I love the size of this screen and swipe keyboards have really shined on the smaller display but I've acually been using a T9 style layout called Type Nine and Gboard for everything else. I was just wondering of anyone else has a go-to keyboard that they use daily over the standard Apple keyboard.
    06-10-2016 07:45 PM
    Everyone has a favorite. Or none. I like SwiftKey. It's the smartest one I've found. The memory is much better than I ever expected. It has it's own emoji. And a feature where you can delete non words from the predictive keyboard library. That helps a lot.
    06-10-2016 08:07 PM
    Agreed. SwiftKey is the only one I ever really liked, or thought was worth a darn. Still don't use them.
    06-10-2016 08:10 PM
    I've never really have swiftkey a chance but I'll have to try it out.
    06-10-2016 08:38 PM
    I used Gboard for a moment and didn't mind it. The autocorrect was terrible so I switched back to stock. I haven't found a suitable replacement for the stock iOS keyboard yet!
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    06-10-2016 08:56 PM
    I used Gboard for a moment and didn't mind it. The autocorrect was terrible so I switched back to stock. I haven't found a suitable replacement for the stock iOS keyboard yet!
    I really like the stock keyboard but I'm so spoiled by swipe that I can't get used to tapping around on the keyboard again.
    06-10-2016 10:46 PM
    Really enjoying Word Flow and it's natural word prediction. I liked SwiftKey and that was my choice until Word Flow came along. The only two things I don't like about it is the general look (i.e. wish it copied the look of SwiftKey) and that words like accidentally are shortened to acci...ally in word prediction on the SE. Even so, that doesn't stop me from using it. lol.

Also one handed mode and being able to swipe as well is pretty nice.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    06-10-2016 11:00 PM
    I haven't really used em since we've had the ability with iOS 8. I do like Gboard and would use it as my daily driver IF you weren't forced back to the stock keyboard in certain situations like responding from the lock screen. Additionally, if you remove the stock Apple English keyboard you run into situations at times where a keyboard doesn't appear at all.
    06-11-2016 09:13 AM
    I haven't really used em since we've had the ability with iOS 8. I do like Gboard and would use it as my daily driver IF you weren't forced back to the stock keyboard in certain situations like responding from the lock screen. Additionally, if you remove the stock Apple English keyboard you run into situations at times where a keyboard doesn't appear at all.
    Forcing the stock keyboard is a security measure so that third parties aren't given access to your keystrokes when you're typing in passwords. What gets me the most is that I lose access to dictation and the 3D Touch trackpad (which is awesome, by the way).
    mumfoau, Dukins and libra89 like this.
    06-11-2016 09:28 AM
    I actually like the stock keyboard, I got used to it. I'd like to see the number row right above the alphabetical keys though, but since it's easy to swipe around it, it's not that big of a deal.
    06-11-2016 09:33 AM
    Forcing the stock keyboard is a security measure so that third parties aren't given access to your keystrokes when you're typing in passwords. What gets me the most is that I lose access to dictation and the 3D Touch trackpad (which is awesome, by the way).
    Totally didn't mention that one but you're right. That 3D Touch on the stock keyboard is outstanding and so very helpful!
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    06-11-2016 10:15 AM
    I use the GBoard quite a bit but I use stock most of the time. GBoard is nice to have at times though.
    mumfoau likes this.
    06-11-2016 12:29 PM
    Gboard uses a swipe on the space bar to move the cursor around. It's actually faster to me now and works on the SE where I can't use 3D touch.
    Rob Phillips and Dukins like this.
    06-11-2016 12:45 PM
    Gboard uses a swipe on the space bar to move the cursor around. It's actually faster to me now and works on the SE where I can't use 3D touch.
    Good advice! I had no idea you could do that. If I reinstall Gboard at some point I'll have to remember that. Thanks
    06-11-2016 12:47 PM
    Good advice! I had no idea you could do that. If I reinstall Gboard at some point I'll have to remember that. Thanks
    I didn't know it either until Sam Sheffer on YouTube made a video about it.
    06-11-2016 02:19 PM
    I use the handwriting keyboard, "MyScript Stack". It is amazing.
    JanuarJaguar likes this.
    06-11-2016 04:24 PM
    I use the stock keyboard. I keep saying I'm going to try something else but it never happens.
    06-13-2016 08:52 PM
    Imo, SwiftKey
    JanuarJaguar likes this.
    06-14-2016 07:33 AM
    I wish the stock keyboard had predictive text for Serbian as well and not only English. If that was the case, it would be perfect for me.
    JanuarJaguar likes this.
    06-14-2016 08:50 AM
    I'd love it if the stock keyboard had a swipe ability!
    06-14-2016 08:59 AM
    My experience with third-party keyboards on iPhone 6S Plus has not been very pleasant, unfortunately. Compared with the native keyboard, I have found them marginally better in predictive text suggestions, and marginally worse in typing accuracy. I've tried Swiftkey and GBoard.

For conciseness, here is how I would rate the three touchscreen keyboards that I have tried on iPhone 6S Plus on a scale of 0 (worst) to 10 (best). To provide a relative reference, I'm also rating the physical keyboard of the BlackBerry Q10, which was my previous phone.:

Accuracy of Predictive Text:
    Native: 5
    Swiftkey: 6
    GBoard: 4
    Q10: 8

Accuracy of Typing:
    Native: 6
    Swiftkey: 5
    GBoard: 4
    Q10: 10

Accuracy of Swiping:
    Native: Not applicable
    Swiftkey: 7
    GBoard: 5
    Q10: Not applicable

Ironically, the Swiftkey-enabled BlackBerry keyboards were amazingly (even telepathically) accurate in their predictions, while Swiftkey on iPhone sucks in comparison. I have no idea why this is the case. The only explanation I can come up with is that BlackBerry fine-tuned the predictions and made them better.
    SteveyAsp likes this.
    06-15-2016 09:20 PM
    Another mention for SwiftKey. I use the stock and SwiftKey keyboards. I've tried a lot of different third party keyboards, but seem to always come back to SwiftKey and the stock. This works for me.
    06-15-2016 10:18 PM
    I wish the stock keyboard had predictive text for Serbian as well and not only English. If that was the case, it would be perfect for me.
    You should be able to add the stock Serbian keyboard in Settings > General > Keyboards > Keyboards > Add New Keyboard... > Serbian.
    Good news: iOS 10 is supposed to support multiple language keyboards without having to keep switching back and forth.
    mumfoau likes this.
    06-15-2016 10:22 PM
    You should be able to add the stock Serbian keyboard in Settings > General > Keyboards > Keyboards > Add New Keyboard... > Serbian.
    Yup, I did, but it only adds the keyboard with all the Serbian alphabets and no predictive text in Serbian.
    06-16-2016 05:29 AM
    From reading this thread, I decided to try GBoard and I kinda like it. Thanks for the info everyone.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-16-2016 05:48 AM
26 12