You got a point, but practically speaking. Lets say you are sitting in Starbucks and enjoying delicious coffee and snacks. That time you will prefer to browse, some website and enjoy YouTube. That time you usually avoid sending text, unless its an emergency.

But yes, everyone has his own taste
    Both are valid situations. Sitting at Starbucks or outside. Alone or with company (please, ignore me being this stubborn, but when spending time with friends, family, or at events: I put the phone where it doesn't interrupt the time being together with people, folks etc.). It's always kept on silent mode with vibrating alerts enabled. In my pocket, feeling the different types of vibrations, I'm able to decide if it's even worth taking a look at it, or the conversation can go on without interruption.

I rarely go out to pubs, clubs and the likes. And there, my priority isn't browsing the web, at all, instead having a good time with friends.

You see, your last post clearly shows YOUR priorities, not mine. I leave all this browsing, youtubing and time wasting stuff for at night.

Thank you for your input, but please, accept that other folks, other usage patterns. Because I'm not having the slightest objection against YOUR habits (this is clearly speaking about using cellphones). I respect that you like to type fast with both hands.

So, this is just nitpicking, cause we're getting too spoiled with all this super futuristic "can't live without" applications, innovations.... give me a break.

And don't look down on me for this, but always liked and still prefer to write letters or some notes, with the good old pencil, pen. Technology evolves, but that's just too much, for ME, no one forces me to get used to, if not interested in some gimmicks. I'll pass, and life goes on. Wich direction I'm choosing? The most enjoyable, for ME, not for the sake of "getting the latest life changing innovations".
    04-05-2016 09:03 AM
    Thank you, you said my exact answer. However, I come originally from Windows Phone where you have the "Wordflow" option, so I installed SwiftKey keyboard to get that back. I use that a lot and sometimes I actually don't use the "Swipe" at all. I don't feel like I have any struggles though. I tweet, use plurk, pretty much anything that requires typing, I do one handed without any issues.

If the direct skip doesn't work, go to 1:17 to see it in action. It is awesome!

I'm still using a Lumia 1520 as a work phone, and I have to say that their wordflow keyboard option is better than any third party keyboard I tried on my iPhone.
    I'd really like Apple to develop a swype type keyboard in the next future, because it's just the best option for one hand operations.
    libra89 and Lefty724 like this.
    04-05-2016 10:38 AM
    I agree that the Plus iPhone size is too large for me (I tried to "go big" with a 6s+ from a 6 for about a month but eventually exchanged it for a 6s) but the 4-inch screen is just too small as well -- so the 6s 4.7-inch size is perfect for me
    Lefty724 likes this.
    04-05-2016 02:23 PM
    I'm still using a Lumia 1520 as a work phone, and I have to say that their wordflow keyboard option is better than any third party keyboard I tried on my iPhone.
    I'd really like Apple to develop a swype type keyboard in the next future, because it's just the best option for one hand operations.
    Agreed. Swype was a major reason for me to keep going back to Android. I absolutely love Swype.

I have the 3rd party version on my iPhone SE but it doesn't feel the same.
    04-06-2016 01:02 AM
    Guys can someone suggest me a 3rd party keyboard that has numbers on the top? When I look at my wife's Note 5 and dad's S6 Edge+, It has the numbers on the top, thus we don't have to switch in order to enter numbers, which saves a lot of time
    04-06-2016 02:16 AM
    Both are valid situations. Sitting at Starbucks or outside. Alone or with company (please, ignore me being this stubborn, but when spending time with friends, family, or at events: I put the phone where it doesn't interrupt the time being together with people, folks etc.). It's always kept on silent mode with vibrating alerts enabled. In my pocket, feeling the different types of vibrations, I'm able to decide if it's even worth taking a look at it, or the conversation can go on without interruption.

I rarely go out to pubs, clubs and the likes. And there, my priority isn't browsing the web, at all, instead having a good time with friends.

You see, your last post clearly shows YOUR priorities, not mine. I leave all this browsing, youtubing and time wasting stuff for at night.

