iPhone SE - soft home button?

xAnthony

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
There is definitely something wrong with my iPhone SE home button. It's definitely very clicky on the right side of the home button. If you hold your finger over the right side of the home button, you can actually press down on the glass without actually pressing the home button. This doesn't happen on the left hand side though.

It makes an annoying sound at times as well, almost as if it was stuck and it feels weird when it happens.

I do have AppleCare+, so I do plan on making an appointment in the near future.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
There is definitely something wrong with my iPhone SE home button. It's definitely very clicky on the right side of the home button. If you hold your finger over the right side of the home button, you can actually press down on the glass without actually pressing the home button. This doesn't happen on the left hand side though.

It makes an annoying sound at times as well, almost as if it was stuck and it feels weird when it happens.

I do have AppleCare+, so I do plan on making an appointment in the near future.

Get it checked out if it's something that will bother you.

Emiliano55

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
My SE home button is mushy and soft too, almost no clicking sound. My 5s was pretty similar. I do also get the thinking that maybe a firmer button will be more 'durable', but its just a feeling. As long as it works, we should not be worried about it.

G1DRP

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site
My SE home button is still nice and clicky after two months. My old iPhone 6 home button went mushy after about a year of use.

lionelwolfe

Nov 8, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I have an iPhone SE and my volume buttons are a bit loose (they wobble and move around a bit) but they still function perfectly and click. I'm just wondering if that's OK or not as the iPhone 5s (2-3 years old) I used before it still has very tight/secure buttons.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73