Loose buttons?

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
This. I didn't even notice a button rattle until I started shaking my phone to see if it's there.
Same here, my normal use patterns is such that its not noticable. I'm waiting for my case to be delivered and that will further diminish the issue - I'm going naked with it right now (and my phone doesn't have a case :laughing:)

Last edited:

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
This. I didn't even notice a button rattle until I started shaking my phone to see if it's there. The side buttons are not loose at all for me though. I'm indifferent, it doesn't feel like the button is about to fall off or anything of that nature.

You nailed the point !
people reading those absurd threads started to shake their iPhones just to search for issues :cant-watch:

Believe me, there's people shaking a $1500 MacBook Pro looking for "rattles".... :rolleyes:

livaman

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I have noticed strange sound coming from my iPhone SE after few days of use. Yes, it's power button in my case. As a temporal solution I put blue insulating tape on top side of the phone to prevent button from shaking and put phone into Apple Leather case. It's still rattling but not as bad as before. The most annoying sounds are coming when the phone vibrating in silent mode and every time I put it on my desk. If you move your phone while recording the video you get nasty clicks recorded as well.

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
I put blue insulating tape on top side of the phone to prevent button from shaking
If its bothering you so much that you put tape on the phone, I'd recommend that you return the phone, clearly the rattle is bothering you enough that it will not a good situation for you as you continue to use it.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
My top button is a bit loose, as is the lock switch. But not enough to bother me. And I'm not in the habit of shaking my phone.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I have noticed strange sound coming from my iPhone SE after few days of use. Yes, it's power button in my case. As a temporal solution I put blue insulating tape on top side of the phone to prevent button from shaking and put phone into Apple Leather case. It's still rattling but not as bad as before. The most annoying sounds are coming when the phone vibrating in silent mode and every time I put it on my desk. If you move your phone while recording the video you get nasty clicks recorded as well.
Wow, tape on the power button!?
If that is a problem for you, you should take back your phone to the Apple Store to have it checked and compare it to other units.

AdamHunterATC

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I swear I'm not looking for problems...

But now it seems the power button on my SE has gotten kind of squishy. Like it's more depressed and harder to push.

I'm really concerned about the QC of this phone.

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
But now it seems the power button on my SE has gotten kind of squishy. Like it's more depressed and harder to push.
Take it back if you think its not working as you expect it should.

At this point,I have a case on my phone and the power button is covered, no rattle (and no squishiness).

anon(5928073)

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
This thread is very entertaining.

Agreed lol.

Just to reiterate what's been said. Forums are very small representations of a large population, which means take what you see with an extremely large grain of salt. The QC problems you see are in the 1% of people buying the phone who wanted to go to a forum to scare some people. Don't worry about exchanging your phone, Apple will take care of you and make sure you have a good experience!

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
My lock/power button is loose as well. There is a little rattle when I shake it, but not enough to bother me.

I'm a very picky dude by nature but surprisingly, this doesn't bother me one bit.

AdamHunterATC

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I exchanged it. The buttons on this one, while still a little loose, are much sturdier than the previous one and have more of a "click". Basically, they feel more like normal iPhone buttons.

To be clear, I had already accepted the loose button thing. I looked at a 6s and the buttons on it have some wiggle too. But the power button and home button on the previous phone felt "squishy" and didn't give that sturdy "click" when you pushed them.

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Just to reiterate what's been said. Forums are very small representations of a large population
They are also probably more technically aware of the small details of the technology and are less likely to put up with what they perceive as a short coming. I think we who are on internet forums tend to over examine, and be a bit more picky on what we want for a product.

anon(5928073)

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
They are also probably more technically aware of the small details of the technology and are less likely to put up with what they perceive as a short coming. I think we who are on internet forums tend to over examine, and be a bit more picky on what we want for a product.

That is 100% true. I've met a lot of people in forums who train themselves to nitpick devices, while the average person says "everything works, so we're good".

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Agreed lol.

Just to reiterate what's been said. Forums are very small representations of a large population, which means take what you see with an extremely large grain of salt. The QC problems you see are in the 1% of people buying the phone who wanted to go to a forum to scare some people. Don't worry about exchanging your phone, Apple will take care of you and make sure you have a good experience!
This forum TBH is quite different: very few people going drama queen about QC issue here.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I exchanged it. The buttons on this one, while still a little loose, are much sturdier than the previous one and have more of a "click". Basically, they feel more like normal iPhone buttons.

To be clear, I had already accepted the loose button thing. I looked at a 6s and the buttons on it have some wiggle too. But the power button and home button on the previous phone felt "squishy" and didn't give that sturdy "click" when you pushed them.
if you are happy, we are happy ;)

anon(5928073)

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
This forum TBH is quite different: very few people going drama queen about QC issue here.

True, BUT you will hear about it more on forums because the people who would like to say something about it will congregate here.

Not saying it's bad, it just scares some people when it shouldn't. Apple does a very good job with build quality in my book.

ruger141

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Just noticed my volume buttons are loose yesterday, had the phone about 2 months now. If I just lightly brush them they click around as if they are not soIid. Kind of a bummer

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner