How can I get my iPhone SE to pair with my bluetooth speakers?

I

iMore Question

On my iPhone 5 SE does not work bluetooth.

1. Tried this with multiple working iPad Air that I currently use - the problem persists.
2. Switched the Bluetooth on - off multiple times.
3. Deleted the bluetooth iPad and iPhone profiles.
4, Reset All the settings.
5. Re-paired the bluetooth.
6. Finally, restored to factory settings.

No result.

In connection between iPhone 5 SE and IMac after a/m steps
I was successful.
But between iPhone and iPad not !!
Please help me. I want to buy for my iPhone bluetooth speakers and I am not sure if it works.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: On my iPhone 5 SE does not work bluetooth.

To answer the thread question, do the following:

1. Make sure that the Bluetooth speakers are compatible with the iPhone SE.
2. Put the Bluetooth speaker in discovery has mode.
3. On your iPhone SE, go to Settings → Bluetooth, and then enable the toggle next to Bluetooth.
4. When the iPhone SE detects the Bluetooth speakers, pair with it by following the on-screen prompts.

kejahrtep

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
I was not successful in trying connect Apple products (iMac, iPad Air) with iPhone 5 SE trough bluetooth. That is why I hasitate buying new radio Auna, where is possibility to connect loud speakers by this way through BT. All recommended steps I did several times.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I was not successful in trying connect Apple products (iMac, iPad Air) with iPhone 5 SE trough bluetooth. That is why I hasitate buying new radio Auna, where is possibility to connect loud speakers by this way through BT. All recommended steps I did several times.

Have you checked with the manufacturer? What model of Bluetooth speaker do you have? For what it's worth, I have successfully paired my 6s Plus with three different Bluetooth speakers and two vehicle infotainment systems without an issue. As a frequent user of this forum, I can pretty safely say this isn't a common problem.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Have you checked with the manufacturer? What model of Bluetooth speaker do you have? For what it's worth, I have successfully paired my 6s Plus with three different Bluetooth speakers and two vehicle infotainment systems without an issue. As a frequent user of this forum, I can pretty safely say this isn't a common problem.

Apparently the SE had a Bluetooth issue, which was fixed in iOS 9.3.2. Hopefully he will update if he hasn't already.

kejahrtep

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
Updated, of course. No results. How can I connect other device if I cannot connect Appel product ?

Last edited:

eckl

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Updated, of course. No results. How can I connect other device if I cannot connet Appel product ?

On your iPhone, you need to turn mobile hotspot on. The way iPad connecting to your phone is to utilize the Internet

Hope this helps.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
On your iPhone, you need to turn mobile hotspot on. The way iPad connecting to your phone is to utilize the Internet

Hope this helps.

I don't think anybody was asking about using an iPhone as a mobile hotspot. The issue is connecting an iPhone SE to a Bluetooth speaker.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Updated, of course. No results. How can I connect other device if I cannot connet Appel product ?

When I first got my iPhone 6s Plus in September, I had trouble getting my Bluetooth headset to pair. I kept working with it. Did a hard reset of the phone. Just kept trying. Finally it caught. No problems since.

eckl

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't think anybody was asking about using an iPhone as a mobile hotspot. The issue is connecting an iPhone SE to a Bluetooth speaker.

Sorry. May have misunderstood.

I connected iPhone SE to Bluetooth headset from plantronics and jabra, JBL wireless speaker. No problem.

Just the usual procedures. Put the speaker into pairing mode according to the manual, and iPhone found it easily.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Sorry. May have misunderstood.

I connected iPhone SE to Bluetooth headset from plantronics and jabra, JBL wireless speaker. No problem.

Just the usual procedures. Put the speaker into pairing mode according to the manual, and iPhone found it easily.

It's no problem

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

"An iPhone will not pair via Bluetooth to a computer (Mac or Windows) except for personal hotspot and then only if your cellular plan supports it. https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-7722

If you are attempting to use Handoff/Continuity, that does involve Bluetooth but the devices are NOT paired; Bluetooth just needs to be on and the devices in range of each other. The following may help with Handoff/Continuity issues: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204678"

Source: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7123426?language=en

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods