Most popular color?

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I've been stumped on what color I want with the iPhone SE. At first I thought I may go with silver because it's the classic iPhone look (and I never owned iPhone or any Apple product before), but now I think I'd like either gold or space grey. What are the colors people usually choose? Either I'd go with a popular choice or choose the opposite of everyone's choice. :rolleyes: lol Just not the pink. Anything but pink.
the "classic" iPhone look is Space Gray, not silver...
BTW it's up to you and your taste . The best advice is to go to an Apple Store, see all of them and then make your choice.

Gold, while not a fan of the white outside, it looks better than the silver. Also got sick of how everything seems to be black.

The silver model actually is white on the front....
The only one with a black front is the Space Grey.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I went with Space Gray this go round. I actually had the Gold 5s with the white front, while I liked it a lot, I like the black face so much better. It's really up to you, but remember you're the one who has to carry it around. As suggested, go to an Apple Store and test them out. You might purchase all colors. LOL.....ENJOY

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
When I was in line at the Apple Store, 9 out of the 10 people waiting for SE's wanted 64GB space gray (myself included).

So around here, SG is definitely the most popular.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
64GB is definitely the size that people are choosing.

To me, that makes a lot of sense. Seems like the people who would have went for the 32gb, are doing 64gb. Yep, space gray is still sold out at every apple store in my radius. Crazy. The results I am seeing is for the SIM free 16gb one though.

Edit: I checked all of the colors (and also the 64gb model) and it's the same deal...so whoever says that people aren't buying these is so mistaken. Glad I got mine when I did.

Last edited:

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
To me, that makes a lot of sense. Seems like the people who would have went for the 32gb, are doing 64gb. Yep, space gray is still sold out at every apple store in my radius. Crazy. The results I am seeing is for the SIM free 16gb one though.

Edit: I checked all of the colors (and also the 64gb model) and it's the same deal...so whoever says that people aren't buying these is so mistaken. Glad I got mine when I did.
Forget about click baits analysis from known websites... Apple will probably tell us how well the SE is selling, if it is a success....

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Was gone all of yesterday, and one of the things I did was go to the Apple store which was relatively close by. And I've decided to go with gold when my paycheck comes around. It's much more subtle than I thought and not gaudy at all. So it's a big win for me. Plus every friend or co-worker I know with iPhones, including even my own family, have gone for Space Grey. I've seen it too much.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Do you have any data supporting this ?
Because being a "cheap" iPhone, I'm under the impression a lot of customers will buy the 16 Gb version

Let's not forget the corporate and small businesses. I have a few contractor friends that ordered the 16GB SE's for their crews. They want minimal storage so the phones are used as phones.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Let's not forget the corporate and small businesses. I have a few contractor friends that ordered the 16GB SE's for their crews. They want minimal storage so the phones are used as phones.
Absolutely correct. I personally know a corporation that gives executives a new iPhone every two years, always the 16 Gb model so far (they are supposed to use Safari, Mail and Calendar, mostly).

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Good point, I know of a few business type folks who are looking at the Se due to the great camera but small size (and nice price). The 16GB model is definitely on their short list.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Checked the availability toggle for fun and the only one available in my radius is the rose gold at a couple of stores. So space gray must be the most popular before silver, both which are still out of stock.

srfoto

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
Earlier I owned a golden 5s so now I wanted to feel that I have something "new" in my hands so I chose the rose gold. It looks good!

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Checked the availability toggle for fun and the only one available in my radius is the rose gold at a couple of stores. So space gray must be the most popular before silver, both which are still out of stock.

we don't know exactly how Apple had production dividend among the 4 colors available.... so it's not easy to make assumptions about availability .