T-Mobile SE MLMA2LL/A works on Verizon.

got556

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Through a series of mishaps, I ordered a sim free SE through a company and received a T-Mobile SE (model #MLMA2LL/A). Popped in my VZW UDP sim card and during setup, it told me to call T-Mobile (btw this SE came with a T-Mobile sim, so I had my suspicions from the get go). During setup and once on this "call T-mobile to setup" screen, I noticed I could skip it.

I did, and my phone works perfectly fine on VZW. I just figured I would post this as some people were wondering if you had to have an account through T-Mobile for a certain amount of time before the phone would be unlocked. Maybe I'm just lucky or what not, and I will be addressing this with the company I ordered from, but I'm keeping the phone as I don't foresee any issues of continued use, the way I plan to use it.

Hope this helps anyone that had a question about carrier compatibility between T-Mobile and VZW.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I did the same thing... but with AT&T. Apple Store was out of SIM free models, but they had a T-Mobile model they could sell me as device only (no plan). Took out the T-mobile SIM and had the same message you had and ignored it. Works like a charm.

c1c1ac3071365c4f92261144b9be4ec9.jpg

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Through a series of mishaps, I ordered a sim free SE through a company and received a T-Mobile SE (model #MLMA2LL/A). Popped in my VZW UDP sim card and during setup, it told me to call T-Mobile (btw this SE came with a T-Mobile sim, so I had my suspicions from the get go). During setup and once on this "call T-mobile to setup" screen, I noticed I could skip it.

I did, and my phone works perfectly fine on VZW. I just figured I would post this as some people were wondering if you had to have an account through T-Mobile for a certain amount of time before the phone would be unlocked. Maybe I'm just lucky or what not, and I will be addressing this with the company I ordered from, but I'm keeping the phone as I don't foresee any issues of continued use, the way I plan to use it.

Hope this helps anyone that had a question about carrier compatibility between T-Mobile and VZW.

It has nothing to do with carrier compatibility. The iPhone SE is capable of operating on both networks.

got556

May 4, 2013
Visit site
It has nothing to do with carrier compatibility. The iPhone SE is capable of operating on both networks.

I don't think I wrote that right. What I was trying to say was that there was worry that if you bought a T-Mobile SE, would it be tied to T-Mobiles network for 45 days and you would have to have an account with them to unlock after 45 days. That's what I was getting at...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2