Best third party keyboard?

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I love the size of this screen and swipe keyboards have really shined on the smaller display but I've acually been using a T9 style layout called Type Nine and Gboard for everything else. I was just wondering of anyone else has a go-to keyboard that they use daily over the standard Apple keyboard.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Everyone has a favorite. Or none. I like SwiftKey. It's the smartest one I've found. The memory is much better than I ever expected. It has it's own emoji. And a feature where you can delete non words from the predictive keyboard library. That helps a lot.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I used Gboard for a moment and didn't mind it. The autocorrect was terrible so I switched back to stock. I haven't found a suitable replacement for the stock iOS keyboard yet!

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I used Gboard for a moment and didn't mind it. The autocorrect was terrible so I switched back to stock. I haven't found a suitable replacement for the stock iOS keyboard yet!

I really like the stock keyboard but I'm so spoiled by swipe that I can't get used to tapping around on the keyboard again.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Really enjoying Word Flow and it's natural word prediction. I liked SwiftKey and that was my choice until Word Flow came along. The only two things I don't like about it is the general look (i.e. wish it copied the look of SwiftKey) and that words like accidentally are shortened to acci...ally in word prediction on the SE. Even so, that doesn't stop me from using it. lol.

Also one handed mode and being able to swipe as well is pretty nice.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I haven't really used em since we've had the ability with iOS 8. I do like Gboard and would use it as my daily driver IF you weren't forced back to the stock keyboard in certain situations like responding from the lock screen. Additionally, if you remove the stock Apple English keyboard you run into situations at times where a keyboard doesn't appear at all.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I haven't really used em since we've had the ability with iOS 8. I do like Gboard and would use it as my daily driver IF you weren't forced back to the stock keyboard in certain situations like responding from the lock screen. Additionally, if you remove the stock Apple English keyboard you run into situations at times where a keyboard doesn't appear at all.

Forcing the stock keyboard is a security measure so that third parties aren't given access to your keystrokes when you're typing in passwords. What gets me the most is that I lose access to dictation and the 3D Touch trackpad (which is awesome, by the way).

Miss Daredevil

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
I actually like the stock keyboard, I got used to it. I'd like to see the number row right above the alphabetical keys though, but since it's easy to swipe around it, it's not that big of a deal.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Forcing the stock keyboard is a security measure so that third parties aren't given access to your keystrokes when you're typing in passwords. What gets me the most is that I lose access to dictation and the 3D Touch trackpad (which is awesome, by the way).

Totally didn't mention that one but you're right. That 3D Touch on the stock keyboard is outstanding and so very helpful!

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site

Gboard uses a swipe on the space bar to move the cursor around. It's actually faster to me now and works on the SE where I can't use 3D touch.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Gboard uses a swipe on the space bar to move the cursor around. It's actually faster to me now and works on the SE where I can't use 3D touch.

Good advice! I had no idea you could do that. If I reinstall Gboard at some point I'll have to remember that. Thanks

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice