High Sales Numbers ?

mayconvert

May 7, 2013
Visit site
If this phone were to have higher (or much higher) sales than expected by Apple;
Do you think Apple will keep it in the line up, slightly behind the main line (iPhone 6S, 7, 7S etc.) Or;
Do you think they would (eventually) roll it into the main line and go 4" iPhone 8, 4.7" iPhone 8+, and iPhone Pro (5.8" rumored version)

:gold-star: Not sure Apple would call the 4.7" "plus" but they would need some name variant between 4" and 4.7" if the current "plus" size phone moved to a 5.8" iPhone Pro.

(this is speculation here, don't lose your mind here, and i am not saying that Apple will change Anything at all. No one knows what Apple Might do.)

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I think they will keep it in the lineup for sure. I can see them doing what they did with 5s, as just a general option. I doubt that it would be part of the main line, because that would mess up the order. If you think about it though, I'm guessing that is part of the reason why the SE is just that and not 5se.

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
I haven't heard of any sales figures, but yes, I'm hoping it will be something that Apple continues to update. With that said, having the SE, I'm happy with what I have. I'll worry about future 4" phones when the time comes :)

mayconvert

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I was just looking for pure speculation here. I know it is sold out in a lot of places, and some places still have plenty.

I was just curious, if it sold higher than what apple expected, and given the Rumor of the iPhone Pro that is 5.8" , I just wondered if Apple might just Keep making a year-ish behind, cheaper device, or if they would bring in a full blown flagship and do 4" and 4.7"
since the "pro" would be considered a different line. Like they do with the Air line and Pro line on iPads.

this was basically a "What if" post. /cheers

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
In the burbs of Chicago every store within 29 miles of me (10 stores or so) sold out of the 64gb on the first day, within 3 hours. We couldn't find one anywhere, so my fiance' ended up ordering it. He's gotta wait till April 18th, which needs to hurry up and get here... his S4 is on it's last leg. We're not even sure at this point if the poor thing will last till his SE gets here lol.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
In the burbs of Chicago every store within 29 miles of me (10 stores or so) sold out of the 64gb on the first day, within 3 hours. We couldn't find one anywhere, so my fiance' ended up ordering it. He's gotta wait till April 18th, which needs to hurry up and get here... his S4 is on it's last leg. We're not even sure at this point if the poor thing will last till his SE gets here lol.

S4? He uses Samsung? Oh, the shame!

My iP 5 pretty much gave out the day before my 6s Plus arrived. I was worried it would go completely out. A full charge lasted less than an hour. It was wonky. I can still charge it today, but it goes down really fast.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Sales have not been bad for the SE. I believe it fills a nice void for them. The 5s was getting old. I think Apple will keep this in their line up, hopefully updating it regularly.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I don't think Apple is expecting the SE to be a top seller.
I just hope it will sell reasonably well, to push Apple to keep it updated year after year

Bob Garon

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
Yes agreed because big phones have their Market, but small phones definitely do and we deserve Flagship specs just like big phone lovers do.

Posted via iPhone SE on T-Mobile

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Some news sites are throwing terms out like lackluster
iPhone SE Fails to Make A Splash

After one full weekend on sale, the iPhone SE managed to grab only 0.1% of the iPhone market, as measured by device adoption:

I'm a little surprised, as I thought there was more excitement about this phone, but so far, the numbers may be less then positive.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Some news sites are throwing terms out like lackluster
iPhone SE Fails to Make A Splash

I'm a little surprised, as I thought there was more excitement about this phone, but so far, the numbers may be less then positive.
That analysis is pointless, especially the first graph: it's comparing a device sold for a week with devices on the market for years or months.....

The only meaningful graphic is this:

iPhone-SE-vs-previous-models.jpg

Considering that we are speaking about a model compared to very successful flagships, I think it's not too bad.
On those graphs is missing the real benchmark for SE sales: the iPhone 5C

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner