I have noticed strange sound coming from my iPhone SE after few days of use. Yes, it's power button in my case. As a temporal solution I put blue insulating tape on top side of the phone to prevent button from shaking and put phone into Apple Leather case. It's still rattling but not as bad as before. The most annoying sounds are coming when the phone vibrating in silent mode and every time I put it on my desk. If you move your phone while recording the video you get nasty clicks recorded as well.
    Wow, tape on the power button!?
    If that is a problem for you, you should take back your phone to the Apple Store to have it checked and compare it to other units.
    04-06-2016 11:46 AM
    I swear I'm not looking for problems...

But now it seems the power button on my SE has gotten kind of squishy. Like it's more depressed and harder to push.

I'm really concerned about the QC of this phone.
    04-09-2016 02:08 AM
    But now it seems the power button on my SE has gotten kind of squishy. Like it's more depressed and harder to push.
    Take it back if you think its not working as you expect it should.

At this point,I have a case on my phone and the power button is covered, no rattle (and no squishiness).
    libra89 likes this.
    04-09-2016 07:23 AM
    This thread is very entertaining. 😀
    behi09 and JanuarJaguar like this.
    04-09-2016 08:25 AM
    I swear I'm not looking for problems...

I'm really concerned about the QC of this phone.
    Take it back if it doesn't satisfy you
    04-09-2016 09:03 AM
    This thread is very entertaining.
    Agreed lol.

Just to reiterate what's been said. Forums are very small representations of a large population, which means take what you see with an extremely large grain of salt. The QC problems you see are in the 1% of people buying the phone who wanted to go to a forum to scare some people. Don't worry about exchanging your phone, Apple will take care of you and make sure you have a good experience!
    libra89 and behi09 like this.
    04-09-2016 10:06 AM
    My lock/power button is loose as well. There is a little rattle when I shake it, but not enough to bother me.

I'm a very picky dude by nature but surprisingly, this doesn't bother me one bit.
    04-09-2016 11:31 AM
    My SE is now in an Apple leather case. Nothing loose anymore
    libra89 likes this.
    04-10-2016 12:48 AM
    I exchanged it. The buttons on this one, while still a little loose, are much sturdier than the previous one and have more of a "click". Basically, they feel more like normal iPhone buttons.

To be clear, I had already accepted the loose button thing. I looked at a 6s and the buttons on it have some wiggle too. But the power button and home button on the previous phone felt "squishy" and didn't give that sturdy "click" when you pushed them.
    04-10-2016 06:54 AM
    Just to reiterate what's been said. Forums are very small representations of a large population
    They are also probably more technically aware of the small details of the technology and are less likely to put up with what they perceive as a short coming. I think we who are on internet forums tend to over examine, and be a bit more picky on what we want for a product.
    04-10-2016 07:03 AM
    They are also probably more technically aware of the small details of the technology and are less likely to put up with what they perceive as a short coming. I think we who are on internet forums tend to over examine, and be a bit more picky on what we want for a product.
    That is 100% true. I've met a lot of people in forums who train themselves to nitpick devices, while the average person says "everything works, so we're good".
    04-10-2016 08:38 AM
    Agreed lol.

Just to reiterate what's been said. Forums are very small representations of a large population, which means take what you see with an extremely large grain of salt. The QC problems you see are in the 1% of people buying the phone who wanted to go to a forum to scare some people. Don't worry about exchanging your phone, Apple will take care of you and make sure you have a good experience!
    This forum TBH is quite different: very few people going drama queen about QC issue here.
    04-10-2016 08:42 AM
    I exchanged it. The buttons on this one, while still a little loose, are much sturdier than the previous one and have more of a "click". Basically, they feel more like normal iPhone buttons.

To be clear, I had already accepted the loose button thing. I looked at a 6s and the buttons on it have some wiggle too. But the power button and home button on the previous phone felt "squishy" and didn't give that sturdy "click" when you pushed them.
    if you are happy, we are happy
    04-10-2016 08:43 AM
    This forum TBH is quite different: very few people going drama queen about QC issue here.
    True, BUT you will hear about it more on forums because the people who would like to say something about it will congregate here.

Not saying it's bad, it just scares some people when it shouldn't. Apple does a very good job with build quality in my book.
    04-10-2016 08:46 AM
    Just noticed my volume buttons are loose yesterday, had the phone about 2 months now. If I just lightly brush them they click around as if they are not soIid. Kind of a bummer
    05-12-2016 04:04 AM
    Just noticed my volume buttons are loose yesterday, had the phone about 2 months now. If I just lightly brush them they click around as if they are not soIid. Kind of a bummer
    What device do you have? My 6s Plus isn't having a problem.
    05-12-2016 06:38 AM
    The SE, 64Gb in Silver. I believe others having the issue were also seeing it on the SE only.
    05-19-2016 11:55 AM
    The SE, 64Gb in Silver. I believe others having the issue were also seeing it on the SE only.
    Gotcha. It could just be a design issue. It's similar to the rear camera on 6/6s Plus making a quiet rattling sound if the phone is shaken back and forth. There's nothing wrong with the camera at all, it just rattles a bit.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-19-2016 11:59 AM
43 12