Thank you for your input, but please, accept that other folks, other usage patterns. Because I'm not having the slightest objection against YOUR habits (this is clearly speaking about using cellphones). I respect that you like to type fast with both hands.

So, this is just nitpicking, cause we're getting too spoiled with all this super futuristic "can't live without" applications, innovations.... give me a break.

And don't look down on me for this, but always liked and still prefer to write letters or some notes, with the good old pencil, pen. Technology evolves, but that's just too much, for ME, no one forces me to get used to, if not interested in some gimmicks. I'll pass, and life goes on. Wich direction I'm choosing? The most enjoyable, for ME, not for the sake of "getting the latest life changing innovations".
    Dude, coming to your point, I just realized that if you have a swype keyboard, single handed typing is a sort of fun. I am still using the stock keyboard so, looks like I have to move into 3rd party swype keyboards, whether I use single handed typing or both the hands.

What do you suggest?
    JanuarJaguar and libra89 like this.
    04-06-2016 02:19 AM
    Maybe you are right (regards swype keyboard).
    To be honest, I'm not an app collector, so haven't had the chance to try it out, therefore I can't recommend a specific one.
    My advice would be, to download some of them, and choose (purchase) which is the most comfortable to your usage patterns. Also, be aware that there will be a learning curve (maybe can take up to a few days, to even get the hang of it).
    Same as you, I'm using stock keyboard, without auto-correction (even though I'm not an english person), suggestions turned on.
    My only gripe is that I can not accommodate to writing with touch sensitive keyboards, but that's because I'm old fashioned.

And here, let me take the chance to ask from the forum members:

- Do any of you, kind users know a reliable third party keyboard (no delay when typing, no application crashes), which can give the user Vibrating Feedback? Appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks and have a good day.
    04-06-2016 06:01 AM
    Guys can someone suggest me a 3rd party keyboard that has numbers on the top? When I look at my wife's Note 5 and dad's S6 Edge+, It has the numbers on the top, thus we don't have to switch in order to enter numbers, which saves a lot of time
    A lot of time? Hmm. My testing shows it takes less than second to switch. Tapping the 123 key for numbers never bothered me. The keyboard is big enough as it is, and I certainly don't want smaller keys.
    04-06-2016 07:18 AM
    A lot of time? Hmm. My testing shows it takes less than second to switch. Tapping the 123 key for numbers never bothered me. The keyboard is big enough as it is, and I certainly don't want smaller keys.
    Yes it never bothers me either. But I have seen that i use alpha-numeric numerous times (most of the times while using email addresses) and what I found is, in my wife's Note 5 using numbers along with alphabets is much easier and faster compared to tapping.
    04-06-2016 07:23 AM
    And here, let me take the chance to ask from the forum members:

- Do any of you, kind users know a reliable third party keyboard (no delay when typing, no application crashes), which can give the user Vibrating Feedback? Appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks and have a good day.
    SwiftKey seems to be doing all of that very well for me. I have never had any kind of delays with it either.
    JanuarJaguar likes this.
    04-06-2016 08:50 AM
    Agreed. Swype was a major reason for me to keep going back to Android. I absolutely love Swype.

I have the 3rd party version on my iPhone SE but it doesn't feel the same.
    The swipe keyboard on the iPhone work fine for me and I prefer SwiftKey on both android and iOS. The only problem I have with the keyboard is that the voice to text button is not on any third-party keyboard. It is only on the Starkey board so with pretty cumbersome to switch back-and-forth. Yes I know I know it takes a fraction of a second to push and hold down the button that changes the keyboard, but I preferred to have one keyboard that I use all the time that I don't need to keep switching back-and-forth for. I wish there was a way to just have voice to text on any keyboard and then not need to switch.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-06-2016 08:51 AM
    SwiftKey seems to be doing all of that very well for me. I have never had any kind of delays with it either.
    Thanks for the tip.
    It can give haptic feedback (vibrating when keys are pressed)?
    04-06-2016 09:09 AM
    It can give haptic feedback, and I have to say that SwiftKey is my personal favorite keyboard I've ever used. Even if you have the 6S+ then you can resize it for one handed operation, where it compresses the keyboard to either left or right side. Only downfall was stated before, and it doesn't have the little microphone button to use talk-to-text. SwiftKey flow has much more accurate prediction than other 3rd party keyboards.
    In all honesty I hate finger pecking each letter when texting with one or two hands. I use the 6S+ with SwiftKey one-handed keyboard, and love it!
    Lefty724, libra89 and JanuarJaguar like this.
    04-06-2016 09:39 AM
    Just downloaded SwiftKey and will try it out today and see what I think.

