I have both in front of me.

The SE was $550 after tax and the 6s (both 64 GB) was $600, so the price difference was rather minimal. I love the size of the SE, as one handed texting and text input is just amazing. Being able to text without needing to even look at the screen is truly amazing as well.

But, the screen real estate on the 6s is very nice for games and videos.

Decisions decisions as I only have about a week left to decide which I want to use as my daily driver for a while.

(Note, I only use 3D Touch for the keypad input and almost never take selfies so neither of those are important to me.)
    04-12-2016 07:39 PM
    I thought the 6S was $749 before tax. Did the price drop? Do you spend a lot of time watching videos and gaming or just occasionally?
    04-12-2016 07:44 PM
    I thought the 6S was $749 before tax. Did the price drop? Do you spend a lot of time watching videos and gaming or just occasionally?
    Got a new 6s off eBay (with a 30 day return "do not like" policy).

Gaming is meh on the phone, but videos (especially YouTube) are something I watch all the time.
    04-12-2016 07:47 PM
    It's a decision you need to make on your own

I bought the SE and I'm truly happy but everyones needs are different
    libra89 and pr1nce like this.
    04-12-2016 08:10 PM
    I believe the SE to be a nice upgrade to those with a 5S.
    04-12-2016 08:20 PM
    When Apple created the 6 series 2 years ago, they followed the crowd.
    Now, Apple created and serve its own niche of smaller (compact?) and all-buiness phones.
    But then again, others will follow in no time......
    04-12-2016 08:31 PM
    I have had the 6S for a couple weeks now. Like you, I got it pretty cheap. I'm selling it, or trading it and getting a SE. In fact, I put my sim in my old 5S. The size just makes sense to me. Sounds crazy, but I fumble so much with the 6S. Ido of its the edges or something but it's just not comfortable.
    Lefty724 and kataran like this.
    04-12-2016 08:34 PM
    I had the iPhone 6 and SE at the same to compare and see what size I liked better.

The SE wins hands down for me. The size and one handed operation have far exceeded my expectations.
    libra89, LCW, zocster and 1 others like this.
    04-12-2016 09:03 PM
    I had the iPhone 6 and SE at the same to compare and see what size I liked better.

The SE wins hands down for me. The size and one handed operation have far exceeded my expectations.
    Yes, a smartphone to me is a communication device with PIM to support my everyday life. It's a "get up and go, and "tossing around" device. Being able to listen to music occasionally or checking current world affairs on video when stranded in airport etc. are just bonus. I do not use the phone for entertainment or gaming etc. I do watch YouTube etc once in a while but mostly on desktop or iPad.

So, the compact size of the SE literally means a "daily driver". I do not feel like lugging around unwieldy stuff, but rather a trusty little companion.
    The fact that the SE's size does not at all compromise the performance is the dream come true.
    Lefty724, libra89, pr1nce and 2 others like this.
    04-12-2016 09:25 PM
    Yes, a smartphone to me is a communication device with PIM to support my everyday life. It's a "get up and go, and "tossing around" device. Being able to listen to music occasionally or checking current world affairs on video when stranded in airport etc. are just bonus. I do not use the phone for entertainment or gaming etc. I do watch YouTube etc once in a while but mostly on desktop or iPad.

So, the compact size of the SE literally means a "daily driver". I do not feel like lugging around unwieldy stuff, but rather a trusty little companion.
    The fact that the SE's size does not at all compromise the performance is the dream come true.
    You sound very similar to me with how you use your phone, and I totally agree.
    Glad to know that I'm not the only person who doesn't really watch YouTube videos on my phone. I could but nah. Just change checking current affairs with reading ebooks and using Feedly. xd

I would have never known that I could get a device like this! The price was just a bonus.
    04-12-2016 09:49 PM
    I switched to the SE from a 6, I previously had a 6 Plus. I'm over big screens. A small, portable, compact yet powerful iPhone is perfect for me. The battery life is fantastic, the camera is fantastic, I can't praise it enough.

Ultimately though you need to decide what will work best for you.
    libra89 and RobertP1 like this.
    04-13-2016 05:20 AM
    Here's my $.02 The SE has many features of the 6s but not all. You need to see if those features are show stoppers, if so get the 6s. Also the size, do you want a slightly larger iPhone?

