iPhone SE reports of Bluetooth issues are growing...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, a lot of members have have the iPhone SE, and yet, you're the only one with the issue thus far. If It were me, I'd try the following:
  • Un-pair from the Bluetooth device, and then pair with it again.
  • Update the iOS version to the latest, if you haven't already.
  • If you restored a backup to your new device, try restoring it again, but this time, set it up as new.

mbranscum

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
No. He's not the only person with the problem. According to reports there are many having this issue.

On a positive note, it's probably a software issue and will be corrected.

Hopefully not hardware related.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No. He's not the only person with the problem. According to reports there are many having this issue.

He is the only member here who is having the problem, or has reported having the problem, from what I've read here in these forums.

2ndHalfCor

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

You're right. I sent my wife's SE back for this problem and bought a 64gb SE for myself expecting this was a hit-or-miss problem, but I'm having the exact same issue with my SE also. Has anyone fixed this permanently by erasing the phone and setting it up as new. (It's a big, time consuming job).

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Well, a lot of members have have the iPhone SE, and yet, you're the only one with the issue thus far. If It were me, I'd try the following:
  • Un-pair from the Bluetooth device, and then pair with it again.
  • Update the iOS version to the latest, if you haven't already.
  • If you restored a backup to your new device, try restoring it again, but this time, set it up as new.

None of that works if you read the apple discussion thread, i thought it fixed mine but no. APPLE need to fix this or start a re call before someone is killed out of frustration picking up their phone as they can't hear on bluetooth. Then it will hit the fan.

aaaruba

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I will sadly be returning the phone and will purchase again when the issue is fixed. The phone is impossible to use with Bluetooth in the car. I have erased the phone and set it up as new and I have disconnected and reconnected to the Bluetooth. The problem never goes away - perhaps will temporarily improve but quickly goes back to unusable. I don't trust that this is just a software fix and I don't want to be stuck with a bad phone after the 30 days.

aaaruba

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
They hooked the phone up to a blue tooth speaker at the Apple Store and told me to make a call. The static was there. Though the 14 day refund period had already passed they took the phone back. There were no phones available to swap out with it. Maybe I will repurchase in a month or so. I am back on my 6s.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
They hooked the phone up to a blue tooth speaker at the Apple Store and told me to make a call. The static was there. Though the 14 day refund period had already passed they took the phone back. There were no phones available to swap out with it. Maybe I will repurchase in a month or so. I am back on my 6s.

The 14 day refund period is different from the warranty. The warranty is for 1 year for manufacturing defects.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2