Thanks for the tips!
    libra89 and JanuarJaguar like this.
    04-06-2016 09:59 AM
    You're welcome! Remember to allow it full access so that you can use it the way it is intended. Something that I love about it is how it remembers email addresses. I use about 2 or 3 email addresses on a daily basis, and not having to type the full thing each time like I had to on my other phones is such a time saver.

As said, the Swipe function is wonderful. Just do your regular typing and watch it get used to you.
    JanuarJaguar likes this.
    04-06-2016 10:02 AM
    I was wondering if I had made a mistake, but the more I use my SE, the more I'm happy with the decision to downsize. So nice to use and so pocketable. I'm coming from a 6S Plus (had 6 and 6 Plus before, and 5 before that) - so I do miss the screen real estate. But the trade-off seems worth it so far!
    Lefty724, libra89 and JanuarJaguar like this.
    04-06-2016 12:04 PM
    It can give haptic feedback, and I have to say that SwiftKey is my personal favorite keyboard I've ever used. Even if you have the 6S+ then you can resize it for one handed operation, where it compresses the keyboard to either left or right side. Only downfall was stated before, and it doesn't have the little microphone button to use talk-to-text. SwiftKey flow has much more accurate prediction than other 3rd party keyboards.
    In all honesty I hate finger pecking each letter when texting with one or two hands. I use the 6S+ with SwiftKey one-handed keyboard, and love it!
    Thanks, downloaded it.
    Using iPhone5S (iOS 9.1), and no vibration feedback, only clicking sounds.

Could anyone confirm, if it's working on the models with the 3D Touch engine?

Thank you, regards.
    04-06-2016 04:27 PM
    iPhone 4 > Nexus 4 > Moto G 2015 > iPhone SE.

I won't go back, but I will get the T-Mobile $3.00 per month deal, just to keep the Moto G alive for a backup.

Redundancy is a good thing.
    Can you educate me on this $3/month deal?
    04-06-2016 04:31 PM
    Glad I don't have to deal with the 6 anymore. I'm glad Apple released the SE. Performance and mobility without worrying of dropping my phone.
    libra89 and JanuarJaguar like this.
    04-06-2016 04:36 PM
    Thanks, downloaded it.
    Using iPhone5S (iOS 9.1), and no vibration feedback, only clicking sounds.

Could anyone confirm, if it's working on the models with the 3D Touch engine?

Thank you, regards.
    There is no haptic feedback, only keyboard clicks.
    JanuarJaguar likes this.
    04-06-2016 07:16 PM
    There is no haptic feedback, only keyboard clicks.
    Thank you, noted.
    04-07-2016 04:20 AM
    I was wondering if I had made a mistake, but the more I use my SE, the more I'm happy with the decision to downsize. So nice to use and so pocketable. I'm coming from a 6S Plus (had 6 and 6 Plus before, and 5 before that) - so I do miss the screen real estate. But the trade-off seems worth it so far!
    I love my 6S+, even after owing a 6s+ when I look at my friend's and colleagues 5S. That toy looks very tempting, encouraging me to buy an SE as a secondary device
    JanuarJaguar likes this.
    04-07-2016 07:13 AM
    Well I just had to comment after getting my SE yesterday. I went from a 6+ to the SE. I have to admit I was excited but skeptical at the same time. I got the phone home and set it up so I could let the person take delivery of my old 6+.

