6+ to SE thread!

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I went the other way. I went from a SE to a 6s+ and right now the 6s+ still feels huge! The bigger screen and bigger keyboard are awesome and I love typing with no errors.

I still have the SE all setup just in case the 6s+ doesn't work out. I love the SE because it's a little powerhouse and very manageable. I just have a hard time typing in the small keyboard and/or showing pics to customers on it. It seems like everyone has to squint to see things.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I went the other way. I went from a SE to a 6s+ and right now the 6s+ still feels huge! The bigger screen and bigger keyboard are awesome and I love typing with no errors.

I still have the SE all setup just in case the 6s+ doesn't work out. I love the SE because it's a little powerhouse and very manageable. I just have a hard time typing in the small keyboard and/or showing pics to customers on it. It seems like everyone has to squint to see things.

I have a feeling you'll stay s+

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
It seems like everyone has to squint to see things.
I'm in my 50s, I have to squint regardless of what I'm using ;)

I find the plus to be a great phone if you want to do a lot of surfing, or (like in my wife's case), its your main computer but for me the advantages of the SE outweigh the disadvantageous. I've been on vacation this week at DisneyWorld and dealing having a small phone makes life a lot easier, as I need to carry water, camera, snacks. Stuff that my kids don't want to carry etc.

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Just got shipping notification that my SE is in thee way! My days with my 6 Plus are now numbered! I know it will take time to get use to the SE size but I'm happy to have full one handed use back. Will get an iPad for my media consumption

AndrewMelder

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I moved from the 6s+ to the SE and I love it! So much more manageable when walking around or chasing the kids.

To be honest though, if the regular 6s had the battery life the SE has it would probably be a better compromise for me given the better FaceTime camera and 3D Touch. But, I need good battery life without an awful battery case.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1461656671.786021.jpg

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
On my SE now. I must say it will get some getting use to the size again. I like I have one handed use. More one hand typing then two. I want an iPad to take over my media consumption. I don't mind going from one iOS device to two. Looking forward to using the better 12mp camera. Finally farewells to my 6 plus. You served me well!

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I tried the 2 device thing with the SE/iPad mini combo. Just didn't work well for me. I used the SE more than the iPad because it was such an awesome device!

Good job on the SE. The typing will eventually get easier.

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I tried the 2 device thing with the SE/iPad mini combo. Just didn't work well for me. I used the SE more than the iPad because it was such an awesome device!

Good job on the SE. The typing will eventually get easier.

I'm looking to go with the iPad Pro 9.7. We'll see how it goes once I get it

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
After a few days with my SE, I'm starting to miss the screen size of my 6 plus. I set up my 6 plus again and just feels better to have that screen size. I think i just might stick with my 6 Plus until the new 7 comes out. The 4.7 6s felt perfect when i was at the apple months ago. But to get the 6s now, when the 7 is coming out would be pointless. I still feel the 5/s/SE is a perfect designed and a 4.7 SE would be perfect.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I just returned my iPhone 6s Plus and am sticking with the SE. I returned it because of cost.

If cost wasn't a issue, then I'd be on the 6s Plus no doubt.

Being that the SE is paid for and unlocked, it just makes financial sense.

Right now I'm missing the screen, keyboard and battery of the 6s Plus the most. However, the smaller size and specs of the SE make the transition not as tough. I'm hoping I can get used to this keyboard and quit making so many typing errors? If not, I'll have to revisit a 6s Plus once my finances allow.

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Ended up passing on the SE to my wife as an upgrade to her 5S and returned to my 6s+ While the form factor/design had me, because on constantly working from my device, it wasn't cutting it

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I seriously considered the SE until I got to this conclusion:

I have small hands but the 5/5S size feels cramped and I know, once the novelty wears off, I'll regret it.

I wouldn't be able to go back to smaller than 4.7".

Nerdteck

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I will be upgrading from the iPhone 6 Plus to the iPhone SE Gold edition in a few day's excited I had always favored the size and how it fits perfectly in the hands of the users.

klcrow8690

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Ya, maybe that was the problem? I was using the first generation iPad mini and the SE was light years faster than it lol.

I am using an iPhone SE and an iPad mini 4, and I'm starting to find a much better usage balance than with the the iPad mini 4 and the 6S+. I partially miss the 3D Touch and the better selfie camera of the 6S+ but nothing too major.

As far as performance goes, the iPhone SE and the iPad mini 4 are almost on par. The SE is faster mainly due to the A9 vs A8 processor; However for general usage, this is hardly noticeable.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I am using an iPhone SE and an iPad mini 4, and I'm starting to find a much better usage balance than with the the iPad mini 4 and the 6S+. I partially miss the 3D Touch and the better selfie camera of the 6S+ but nothing too major.

As far as performance goes, the iPhone SE and the iPad mini 4 are almost on par. The SE is faster mainly due to the A9 vs A8 processor; However for general usage, this is hardly noticeable.

With my iPhone 6s Plus, my iPad mini just sat and never got used. I was able to kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Now that I'm back on the SE, I'm charging the iPad again. I love the SE and it's a powerhouse.

I'm gonna play with using my Blackberry Classic/iPad mini this week and see how that goes.

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Definitely going to return the SE and stick with my 6 Plus until the 7. Will continue my non S upgrade cycle that I've been on since my first iPhone (3G). Still also going to purchase an iPad Pro 9.7.

TreeSpooner

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I swapped out my 6 Plus for the SE today and I couldn't be happier! I came from the Galaxy S4 and was ready for a phablet at the time. The huge screen was amazing and I thought it was a love that was going to last. But with an infant and a toddler the 6 Plus had become unwieldy and cumbersome to use on the go. I traded it in and got $300 for it. As for the SE, I am a late comer to iPhone and I finally get why there are so many fans of the 4 inch screen. It has taken me less than a day to adjust, and I may come across a few tasks made more difficult by the smaller screen, but for now I am totally satisfied with my trade.

Last edited:

TreeSpooner

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I wanted to give a quick update after having used the phone for a few days.

I mostly use my phone to text, make calls, browse the Web, listen to music, and watch shows. The transition to a smaller keyboard hasn't been a nuisance at all for me, but I do have smaller hands than some.

Transitioning from the 6+ I was mostly worried about having difficulty being able to read Web content and how the smaller screen size would affect my experience watching shows. So far I have been pleasantly surprised. I use Safari as my browser and find that enabling reader view really helps. I'd say it's available on 75% of the websites I visit. At first I didn't think I would be able to enjoy watching shows nearly as much as I did on the 6+, and while this is mostly true, I don't hate it at all as I typically only watch 30-60 minutes per day. I feel like the benefits of the smaller device far outweigh this and it is to expected that viewing shows is better on a bigger screen.

The most pleasant difference for me has actually been the form factor! I find that the phone is so much easier and enjoyable to hold due to the more squared off deign. As I mentioned in my previous post, the 6+ was my first iPhone so I had no experience with the 5s to compare it to.

The SE feels snappier and the battery lasts me just as long as my 6+ ever did. The difference between the second and first generation Touch ID is negligible for me. So other than the screen size, I feel like I gained more than I lost with this trade.

Hope this helps anyone else considering making the trade from a 6+!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234