Can't choose between 6s and SE

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I need a little more time with the 6S. The first few days with a phone you are downloading all you apps and getting familiar with the phone and you spend a lot more time playing with it.

I am at 59% now at 4 pm and had a somewhat average day. A little GPS a few calls, emails,and texts..

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
When Apple created the 6 series 2 years ago, they followed the crowd.
Now, Apple created and serve its own niche of smaller (compact?) and all-buiness phones.
But then again, others will follow in no time......

When I said "followed the crowd", I meant Apple's competitions (mostly Android camp), not those who purchased large phones, who made their own decision according to their own preference.
But the crowd (read: Samsung?) will see the acceptance and the success of the Apple 4 inchers, and I fully anticipate that they would try to offer similar compact size phones soon. We'll see.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
When I said "followed the crowd", I meant Apple's competitions (mostly Android camp), not those who purchased large phones, who made their own decision according to their own preference.
But the crowd (read: Samsung?) will see the acceptance and the success of the Apple 4 inchers, and I fully anticipate that they would try to offer similar compact size phones soon. We'll see.

I'll love to see what they would offer because right now, the SE has no competition for the size it is. The "smaller" phones seem to start at 4.5".

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I went from a 5s to a 6s and have no regrets. I considered the 6s plus, but I have small hands and it was too much, plus I carry my phone in pockets much of the time, and I just didn't want something the size of a plus. That said, I do see the merits of the SE... I don't think I'd consider going back, but it's a personal preference.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I went from a 5s to a 6s and have no regrets. I considered the 6s plus, but I have small hands and it was too much, plus I carry my phone in pockets much of the time, and I just didn't want something the size of a plus. That said, I do see the merits of the SE... I don't think I'd consider going back, but it's a personal preference.

Rumour of the resurrection of the 4 inch iPhone has been simmering for quite some time. Hell, it even started as a possible 3.5 inch phone (I do believe Apple once considered it. If go small, go really small and the 4s is still popular :). But I was not sure and going back and forth between the 6s and the 5s 3 times in the last 6 months alone!, poor Apple LOL.
The 6s is not really "too large" and actually started growing on me as the sweet spot, when SE came true. Then I jumped on it. I'll see how it goes and if I really need a 6s size (for typing and aging eyes), I will rather wait and grab a 7. That's my strategy now. The SE is serving me really well now, particularly in combination with my iPad Mini 4.
But I fully understand that 4 inch is a controversial size, sitting right between the camps for small and large screen sizes.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
The SE was a dream come thru for me. I was planning on keeping my 5s until it crumpled in my hand but now it's resting in its original box. Served me well

Engr Aamir Khan Niazi

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
SE is best for you. For videos and games there is a thing called iPad. Go for it.
How much one have time for watching videos on iPhone? Beside this iPhone SE can play video better and you can play also games only difference is of screen size(which isn't too much).

One of the many reason I love Apple for perfect size phones they invented (iPhone 4,4s,5,5s).
I will buy surely iPhone SE in next month.

You will love iPhone SE when it will be in your hands and this device got features of iPhone 6s. What else do you need?

Go for iPhone SE. You will be happy with this decision I bet.

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. My daughter will be getting the SE. The fact that it's $299 off contract at Walmart + the fact that it'll last a while. I'm sold. I use the 6 but that's because I love the larger screen size.

Ninavi

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
Lots of mixed feelings about the SE vs 6S here. I would join the iPhone 6 side though: once you go big, there is no turning back. It feels cramped up to me.

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm poking in here from Disney, as I took my family during April vacation, and my point in mentioning that is the form factor and battery life. I find the size great as I don't have to worry about dealing with a larger phone, and the battery is lasting all day without any issues. We're taking pictures with it, but also playing with our phones during the long Disney lines, and the SE is holding up like a champ

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I have several friends who have held on faithfully to their 5's & 5s's because they find the newer gen iPhones too big & bulky either for their hand size or personal preferences. I get that, and I'm sure there are many just like my friends out in the world who feel the same...and now they have a phone just for them. Good on Apple for releasing the SE. I hope it's a tremendous success! :)

Frankly, although I traded my 6s+ for a 6s right after launch because of my smallish hands...I've adjusted fine to the 6s. I must admit that getting an SE has crossed my mind, but I would miss the screen size & few other features that I'd be giving up in the trade.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm on the same page as TLD1. I went from a 5s to a 6s. My husband still has a 5, and it's very weird to use his.. it does feel cramped. But it's all about personal preferences. I don't think that one is necessarily better than the other, and I salute Apple for giving us a variety of choices.

Seki-Kun

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I went from a 6S+ to an SE a couple of weeks ago. I love the smaller size of the phone and don't really miss the 6S+ at all. The only thing *I* have with it is I play a couple of music games on my phone (School Idol Festival and Starlight Stage) and those are a little different to play with the smaller real estate on the screen, but nothing worth complaining about. Overall I am very happy with it and haven't missed a single feature that the 6S+ had that the SE doesn't.

Nerdteck

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
iPhone SE is a beast with 2gb of ram and the A9 I can truly say I'm satisfied the portability is something that fits right in the hands and the iPhone just works so nice you can slide it inside your suit jacket.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73