iPhone SE or 6S for a heavy Google services user?

psteve2005

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi. First post here on iMore. Normally found on Android Central.

I've been on Android for years and use all Google services. Currently use a Nexus 5X paired with a Moto 360 v2. I owned an iPhone 3GS and 4 but nothing since. Owned every Android from an SGS2 to a Nexus 6P.

Considering a switch to iOS for a while, possibly the SE for battery life. Vlad Savov's recent excellent post about his SE have made me consider it.

My question to you all is this - using mainly Google apps on an iPhone and ignoring the stock apps (until you can hide them), can you still enjoy great battery life and a smooth experience when using mainly third party apps, i.e. no Apple Mail, Calendar etc?

Just looking to try iOS again as I only run the Google Experience Launcher on my 5X and don't root etc. I want a smooth experience with good battery life that will play nicely with Google. I also understand I'll retain basic functionality on my Moto 360 too?

sangs - You seem to switch and I like your posts across the sites, very honest and to the point. What do you reckon?

Thanks all.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm not either of those nice people, but I also switch between iOS (I have an SE as well) and Android too.

In my experience, it shouldn't make a difference at all. I don't use Google services, but I do use Microsoft's for my calendar, mail, storage, etc. I still get a day and some for battery life. I have to be trying really hard to try to run down my battery in less than a day. In my opinion, iOS makes it really easy to use third-party apps as main.

StayClassy101

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I personally think you can still enjoy great battery life with Google Services apps(with the exception of Chrome). GMail will be dependent on your sync allowed timeframe. Idk what it is with Chrome tho, If you have to have it; I'd recommend downloading your apps except chrome and update the SE iOS to the most current version. After that, wait a couple of days for battery life to settle after indexing the new OS and then you have a baseline to compare usage with vs without chrome.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I use both Android and IOS. I started with Android and Google and when I bought my first IOS device I implemented all Google apps to it and still do. I use Gmail, hangouts, Google photo and so on with no problem att all with battery or anything else. I don't use iMessage and facetime, iCloud I use only for backups. My wife and my daughters use there iPhones at the same way, syncing Google calender, contacts and mail and it works great.

I tried Windows phone for a while but but there's no support for Google apps so that phone is in a closset some where now.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2