Which phone were you using before the SE?

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
1.) My sons were both using the 5s.
2.) To upgrade their phones and maintain the size of the 5s.
3.) Both my adult boys love the SE and would not go back to the 5s. No regrets at all.

SE is as fast as my iPhone 6. Nice to hold and type with one hand.
Considering it has an A9 and less pixels to push it should faster than your 6.

SydAussie

May 28, 2016
Visit site
1) A Blackberry
2) To test the waters with iOS
3) Yep. It's VERY small (swapped it for a 6s Plus after a couple of days).

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The Xiaomi redmi note 3

Always wanted to come back to iOS and when they came out with the form factor I wanted so bad I had to get it.

Easycure1974

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I went back to my 6s Plus again, could not stand the smaller screen anymore. Loved the size the first week but after that I got annoyed using it so it went back today

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Fed Ex just arrived.. I have my 64GB SE in my hand and I have a three day weekend just about to begin... I am going to have a great weekend

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Yes.. I kept the first one only about three days. I never gave it a good test run. I am going to make this my daily driver for two weeks and then decide

Good luck! I think you will see the truth here if it works for you or not.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

WPButtcheeks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I'm on my second SE, first one on launch had a really bad yellow band issue across the top. I'm loving this second one! Coming from a 128gb 6s, think it's going on Swappa. I think I'll miss 3D Touch a bit but I'll survive. I do wish there was a bigger storage option as do like to carry a chunk of my iTunes library with me but I can stretch 64gb.

neodk

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone, not sure if there's a similar thread to this. Just wondering a few questions for SE owners.
1) What phone were you using before the SE?
2) Why did you decide to get the SE?
3) Any regrets?

Thank you!

I was using a Lumia 650 on Cricket Wireless. Based on my situation at the time this was what I thought to be the most reasonable choice given my budget and current expenses.

My wife, son, and daughter were all at one point using prepaid phone service through AT&T or T-Mobile. My children don't need a data plan and just use whatever smartphone we have laying around that works. We tried an experiment before giving our oldest child an iPhone but she abused the privilege and has been regulated to a flip phone for the foreseeable future. I ran the numbers and determined that my wife and I could save money or spend just as much through Verizon and get new [better] phones in the process. My wife has been rocking a 5S for years without an upgrade despite numerous problems. I switch phones as often as I change my underwear. I've never been wholly satisfied away from my time on iPhones. To sign up for the 8GB plan on Verizon and have two device payment plans (SE, 6S) was about the same or cheaper than the combination of the unlimited plans on Cricket and T-Mobile. My wife was grandfathered into the older unlimited plan with T-Mobile as well.

My only regret is that I quickly got hung up on the size of the SE and didn't appreciate it for what it was right away. The older I get, the less time I have for tinkering on my devices. And the less time I spend tinkering, I lose those skills. Windows Phone overall is a great operating system and the upgrade to 10 was long overdue. If the ecosystem was as supported as iOS and Android, there would certainly be a three-way race for market share. The Windows Insider program is a great way to keep abreast of changes to the OS and while many wait for carrier updates to include their device on Windows 10 it was perhaps the only way to experience Windows 10. But that is about as much tinkering as I want to do with devices now.

I ultimately went with a 6S Plus for less than a week before negotiating a 2nd exchange with Verizon. The store didn't like it. Customer Service didn't like it. But I had multiple, documented instances where I was told that I could. [long story, off-topic] I now know why and understand the reasons I picked up the SE over any other device currently out. This is my two-year phone.

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
1. 6S

2. Loved the design of the old 5/5S, so grabbed an SE.

3. Not really. I still have the 6S. Got the SE at launch and rocked that for a few weeks, then fired the 6S back up and have been on that for last couple months. Just fired the SE back up, and wouldn't you know it???? I'm in love again.

ziyitan

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
1. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
2. Wanted an iOS device, and the price was, and is still, great
3. I wouldn't call it a regret, but a 4-inch phone is small, especially for media-consumption. Performance is so buttery smooth though.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen