I am back to the 6s after using iPhone SE

Saint04

May 21, 2016
Visit site
Ditto, I use my iPhone as a tool first and then entertainment. I have an iPad and Mac Mini if I need a full on entertainment device. My phone goes with me everywhere... to include mountain/road biking (bicycle mount), the gym (in my pocket), taking shots/photos on my adventures or on a tripod for more professional shots, running (armband attachment), etc. I greatly appreciate the smaller form factor.

In terms of entertainment, I mostly use it for music (while driving), podcasts (while driving), taking photos and as a tool (i.e. gps tracking... I use the App Strava, which tracks speed, heart-rate, distance, time, route etc) when active doing recreational activities. I only really use the screen for typing up quick emails when away from my Mac Mini, texting, price matching when shopping around and reading articles from the news app when I'm bored... particularly while laying in bed trying to relax and fall asleep (perfect for one handed use I might add... excellent form factor).

In case anyone is looking for a good case with aftermarket attachments/mounts, I highly recommend the quad lock case.

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I can't even imagine how bad people's eyes have to be to not see what is on the screen of a 5S/SE. I never got that. Guess I should knock on wood I have no problems making things out. I went from the 6Plus, to the 6S and now on the SE. Love it. Will be rocking it until they come out with something else that scratches my tech itch like the SE has.

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I can't even imagine how bad people's eyes have to be to not see what is on the screen of a 5S/SE. I never got that. Guess I should knock on wood I have no problems making things out. I went from the 6Plus, to the 6S and now on the SE. Love it. Will be rocking it until they come out with something else that scratches my tech itch like the SE has.

ditto! seriously! Those are probably the same people that used to love their smaller iPhone 4, humans are never satisfied......

give them a small device, they complain it's small, give them a big device, they complain its big

just use what you love IMO and be happy

Small phones FTW

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
ditto! seriously! Those are probably the same people that used to love their smaller iPhone 4, humans are never satisfied......

give them a small device, they complain it's small, give them a big device, they complain its big

just use what you love IMO and be happy

Small phones FTW

I have been wearing glasses (have to wear them all the time, not just for reading) for slightly over 20 years now...so it makes no difference to me. Also haven't ever felt like I was squinting.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have an se and I'm not all that thrilled. I bought it because I didn't want to spend the coin on the S this late in the cycle. Phone is nice, but the screen is too small for me. I have been using a Galaxy Note of some form for the last four years. The screen is also sometimes non responsive to touch. The camera turns off music. On the other hand the battery life is pretty darn good.

Use a 3rd party camera when playing music. Only the stock camera shuts off when music is playing. I use ProCamera +HDR as my default. I only use the stock for live photos.

rdmartin1

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Use a 3rd party camera when playing music. Only the stock camera shuts off when music is playing. I use ProCamera +HDR as my default. I only use the stock for live photos.

Why should I have to waste space with a third party app to use a product in the way it should work? Apple needs to fix this. Live photos are a waste in my opinion. Perhaps they should give the option to turn that off so it works like a camera should.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Why should I have to waste space with a third party app to use a product in the way it should work? Apple needs to fix this. Live photos are a waste in my opinion. Perhaps they should give the option to turn that off so it works like a camera should.

Some of these 3rd party cameras have many more features and options than the stock. ProCamera has a great low light setting. It would be great if Apple would include all these great features as well as allow music to play. But they don't. You can leave them feedback here:
Feedback
https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html#mn_p

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Some of these 3rd party cameras have many more features and options than the stock. ProCamera has a great low light setting. It would be great if Apple would include all these great features as well as allow music to play. But they don't. You can leave them feedback here:
Feedback
Feedback - iPhone - Apple

thanks a lot for this recommendation! ProCamera is so good that I bought it for myself and my wife with the HRD Plus mode! It's like an upgrade for the camera, seriously. The quality is just insane and the low light mode is so good.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
thanks a lot for this recommendation! ProCamera is so good that I bought it for myself and my wife with the HRD Plus mode! It's like an upgrade for the camera, seriously. The quality is just insane and the low light mode is so good.

One of my favorite features is the time/date stamp that shows at the bottom of photos. You can enable it in the settings. The low light+ is amazing. Totally worth the in app price.

super_rigel

May 11, 2016
Visit site
I currently use the SE along with a Sony Z3. Although typing on the SE is slightly less convenient than typing on the 6/6s and plus models, the SE is very portable and convenient to use with one hand. I still enjoy using my SE. I suppose I'll dual wield devices. For times when I need a bigger screen, I simply use my Z3. It works.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I loved my SE! The size, screen and power button on top were great! I could just never get used to typing on that tiny screen. I would have a lot of errors.

I type a lot on my phones and run my business from them, so a bigger screen just made sense for me.

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
One of my favorite features is the time/date stamp that shows at the bottom of photos. You can enable it in the settings. The low light+ is amazing. Totally worth the in app price.

yes I loved that too. But I can't find how to buby or activate the lowlight plus mode. Like when I chose HDR, it prompted me to buy it which I did, but when I chose Low Light, it didn't prompt me to buy anything or upgrade to the plus. how do I do that?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
yes I loved that too. But I can't find how to buby or activate the lowlight plus mode. Like when I chose HDR, it prompted me to buy it which I did, but when I chose Low Light, it didn't prompt me to buy anything or upgrade to the plus. how do I do that?

There should be two low light Settings. One regular low light, and the low light +.
ffa597775acf138a20ce9d0f77b8b113.jpg

PM me if you still have issues. We don't need to hijack the thread.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Is the low light only available on the plus with its OIS ? Don't have that option on my SE but on my 6s Plus

It's on my iPhone 5. I just checked. It should be there. Ahh! Slide the menu all the way to the left. You should see the menu as shown below. Toggle low light on.
1da050e8bc6414be51f3c0770078ab7c.jpg

randally

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site

It does work like it should. Since live photo and video modes use the mic to record sound, music is turned off so it is not recorded.

Last edited:

rdmartin1

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
It does work like it should. Since live photo and video modes use the mic to record sound, music is turned off so it is not recorded.

No it does not work like it should. If I were recording a video or using Live Photos I would expect my music to pause. However when I am taking a standard photo it should not interfere with my audio. That is not how it is supposed to work. No other phone does that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen