours? If so, did you update to iOS 10? If not, why not?
I do, I see myself keeping this phone for as long as I have AppleCare+ for it, until they release a refresh. I did, but I decided to downgrade because of poor signal combined with the battery hit. 9.3.5 is just fine with me.

AJPhan

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
I miss the 3D touch. I didn't think I would miss it but I find myself keep pressing the screen and realize this is not my 6s lol. The screen on the 6s is way better and I miss it too.
I love the size, battery, and the look of the SE.

joelucifer

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Been my daily driver since Apr. Coming from an android user, I must say that this is really a powerful little device. Bought it due to the size and speed. Still loving it!!!

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I'm now back to my 3rd SE.

For some reason, I keep coming back to this little powerhouse? I just love the form factor and speed of this little phone.

The iPhone 6s Plus, Note 5 and 6s are now for sale lol.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
I had hard time deciding between 6s plus and SE and I'll probably will keep SE. I will probably get iPhone SE 2 if they ever release one next year.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal