6+ to SE thread!

anon(5928073)

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I wanted to give a quick update after having used the phone for a few days.

I mostly use my phone to text, make calls, browse the Web, listen to music, and watch shows. The transition to a smaller keyboard hasn't been a nuisance at all for me, but I do have smaller hands than some.

Transitioning from the 6+ I was mostly worried about having difficulty being able to read Web content and how the smaller screen size would affect my experience watching shows. So far I have been pleasantly surprised. I use Safari as my browser and find that enabling reader view really helps. I'd say it's available on 75% of the websites I visit. At first I didn't think I would be able to enjoy watching shows nearly as much as I did on the 6+, and while this is mostly true, I don't hate it at all as I typically only watch 30-60 minutes per day. I feel like the benefits of the smaller device far outweigh this and it is to expected that viewing shows is better on a bigger screen.

The most pleasant difference for me has actually been the form factor! I find that the phone is so much easier and enjoyable to hold due to the more squared off deign. As I mentioned in my previous post, the 6+ was my first iPhone so I had no experience with the 5s to compare it to.

The SE feels snappier and the battery lasts me just as long as my 6+ ever did. The difference between the second and first generation Touch ID is negligible for me. So other than the screen size, I feel like I gained more than I lost with this trade.

Hope this helps anyone else considering making the trade from a 6+!

Glad you are happy with your choice!

Just a thing to note: if you did come from a 6+ and not a 6s+ then you should know that TouchID is first generation on both the SE and 6+!

anon(5928073)

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, so I definitely tried to go from my 6+ to the SE as I mentioned in my OP.

Didn't workout how I wanted it too. For anyone switching, you may be able to get used to it but the screen is just so small now and my typing on the SE was ridiculously inaccurate.

BUT I did move to a 6s. So we are all good haha

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, so I definitely tried to go from my 6+ to the SE as I mentioned in my OP.

Didn't workout how I wanted it too. For anyone switching, you may be able to get used to it but the screen is just so small now and my typing on the SE was ridiculously inaccurate.

BUT I did move to a 6s. So we are all good haha

Try typing on any other touch screen phone like Galaxy S7 for example which I just sold and you will love how accurate the iPhone SE is compared to them. Offcourse I understand that you are used to a bigger screen keyboard, that's understandable. But for me, switching from the larger Galaxy S7 to the smaller iPhone SE actually made my typing more accurate. There's something so natural about the typing experience I feel like I always get the letters right not having to be super careful like with my S7. Just my 2 cents

TheRadBear

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Hey Gang,

After using my new Rose Gold 64G SE I can confirm that it's awesome; it feels great in hands, single-handed operation is a non-issue. I like the screen/colour saturation on it and have never run out of space (large photo library). Now, I simply feel that the 6 Plus was too much of a hardware piece to carry.

SE all the way, if you ask me.

Cheers!

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
I went from a 6+ to the SE and I couldn't be happier.

No device is perfect, there are some things the plus does better then the SE, and vice versa.

Is there anything you miss? Is the FaceTime camera noticeably lower resolution? I don't usually use 3D Touch so I'm wondering if I'll miss anything. The smaller size may be welcome.

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Is there anything you miss? Is the FaceTime camera noticeably lower resolution? I don't usually use 3D Touch so I'm wondering if I'll miss anything. The smaller size may be welcome.

Not really, the larger size of the plus certainly as some advantages, so when I play some games (though I'm not a huge gamer), and running office apps like Excel. I generally don't run any office apps on my SE, but I tended to on the plus.

Overall, though, the SE, has been everything I hoped it would be. A fast small, very holdable (and pocketable) phone that doesn't get in the way which I felt the plus did.

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
Not really, the larger size of the plus certainly as some advantages, so when I play some games (though I'm not a huge gamer), and running office apps like Excel. I generally don't run any office apps on my SE, but I tended to on the plus.

Overall, though, the SE, has been everything I hoped it would be. A fast small, very holdable (and pocketable) phone that doesn't get in the way which I felt the plus did.

I'm starting to feel as though the 6s Plus is getting in the way also. I do not like pocketing the huge phone of the Plus and I think I may be happier with the size of the SE. I wonder if the front camera resolution or anything else would be missed... Also, it would suck if Apple came out with a 4-inch iPhone 7. I'm trying to get a consensus about the switch... I want to be happy when I go back to a smaller iPhone.

