6+ to SE thread!

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
That's what I do. Because I have an iPad, the SE fits my needs perfectly.

If I could only have 1 device, it would be a iPhone 6s+. Since I'm on my iPad mini at home or on the road, the SE is just right.

My wife has a 6s+ and has given her iPad to the kids. The 6s+ is all she uses.

richard_rsp

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
How quickly did your eyes adjust to the 4 inch screen? Do you think the performance is a bit more refined? How does the real camera compare? And what color did you get?

Thanks!

It was a bit weird at first going to the smaller screen, but I was expecting it to be a challenge. The funny thing is that less than 24 hours, I found myself not missing the bigger screen at all. I have had it for 5 days now and I now see it as the normal size - the 6+ is just huge!

However, I don't play many games on my phone (just mainly Super Hexagon or Stupendo) so the smaller screen may affect a more serious mobile gamer more.

More Refined? Not sure. Its faster definitely. I have not been "wanting" for performance at all.

Camera is great so far. Haven't really taken many pics yet, but I cant really tell too much difference between the 6+ and SE honestly, except for ability to zoom in digitally more. Which is fine by me.

anon(5928073)

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks!

It was a bit weird at first going to the smaller screen, but I was expecting it to be a challenge. The funny thing is that less than 24 hours, I found myself not missing the bigger screen at all. I have had it for 5 days now and I now see it as the normal size - the 6+ is just huge!

However, I don't play many games on my phone (just mainly Super Hexagon or Stupendo) so the smaller screen may affect a more serious mobile gamer more.

I see I see! Well that's good news for me! Any comment on the color you got? Haha

Last edited:

Vyenkatesh

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I changed from the 6+ to the SE and while it took a minute to adjust to the smaller screen, I have ZERO regrets! Oh my, it is so nice to be back to a smaller phone. It's funny because just before I read this post, I picked up my 6+ and was shocked at how humongous is was...

A) pocket-ability. While I never had much problem with the 6+ (I don't wear tight pants), I always knew the phone was there. It was relatively heavy. Now with the SE - Absolutely comfortable and lightweight. Love it.

B) Hold/reach-ability. Didn't realize how nice this was until I went back to 4" screen. I never really dropped my 6+, but it would put pressure on my pinky finger as i balanced it. I just hold the SE and click on whatever i want. No weird balancing it or anything.

C) Its so nice to have the 6S level camera and "Hey Siri". It works very well. Im happy with the camera - actually both cameras. While the front facing camera may "only" be 1.2MP, for my selfies, it works fine and looks decent.

Overall - love it! I was hesitant before I got it, but I am so glad I decided to switch.

Thanks for such a nice and clearly written post. This will surely help me to decide SE or 6s.

richard_rsp

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I see I see! Well that's good news for me! Any comment on the color you got? Haha
Lol oh yeah forgot. Mine SE is Grey, my wife's is Rose Gold. Both are 64gb versions. She has hers in a clear minimal case, mine is in the black leather Apple case, which looks great to me.

anon(5928073)

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Lol oh yeah forgot. Mine SE is Grey, my wife's is Rose Gold. Both are 64gb versions. She has hers in a clear minimal case, mine is in the black leather Apple case, which looks great to me.

Nice. Love those leather cases. How do you like the rose gold look? I snatched the first SE off of Swappa I saw and it happened to be rose gold, so this will be my first go around with that color!

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
C) Its so nice to have the 6S level camera and "Hey Siri". It works very well. Im happy with the camera - actually both cameras. While the front facing camera may "only" be 1.2MP, for my selfies, it works fine and looks decent.
Like everyone else said before me, awesome post!

I commented to agree about the selfie camera. It seems like everyone is making it out to be bad, but it's also fine for me too. That flash at the front is useful and if not, there are apps for that. lol

richard_rsp

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
How do you like the rose gold look? I snatched the first SE off of Swappa I saw and it happened to be rose gold, so this will be my first go around with that color!
The Rose Gold is nice! Even though some people see it as "pink", it would be my first choice for a white-faced iPhone. My wife wanted to be sure and get a clear case because it is a very pretty color.

tnt4

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
If you're moving from a 6+, as long as you like the smaller size, it should be an improvement all the way around... faster processor, better camera, etc. If you're moving from the 6S+, then it will be all about the form factor trumping things like 3D Touch, a nicer FFC, and having a barometer.

I went from a 6S to the SE because it was too practical of a choice to avoid. I don't care about the front facing camera, I don't care about a barometer, and 3D Touch is nice, but not habitual for me. I love the form factor and slightly improved battery life on the SE. The screen isn't as nice, but that's something you won't even notice unless you sit there and look at both phones constantly. Once you're off of one screen for a few days, your eyes will forget what the former screen looks like.

If you're on a 6+ and want the smaller form factor, IMHO the SE is a no-brainer unless you want to see what 4.7" form the 7 brings. If you're on a 6S+ it's a little bit more of a decision, and it should be one made under the assumption that you REALLY want the 4" form factor. If you're not sure on that, the move from a 6S or 6S+ probably isn't worth the hassle.

kyleijazz

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I am about to go from a 6+ to an SE. Not worried about it at all. I have decently large hands but I loved the design and build quality of the 5s.

If you've come from a 6+, what do you think? Do you miss anything? Also, how is the camera quality of the SE compared to the 6+?

I've been on the SE 64 GB for a week now and haven't looked back after leaving the 128 GB 6s Plus. I caught myself attempting to use 3D Touch for the first day or two but that quickly faded. I haven't noticed much of a difference with the camera. You just have to be conscience that with no OIS on the SE. The form factor of the SE is perfect and the battery life has been great. Battery was the reason I switched to the 6 Plus and 6s Plus. Somehow Apple managed greater battery life in the 5 design and it won me back.

anon(5928073)

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I've been on the SE 64 GB for a week now and haven't looked back after leaving the 128 GB 6s Plus. I caught myself attempting to use 3D Touch for the first day or two but that quickly faded. I haven't noticed much of a difference with the camera. You just have to be conscience that with no OIS on the SE. The form factor of the SE is perfect and the battery life has been great. Battery was the reason I switched to the 6 Plus and 6s Plus. Somehow Apple managed greater battery life in the 5 design and it won me back.

You've had better battery life on the SE then the 6s Plus?

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I've had way better battery life than my iPhone 6 and the Note 5 isn't even close lol.

The SE has definitely won me back to Apple and I'll be here for a while!

Last edited:

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Made the switch from the 6S+, didn't mind the lack of force touch as I hardly used it; just to get accustomed to the keyboard and see how battery life goes

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Made same move, from 6plus to SE. SE is downright adorable,e next to the Plus- makes the plus look giant and awkward. Will see how eyes and thumbs do on a few train commutes... Have a feeling phablet days may be over.

anon(5928073)

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Have to update this thread even though it was about a week ago now.

I just couldn't switch the the SE. Too small for me. Part of me wants the 6s, but I know I'm going to hate the battery life so I'm sticking with the first generation plus. Love this damn screen and the OIS. I guess my fingers and eyes are totally biased towards large screens and I'm ok with that lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711