Here's what the SE does not have.
    • TouchID 2 (Original TouchID).
    • No 5-megapixel FaceTime camera
    • No barometer
    • No 3D Touch display
    • No Dual-Domain pixels
    • No LTE Advanced

For me the SE was a great size, but also great price. I'll be lying to you, to say the price was the final motivator in changing phones. I'd much rather spend 500 then 750.
    Lefty724, libra89 and sjohnvivian like this.
    04-13-2016 06:27 AM
    Depends on what you really like. I upgraded to the 6 from a 5S, skeptical at first because i didn't want to "follow the crowd", for what it's worth, i thought the 5S was the best iPhone thus far, perfect size, perfect design, it fit just right. When i upgraded, it is difficult to use the 6series iPhone's without a case, it's slippery, one handed texting is a little tough. BUT after a while of using the 6, i don't understand how i ever used a smaller phone, your eyes get used to the bigger screen for videos, pictures, and even texting is better with a wider keyboard. I personally prefer the 6series, and when the 7 comes out, I'll upgrade to 7plus.

But then again, it's truly up to you. The bigger screen makes a lot of things easier from what I've experience. Whether you get the SE or a 6series, you are still getting an amazing phone.
    St_Deborah likes this.
    04-13-2016 03:07 PM
    Ahhhh gotcha!

Got a new 6s off eBay (with a 30 day return "do not like" policy).

Gaming is meh on the phone, but videos (especially YouTube) are something I watch all the time.
    04-13-2016 03:51 PM
    I was nothing to do with "following the crowd" for me when I went with the 6s Plus. It was just based on the fact that I fracking love the iPhone, and wanted the biggest screen I could get in my phone. Makes it easier to text with the wider keyboard, shoot off emails, and edit documents on the road. I spend a lot of time on the road for my job so the larger screen is nice. Plus it helps that I have really large hands so using it one hand generally isnt an issue for me.
    04-13-2016 10:20 PM
    I have the 6 Plus, and I'll never go back. Always avoided the iPhone due to the narrow screen. Used BB and one Non-Samaung Android.

Always in a Pelican case. Not hard to handle. Wife has a 6. Easy to handle, especially with the case she has on it.
    04-14-2016 01:34 AM

I'm looking at one for the kids for their birthday in Dec. Glad you like yours.
    Lefty724 likes this.
    04-14-2016 02:32 AM
    I am in the same boat. I have been rolling with the 6S+ since launch and am fed up with the Big Screen. I just bought the 6S two days ago (because the SE was out of stock) and I am loving the smaller size. I have a couple weeks to decide and I might go even smaller with the SE. I do love the 3D touch though.. Tough call, but I am glad to be away from the monster
    04-14-2016 11:47 AM
    Is the battery life on the SE suppose to be better than the 6S? Battery life is huge for me.
    04-14-2016 11:49 AM
    I'm happy with my battery, it lasts through out the day.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-14-2016 01:26 PM
    I need a little more time with the 6S. The first few days with a phone you are downloading all you apps and getting familiar with the phone and you spend a lot more time playing with it.

I am at 59% now at 4 pm and had a somewhat average day. A little GPS a few calls, emails,and texts..
    04-14-2016 03:55 PM
    Well , a 6S 64 Gb at the same price of the SE is a very good deal... It's up to you: form factor or functionalities ?
    04-15-2016 05:19 AM
    When Apple created the 6 series 2 years ago, they followed the crowd.
    Now, Apple created and serve its own niche of smaller (compact?) and all-buiness phones.
    But then again, others will follow in no time......
    When I said "followed the crowd", I meant Apple's competitions (mostly Android camp), not those who purchased large phones, who made their own decision according to their own preference.
    But the crowd (read: Samsung?) will see the acceptance and the success of the Apple 4 inchers, and I fully anticipate that they would try to offer similar compact size phones soon. We'll see.
    04-15-2016 10:53 AM
    When I said "followed the crowd", I meant Apple's competitions (mostly Android camp), not those who purchased large phones, who made their own decision according to their own preference.
    But the crowd (read: Samsung?) will see the acceptance and the success of the Apple 4 inchers, and I fully anticipate that they would try to offer similar compact size phones soon. We'll see.
    I'll love to see what they would offer because right now, the SE has no competition for the size it is. The "smaller" phones seem to start at 4.5".
    LCW likes this.
    04-15-2016 11:29 AM
    I went from a 5s to a 6s and have no regrets. I considered the 6s plus, but I have small hands and it was too much, plus I carry my phone in pockets much of the time, and I just didn't want something the size of a plus. That said, I do see the merits of the SE... I don't think I'd consider going back, but it's a personal preference.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    04-15-2016 12:08 PM
35 12