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
I swapped out my 6 Plus for the SE today and I couldn't be happier! I came from the Galaxy S4 and was ready for a phablet at the time. The huge screen was amazing and I thought it was a love that was going to last. But with an infant and a toddler the 6 Plus had become unwieldy and cumbersome to use on the go. I traded it in and got $300 for it. As for the SE, I am a late comer to iPhone and I finally get why there are so many fans of the 4 inch screen. It has taken me less than a day to adjust, and I may come across a few tasks made more difficult by the smaller screen, but for now I am totally satisfied with my trade.

Where did you trade it in?

TreeSpooner

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Where did you trade it in?

At the Apple store. They credited my credit card that I purchased the SE with (bought online with store pickup). I know I could have sold it for at least an extra $150 if I sold it myself, but I just didn't want to deal with the hassle.

rave264

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
i'm being lurking around trying to decide whether to make the switch as well. I yo-yo between iphones and samsungs. Right now, i'm on the s7; it's intriguing for me to imagine having a 1-handed phone. I started with the iphone 6. I've decided to take the plunge; i bought the iphone se. When i get it, i'll see if i am good with the screen size.

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
At the Apple store. They credited my credit card that I purchased the SE with (bought online with store pickup). I know I could have sold it for at least an extra $150 if I sold it myself, but I just didn't want to deal with the hassle.

I just called the Apple Store and was told that they would probably give me $200-$250 for my 6s Plus... Doesn't seem right. For $300, I would be in your boat and get the SE and pay the difference.

rave264

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Try typing on any other touch screen phone like Galaxy S7 for example which I just sold and you will love how accurate the iPhone SE is compared to them. Offcourse I understand that you are used to a bigger screen keyboard, that's understandable. But for me, switching from the larger Galaxy S7 to the smaller iPhone SE actually made my typing more accurate. There's something so natural about the typing experience I feel like I always get the letters right not having to be super careful like with my S7. Just my 2 cents

Haha....this is so me. I have a samsung s7 right now, and you won't believe how many errors i get when typing. I decided to go ahead and get the iphone se today, can't wait to have it in my hands.

TreeSpooner

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I just called the Apple Store and was told that they would probably give me $200-$250 for my 6s Plus... Doesn't seem right. For $300, I would be in your boat and get the SE and pay the difference.

That doesn't seem right. So I used this link to get my quote https://reuserecycle.abbti.brightstarcorp.com/Iphonehome.aspx

They barely even looked at it at the store, didn't test it out or anything. I would imagine the 6S Plus would definitely worth at least $300.

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com

TreeSpooner

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
That link shows me $300 for an iPhone 6 Plus with the same specs as mine. I have a 6s Plus. Should definitely be worth more I would think.

Maybe chat with Apple online and ask them why the discrepancy? Do they have any SEs in stock at your local Apple store? I had to check every day for weeks before they were in stock here. If so you could show them that quote when you go in. I also had a $300 quote from Verizon, but I wanted an unlocked version so I went with Apple.

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Haha....this is so me. I have a samsung s7 right now, and you won't believe how many errors i get when typing. I decided to go ahead and get the iphone se today, can't wait to have it in my hands.

my advice to you when you get it, when you type, don't look at the keyboard and try to type carefully, just bash the letters for the word you want blindly and watch how you always get it right thanks to the awesome autocorrect. Better than SwiftKey even

TheRadBear

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
That link shows me $300 for an iPhone 6 Plus with the same specs as mine. I have a 6s Plus. Should definitely be worth more I would think.

Hey Guys,

Just sharing my experience with the trade-in via Brightstar. Although I have not received my confirmed gift card value (my old device is enroute to their facilities), I can confirm that they provisionally assessed a 6 Plus with 128G at $400 Canadian. Will keep you posted once I get the final word on my trade-in value.

Cheers!

anon(5928073)

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys so In my OP I had my 6+. Now went from an SE to a 6s. I gotta admit, the 6s is a sweet spot for me.

Fast, battery life is good and 3D Touch is pretty cool. Also, I've sold 3 phones on swappa. It's pretty easy and I would recommend that to make that $100-$150 you guys won't get by going through Apple.

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site

I just sold my 6 plus on Swappa for 450 - food for thought.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711