The first feeling you get right out of the box is boy it feels good to have a phone that fits the hand again. The performance was excellent. But I will say at first it took a little use to going back to a 4 inch phone. But it took less time to adjust back to the 4 inch phone than it did to adjust to the 5.5 inch phone. The screen is nice so no problems there. I had an element case to put on it and glass protector and after doing that it felt really well in the hands.

After the excitement wore off I had a pause that did I make a mistake. Can I get use to the smaller screen again. Is the keyboard going to be too small. Well there is only one way to find out. So after setting it up and getting the honeymoon over I went about my day. And I have to say the SE was everything I had hoped it would be. I was able to put it in my pocket or place it anywhere I wanted and not have to worry about breaking the thing. Gone was the days of lugging my 6+ around and losing one hand to always having to have a place to put it or carry it. It was easy to put it back in my turtleback holster to carry it around or get in my car and not have this huge case that I had trouble putting my seatbelt on or moving in my seat. I had my life back.

Now I am not condemning the larger phones and I guess I bought mine just like many and it was for the performance of the larger phones. I had lost portability. With the SE I got that back. So after two days now it was like coming home. Making a phone call was a breeze and answering any and all text or email was just like old times. Browsing the web was a piece of cake. And battery life was outstanding. The charging time seems really quick with this model as compared to the old 5s. I think I made a good choice.

But I am curious how everyone else who has gotten one if your SE is everything you remember or if its new to you how your cell phone life with the smaller phone has gone and did you make a mistake?
    This pretty much sums up my experience. I'm still keeping my 6+, however. But I plan to use the SE as my primary iPhone. I got it because I wanted portability. All too often I had to hold my 6+ in my hands as I did things because it was too big for my pockets or was uncomfortable when I sat down. With Summer approaching and resuming a lot of outdoor running and activities, I wanted a pocketable iPhone that had the right specs and now I have it. It's a delight. It feels like old times. And now I have a better camera than my 6+ for taking great nature shots while I'm out and about, which is a bonus too. It's also much easier to take a landscape picture without the risk of dropping the phone. And the round volume buttons are a welcome change back. Love those. Easier and sturdier.

I will admit the screen size is a bit of a readjustment. But I don't think it'll take long to adjust. And having the ability to use the phone with one hand again is huge. And realistically, I use my iPad for most of my true web browsing, so I don't think losing screen real estate is going to be such a big deal.

Overall I'm pleased with the iPhone SE and look forward to it being my daily iPhone!
    libra89, LCW, JanuarJaguar and 1 others like this.
    04-07-2016 07:35 AM
    I like ssfarms post. And, clearly, the likes of Apple have been thinking that they need to appeal to those that would like a smaller, yet latest generation smartphone. Clearly a smart move
    I have a 5s, in my drawer, belongs to an employee that left. And, as much as I like the one handed use, Ive always been a two handed typist, even in my BlackBerry 8700 & 9900 days.

Anyway, I just switched to an iPhone 6s Plus, about two weeks ago, from a Note 5 (still have it). And, Im still liking it. Albeit, from time to time, I do feel the reach to the top of the screen, is a bit much. Ive placed least used apps, at the top. I keep forgetting about the reachability option
    JanuarJaguar likes this.
    04-07-2016 07:50 AM
    I like ssfarm’s post. And, clearly, the likes of Apple have been thinking that they need to appeal to those that would like a smaller, yet latest generation smartphone. Clearly a smart move
    I have a 5s, in my drawer, belongs to an employee that left. And, as much as I like the one handed use, I’ve always been a two handed typist, even in my BlackBerry 8700 & 9900 days.

Anyway, I just switched to an iPhone 6s Plus, about two weeks ago, from a Note 5 (still have it). And, I’m still liking it. Albeit, from time to time, I do feel the ‘reach’ to the top of the screen, is a bit much. I’ve placed least used apps, at the top. I keep forgetting about the reachability option…
    You can always double tap on the home button to re-size it for single handed usage, thus making top of the screen reachable
    anon(153966) likes this.
    04-07-2016 08:40 AM
124 1234 ...