Switching from BlackBerry 10 to ios, any advice?

I

iMore Question

switching from BlackBerry 10 to ios

Pretty soon I'm gonna be giving up my trust BlackBerry Z10 for the new iPhone SE. Any Advice???

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: switching from BlackBerry 10 to ios

Use any online/self-service tools your service provider has available to migrate user data... backup from the Z10 to the provider's cloud - and restore to your new SE...

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
WORSTcase, your cell provider may/should have a cellebrite machine which will transfer the contacts and photos (and any other data items, notes, docs, etc) between the devices. Generally they provide this service for free or for a minimal charge usually less than 20 dollars.

delbertallan

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site

I made the switch. Very happy I did! Easy switch. Save your addresses etc to Gmail and then transfer them to the SE. Easy to do and you will be thrilled.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site

You will be happy as a long time BlackBerry user I switched 2 months ago to a 6s and am very happy easy change over and if you have questions people here are very helpful only thing I miss really is that blinking red light , enjoy your new SE .

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site

Pretty soon I'm gonna be giving up my trust BlackBerry Z10 for the new iPhone SE. Any Advice???

I made the switch when the 6 came out. A few things you will surely miss.
The Hub
Great Email
The LED notification light.
Other than that you will love the iPhone. It may take a little time to get used to it. God knows there are enough apps to do almost anything you need to get done

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I made the switch. Very happy I did! Easy switch. Save your addresses etc to Gmail and then transfer them to the SE. Easy to do and you will be thrilled.

This is also exactly what I did. Very easy. Good luck with your new iPhone and make iMore your new home away from home.

pttptppt

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site

I made the switch and it's so much better. I switched to the iPhone 6s and although it feels weird at first with home button, you actually get used to it real quick

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site

I made the switch and it's so much better. I switched to the iPhone 6s and although it feels weird at first with home button, you actually get used to it real quick

Hey Patrick!

CPR

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site

Had a 9700, 9900, Q10, & a HORRIBLE PRIV for 1 day; returned it
Have the IPhone SE 64GB; couldn't be happier
No matter who your service provider is, download the AT&T Mobile transfer App, IMMEDIATELY, on your IPhone
It will transfer EVERYTHING from your BB
I went to the main Apple store in NYC, & they were clueless; couldn't transfer over 200 contacts, & started freaking out
A Russian tech, in a TMobile store showed me the trick; it works!
Actually loved my BB Q10, but the IPhone has 4X more storage; REAL ITunes, a great browser, & Internet that's awesome!
After a couple of days, you WON'T look back
Apple phone rocks, & everything works great; BB had slightly better Email, but once you forget the Hub, you'll LOVE the IPhone
Good luck!

anon(9940776)

Jun 17, 2016
Visit site
Biggest drawback is it takes forever for the SE to learn your typing and predictive text.
I have had every BlackBerry since the Z10, and the best feature was the predictive text. Apple simply sucks at reading your mind and putting the correct words above.

Plus you'll miss the swipe-up on the keypad for the predicted word.

I also miss the flexibility on notifications, and the visual of the LED. Wearing a watch is not an alternative to looking at the Red Blinking Light to know you got a message.

But I still have my Priv, which I use for work, and my SE is my choice for personal communication.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Biggest drawback is it takes forever for the SE to learn your typing and predictive text.
I have had every BlackBerry since the Z10, and the best feature was the predictive text. Apple simply sucks at reading your mind and putting the correct words above.

Plus you'll miss the swipe-up on the keypad for the predicted word.

This is true. Have you tried third-party keyboards, such as Gboard, SwiftKey and Word Flow? In my experience with Word Flow, it has great predictive text. So great to me that I uninstalled all other third-party ones, and I only use the Apple keyboard for passwords (it makes you do this).

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
This is true. Have you tried third-party keyboards, such as Gboard, SwiftKey and Word Flow? In my experience with Word Flow, it has great predictive text. So great to me that I uninstalled all other third-party ones, and I only use the Apple keyboard for passwords (it makes you do this).

Word Flow rules! This is what I use. And on my One Plus Three I have a hacked version of the Priv keyboard. I agree nothing beats the BB keyboard, BUT Word Flow comes close!

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site

Had a 9700, 9900, Q10, & a HORRIBLE PRIV for 1 day; returned it
Have the IPhone SE 64GB; couldn't be happier
No matter who your service provider is, download the AT&T Mobile transfer App, IMMEDIATELY, on your IPhone
It will transfer EVERYTHING from your BB
I went to the main Apple store in NYC, & they were clueless; couldn't transfer over 200 contacts, & started freaking out
A Russian tech, in a TMobile store showed me the trick; it works!
Actually loved my BB Q10, but the IPhone has 4X more storage; REAL ITunes, a great browser, & Internet that's awesome!
After a couple of days, you WON'T look back
Apple phone rocks, & everything works great; BB had slightly better Email, but once you forget the Hub, you'll LOVE the IPhone
Good luck!

I agree, the hub is the only thing that BB has over an Iphone and after a few days you won't even miss it

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234