Is it important to have a screen protector on the Iphone SE?

I

iMore Question

So far, I have been using my Iphone SE without case and without screen protector. I put in my pants' pocket without anything else, so no fear of scratches. Is it safe enough?

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
re:

I can't really tell but I have a tempered glass on my SE. Don't use a case because I love naked but I'm afraid for scratches. I really hate scratches on my display. A tempered glass is there almost whitout me seeing it and that's OK for me

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! I have never used a screen protector and have never had an issue with scratching. It really boils down to the user. I'm mindful of what is coming into contact with my display. My wife, on the other hand, tosses her iPhone in her purse without regard to what else is in there. I always keep a screen protector on her iPhone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
re:

So far, I have been using my Iphone SE without case and without screen protector. I put in my pants' pocket without anything else, so no fear of scratches. Is it safe enough?

If you're worried about damaging the device, it is best that you put a protective case and screen protector on it.

Enir

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
re:

"If you're worried about damaging the device, it is best that you put a protective case and screen protector on it."

But should I worry?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
re:

"If you're worried about damaging the device, it is best that you put a protective case and screen protector on it."

But should I worry?

I don't know. Should you? I've never put a screensaver on any iOS device I've ever owned and I've rarely used a case, but I'm not one to damage my devices and therefore, I don't worry about things like that. I don't know "you" and how you are with smartphones, etcetera and therefore I cannot say whether or not "you" should worry. Only "you" can answer that question.

Enir

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
re:

I treat my things carefully. One last question: is it safe to carry the Iphone in the pants' pocket together with some coins? Will the coins scratch the Iphone?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
re:

I treat my things carefully. One last question: is it safe to carry the Iphone in the pants' pocket together with some coins? Will the coins scratch the Iphone?

Dude, c'mon. Let's use common sense here. Putting a device in your pocket with coins will indeed increase the risk of it being scratched. The same goes for keys and any other metallic item.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
re:

I have a 5S that never had scdeenprotector. On that display there is a lot of micro scratches and for that reason I always use tempered glass on my devices. I hate a display with scratches

MelCali82

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
re:

I have a tempered glass on my SE. Although I think the glass on the se along with the older iphones hold up better than the ones on the 6. Both my wifes 6plus and 6s plus seem to scratch easily and the coating doesnt seem to last.

Ariza16

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
re:

I always have tempered glass screen protectors. i always thought i took care of my phones as babies as i dropped it and cracked the screen (iPhone 5S) since then, i ALWAYS have a screen protector on, at the end, you never know what can happen, better safe than sorry.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
re:

For me its a decision based on how much the device cost and how much it means to me. Seeing as the iPhone is a pretty large investment for someone like me, and the fact that I use it on the job a lot, the device is pretty damn important. I always keep a case and a screen protector of some sort on it. If it breaks, I'm screwed until I figure out how to replace it.

Larry Cook1

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
re:

I recently put a glass protector on mine and like it very much. The manager of the store showed he had the same one on his phone and actually took his keys and scraped them across hi is screen. No mark on the glass protector are all. It doesn't hamper 3d touch or screen movement.

xAnthony

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
I never used a screen protector with my iPhone 5, and I haven't used one with my iPhone SE either. I never really saw a point to it, as the glass definitely holds up over time. You can see micro scratches under certain light conditions, however that does not bother me.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I have never used a screen Protector on any of my devices until now. I bought a color coded 9h glass protector for my GFs 7 plus and ended up buying one for my SE. It's pretty nice and I can't tell the difference with it on opposed to being off
5ea91c0ea6764cd95efc7a6281a3d68a.jpg

AJPhan

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
Unlike on the iphone 6, 6s, 7 that the tempered glass is very visible, I have a tempered glass on my SE and barely notice it is there. Dropped my SE twice and the tempered glass saved my screen twice. I did not use any screen protector when I was using the iphone 5 and the screen have a lots of tiny scratches.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I also have a tempered glass on my SE. It's really great, you hardly notice it's there and it protect your display very well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro