Which phone were you using before the SE?

leslie haw

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, not sure if there's a similar thread to this. Just wondering a few questions for SE owners.
1) What phone were you using before the SE?
2) Why did you decide to get the SE?
3) Any regrets?

Thank you!

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
1.) My sons were both using the 5s.
2.) To upgrade their phones and maintain the size of the 5s.
3.) Both my adult boys love the SE and would not go back to the 5s. No regrets at all.

SE is as fast as my iPhone 6. Nice to hold and type with one hand.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Hmm, I'm not sure which one to count here because I tried 3 different phones before arriving at the SE. The last iPhone was the 5s though.

I decided to get it because I liked the 5s a lot and iOS is pretty cool but the connectivity with my carrier wasn't as good as I experienced on the Nexus 5x. The size and the price of course helped.

I don't have any. It couldn't have gone any better for me to trade in my 5s (hate selling stuff) and get a discount towards a better phone! It's a little powerhouse.

xAnthony

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
1). I was using the iPhone 5

2). I love the design of the iPhone 5. Additional speed with the same design... Can't go wrong.

3). NONE. Only thing I do miss is the slate colour option.

Miss Daredevil

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
Let me tell you my sad little story with a happy end.

I had Sony Xperia S for 3 years. Before that, I had a crappy Samsung that was barely even a smartphone. Xperia was my first smartphone and I was thrilled to have it. For the time when it came out, it was pretty good. However, as it happens with all Androids at some point, it started lagging after a few months as apps got more demanding. I wanted to use Snapchat, Whatsapp, tons of different apps at the same time just because, but it would never let me. I had to factory reset it every few months because it would get so slow that it'd take me ages to go into the camera, or any other app. So, I started doing online jobs (I'm still a student), I collected money and got myself a brand new iPhone SE.

Long story short, I'm totally in love with this phone, it's so fast, the battery is amazing and I can do anything that I want on it without ever experiencing any issues (so far). So, yeah, that's my unnecessarily long sob story. I'm just happy I got a brand new awesome phone, is all. :D

syang87

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
1) Nexus 6P
2) Wanted to give iOS another try and to be able to use a phone with one hand.
3) Although I do miss a few things on Android, Apple's hardware and software optimization is superior.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone, not sure if there's a similar thread to this. Just wondering a few questions for SE owners.
1) What phone were you using before the SE?
2) Why did you decide to get the SE?
3) Any regrets?

Was on the 6S just before
Because I buy everything that Apple sells
And Yes, sent it back after a couple of days. Just too small

Thank you!

richhill963

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
I was using Nokia Lumia 1520 windows phone, but Microsoft this spring had nothing to offer that was any good since they booted Nokia, and windows o/s 10 seemed to be half baked so I went with IOS. why did I get the SE it seemed to all most every thing the 6S had at affordable price and was a size phone Like my Lumia 900 which I loved, the Lumia 1520 was a 6 in phone it was beautiful but a little to large when I would ride my bike or motorbike I was always afraid it was going to slip out of my pants pocket or any other pocket I had. SE just fit nicely.

mikem#AC

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I had 6 and am not sorry at all I upgraded down to SE. Faster, better battery & love the smaller form factor. 6 never felt good to gold in 1 hand.

leslie haw

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Let me tell you my sad little story with a happy end.

I had Sony Xperia S for 3 years. Before that, I had a crappy Samsung that was barely even a smartphone. Xperia was my first smartphone and I was thrilled to have it. For the time when it came out, it was pretty good. However, as it happens with all Androids at some point, it started lagging after a few months as apps got more demanding. I wanted to use Snapchat, Whatsapp, tons of different apps at the same time just because, but it would never let me. I had to factory reset it every few months because it would get so slow that it'd take me ages to go into the camera, or any other app. So, I started doing online jobs (I'm still a student), I collected money and got myself a brand new iPhone SE.

Long story short, I'm totally in love with this phone, it's so fast, the battery is amazing and I can do anything that I want on it without ever experiencing any issues (so far). So, yeah, that's my unnecessarily long sob story. I'm just happy I got a brand new awesome phone, is all. :D

Ah so glad it ended happily for you! Yeah totally understand the frustrations of getting a lousy phone. I love it how the SE has just saved you from your endless frustrations

Easycure1974

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Wow that's a huge change in size huh!

Yes, loved the 6s Plus but it is cumbersome to use and you cant have it in the pocket of your pants and forgetting it is there. With the SE I can use it one handed and I forget sometimes I even have in the pocket so I have to use my hand to find in which pocket it is stored in :) Got myself an iPad Pro 9.7 for things that require a larger screen, mainly movies and supporting customers over team viewer

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR