6+ to SE thread!

anon(5928073)

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I am about to go from a 6+ to an SE. Not worried about it at all. I have decently large hands but I loved the design and build quality of the 5s.

If you've come from a 6+, what do you think? Do you miss anything? Also, how is the camera quality of the SE compared to the 6+?

Last edited:

TheRadBear

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Hey,

Thanks for this great thread; +1 here - just about to switch from my much loathed 6 Plus to SE and I DO have big hands (not a basketball player, though)! I am sure that there are valid reasons for having such a monster of a slab in your pocket, but in my case - after 18 months - I've had enough. A smartphone should fit your single hand with ease, case closed.

Once I get hold of it (in approx. 2-3 weeks from now), I will gladly share my feedback with you.

Cheers!

anon(5928073)

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Hey,

Thanks for this great thread; +1 here - just about to switch from my much loathed 6 Plus to SE and I DO have big hands (not a basketball player, though)! I am sure that there are valid reasons for having such a monster of a slab in your pocket, but in my case - after 18 months - I've had enough. A smartphone should fit your single hand with ease, case closed.

Once I get hold of it (in approx. 2-3 weeks from now), I will gladly share my feedback with you.

Cheers!

Thanks for the reply man! Yeah I agree with the one hand usage. I was on a budget and I saw that the SE has better battery life than the 6S which it a deal-maker for me!

I'll have mine in a few days and I will definitely update this thread also.

I don't hate the 6+ though, I love the screen size and reachability option, but I hate when I'm casually lying in bed and have to adjust 20 times to find the right way to use it one handed! Lol

got556

May 4, 2013
Visit site
While I've had both a 6+ and 6S+ I actually left my Note 5 for the SE. Still love it. Marshmallow update killed my standby time on my VZW Note 5. My SE on 9.3.1 is getting amazing battery life. Only hard thing is getting used to typing but the autocorrect these days on iOS is much better than OSX 10.11.4....

Camera was much better on my Note 5 and fiance's S7 than the SE and 6S+. 6S+ edges out the SE due to OIS but I don't really find it an issue. Still a good camera.

The thing for me, which trumps all else, I can put the SE in any pocket I have and hardly notice it's there....in my car Lexus IS250 (which Lexus did an awful job with storage options) the SE is much more stable where I normally would set my phone on the center console compared to the larger phones. Another thing is browsing or messing around on the phone, so much more comfortable and my hand doesn't get tired near as quickly while holding it.

anon(5928073)

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
While I've had both a 6+ and 6S+ I actually left my Note 5 for the SE. Still love it. Marshmallow update killed my standby time on my VZW Note 5. My SE on 9.3.1 is getting amazing battery life. Only hard thing is getting used to typing but the autocorrect these days on iOS is much better than OSX 10.11.4....

Camera was much better on my Note 5 and fiance's S7 than the SE and 6S+. 6S+ edges out the SE due to OIS but I don't really find it an issue. Still a good camera.

The thing for me, which trumps all else, I can put the SE in any pocket I have and hardly notice it's there....in my car Lexus IS250 (which Lexus did an awful job with storage options) the SE is much more stable where I normally would set my phone on the center console compared to the larger phones. Another thing is browsing or messing around on the phone, so much more comfortable and my hand doesn't get tired near as quickly while holding it.

Yeah I just can't deal with android anymore and their update process. Love the android OS and their phone line up but I just love getting updates ASAP.

How is the SE camera compared to the 6+? The 6+ has 8MP OIS but SE has that 12MP camera. Should be close! Any comparison?

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I am about to go from a 6+ to an SE. Not worried about it at all. I have decently large hands but I loved the design and build quality of the 5s.

If you've come from a 6+, what do you think? Do you miss anything? Also, how is the camera quality of the SE compared to the 6+?

My wife sold her iPhone 6+ 128GB and got an iPhone SE 64GB. She keeps telling me everyday how much she loves her new phone and that while she enjoyed the iPhone 6S Plus at first, this feels so perfect in the hands

anon(5928073)

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
My wife sold her iPhone 6+ 128GB and got an iPhone SE 64GB. She keeps telling me everyday how much she loves her new phone and that while she enjoyed the iPhone 6S Plus at first, this feels so perfect in the hands

Sweet! Does she have any reserves about going to the smaller screen? How does she think the camera compares?

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Sweet! Does she have any reserves about going to the smaller screen? How does she think the camera compares?

not one bit, as I said, she keeps telling me everytime I see her "I LOVE MY PHONE" and I see her playing with it all day long like a baby

camera is the same she says

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
I went from a 6+ to the SE and I couldn't be happier.

No device is perfect, there are some things the plus does better then the SE, and vice versa.

ssfarm

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
I guess I bought my 6+ like so many others because I wanted the performance of the 6+ and there was no other choice. I am sure most people thought the days of the 4 inch phone were dead and if you wanted a new phone it would be the size of the 6 or 6+ if you wanted the new performance of iphones.

Now that there is a choice I immediately went back to the size of the SE with the performance of my 6+. Perfectly happy with my choice. Portability and performance are back in a size that is very manageable for me. And I suspect at some point they will fill the face of the 4 inch phone with all glass giving a bigger screen while maintaining the size of the SE. That will keep me buying iphones for a while anyways. I cannot go back to 5.5 inch screen. It was always a two handed operation and never easy to put anywhere for me.

anon(5928073)

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I guess I bought my 6+ like so many others because I wanted the performance of the 6+ and there was no other choice. I am sure most people thought the days of the 4 inch phone were dead and if you wanted a new phone it would be the size of the 6 or 6+ if you wanted the new performance of iphones.

Now that there is a choice I immediately went back to the size of the SE with the performance of my 6+. Perfectly happy with my choice. Portability and performance are back in a size that is very manageable for me. And I suspect at some point they will fill the face of the 4 inch phone with all glass giving a bigger screen while maintaining the size of the SE. That will keep me buying iphones for a while anyways. I cannot go back to 5.5 inch screen. It was always a two handed operation and never easy to put anywhere for me.

Do you feel that the rounded design of the 6+ contributed to that two handed operation?

I feel like the boxy-ish/beautiful design would help so much in one handed use on a bigger phone

ssfarm

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
I think it is just purely the size of the phone that makes the use of two hands necessary. It always seemed I had to keep the phone in one hand. Just the size of the phone made it not easy to just put anywhere. And I had to always be careful when picking it up or putting it down for fear of dropping the thing. And being the size of the 6+ it just seemed easier to have something fall on it or something breaking the screen. It just was not convenient for handling all day long. The 6+ did not sit in a belt holster easy and comfortable or even putting it in a pocket. Trying to mount it on the windshield took a lot of glass and just seemed in the way of seeing out the windshield. I think what I really enjoyed about my 6+ was the performance and battery life. That was good. However my SE has the same performance. I don't feel the battery last as long as the 6+ with the same use. But I make the day and if need be I could add a battery pack. But the SE does charge reasonably fast.

anon(5928073)

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
For me, I think the rounded edges do play a part through.

I've run through just about 20 phones. Maybe more and I've used a few phones over the 5inch mark. The design played a huge part in how well it is used in the hand.

Definitely excited for the SE

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site

+1, very well said. Took the words out of my mouth

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Do you feel that the rounded design of the 6+ contributed to that two handed operation?
I think it enhanced the idea that the phone is a tad more slippery then the 5s, and now the SE.

On one hand (so to speak), the round edges gives the iPhone a distinctive look, but on the other hand, it seems to make it a bit less holdable.

With that said, I still think the 5s design is classic, and I love the idea of having the power button on the top as opposed to the side.

2ndHalfCor

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I haven't had a 6+, but I've had an iPhone 6, 6s, Galaxy Note 3 and Note 5 (more than one each). I put up with the large size because of the functionality, but in each case, I finally gave up on them. The constant has been my iPhone 5s which soldiers along without complaint. So, it only makes sense I'd get an SE. I love the design of the 5s and never liked the design of or felt comfortable handling the 6 and 6s. I like small phones (I used to have a BlackBerry Pearl). I think there is a substantial (although not the majority) market for high-end small phones. I hope Apple will keep an up-to-date small phone in their line-up.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I had a 6 Plus and then a 6S Plus since last Sept. Decided to switch to SE as the size was starting to bother me. Truthfully, I wasn't thinking about going to a 4" phone again, but when the SE was released, with essentially 6S/6SPlus specs, I knew I had to get it. lol

It's been a bit of an adjustment, as the 6S Plus screen is so amazing, but overall I'm very pleased and no regrets. One handed use is a joy I had forgotten, but now I remember how awesome it was. Putting it my pocket no longer looks silly (I had a couple pair of jeans with wear lines from the Plus, it was so big. Made me realize the Plus is really a small tablet. The SE is really what my impression of a phone needs to be - small. I may pick up an iPad Mini to fill the gap though.

richard_rsp

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I changed from the 6+ to the SE and while it took a minute to adjust to the smaller screen, I have ZERO regrets! Oh my, it is so nice to be back to a smaller phone. It's funny because just before I read this post, I picked up my 6+ and was shocked at how humongous is was...

A) pocket-ability. While I never had much problem with the 6+ (I don't wear tight pants), I always knew the phone was there. It was relatively heavy. Now with the SE - Absolutely comfortable and lightweight. Love it.

B) Hold/reach-ability. Didn't realize how nice this was until I went back to 4" screen. I never really dropped my 6+, but it would put pressure on my pinky finger as i balanced it. I just hold the SE and click on whatever i want. No weird balancing it or anything.

C) Its so nice to have the 6S level camera and "Hey Siri". It works very well. Im happy with the camera - actually both cameras. While the front facing camera may "only" be 1.2MP, for my selfies, it works fine and looks decent.

Overall - love it! I was hesitant before I got it, but I am so glad I decided to switch.

anon(5928073)

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I changed from the 6+ to the SE and while it took a minute to adjust to the smaller screen, I have ZERO regrets! Oh my, it is so nice to be back to a smaller phone. It's funny because just before I read this post, I picked up my 6+ and was shocked at how humongous is was...

A) pocket-ability. While I never had much problem with the 6+ (I don't wear tight pants), I always knew the phone was there. It was relatively heavy. Now with the SE - Absolutely comfortable and lightweight. Love it.

B) Hold/reach-ability. Didn't realize how nice this was until I went back to 4" screen. I never really dropped my 6+, but it would put pressure on my pinky finger as i balanced it. I just hold the SE and click on whatever i want. No weird balancing it or anything.

C) Its so nice to have the 6S level camera and "Hey Siri". It works very well. Im happy with the camera - actually both cameras. While the front facing camera may "only" be 1.2MP, for my selfies, it works fine and looks decent.

Overall - love it! I was hesitant before I got it, but I am so glad I decided to switch.

Wow. Quality post. This is what I'm happy to hear! So glad it's worked out for you.

How quickly did your eyes adjust to the 4 inch screen? Do you think the performance is a bit more refined? How does the real camera compare? And what color did you get?

So many questions! Haha

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711