Iphone SE Battery life

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
To those getting REALLY good battery life... did you set up as "new", or backup from another iPhone?

I usually set the phone as NEW any time I buy a new one.
I think it makes the difference in terms of performance and reliability.

You don't have to, theoretically, so it's your call.

It isn't that bad. I set up as new every once in a while. Makes a difference IMO.
I do agree.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Really? That's very interesting that it does. I like the whole having everything in place and set up, and also having text message history. I have only done this two times with 2 phones ever, and the amount of time I spent tinkering to adjust things, is time I can never get back. Haha.

It's a pretty common practice used to maximize performance and battery power, and minimize software glitches. I only set up as new when a major iOS update is released (i.e. iOS 8.0, 9.0, 10.0, etc.) or when I get a new phone.
It's definitely more work but I think it helps. Then again, I was one of those guys that reformatted and installed a fresh copy of Windows rather than simply installing the upgrade.

apple_power_user

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
490feb240aaff138e5386e81382749a5.jpg

855804732b6a30c3185b1c5f6ae5d5c9.jpg

I'll take that every time.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
It's a pretty common practice used to maximize performance and battery power, and minimize software glitches. I only set up as new when a major iOS update is released (i.e. iOS 8.0, 9.0, 10.0, etc.) or when I get a new phone.
It's definitely more work but I think it helps. Then again, I was one of those guys that reformatted and installed a fresh copy of Windows rather than simply installing the upgrade.
I've got rid of Windows entirely to avoid that :rotfl:

sjohnvivian

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
I came from an iPhone 6 Plus. I chose the Plus size phone back in 2014 because I wanted to maximize battery life. There were a lot of pros to the larger iPhone and I still sometimes miss it. But after having the iPhone SE for over a week now I'm really loving the phone. And I haven't been annoyed by battery life at all - which is saying a lot considering my 6 Plus had great battery life. So I think coming from a 6s the battery life will be better. At least that's what I've been reading about in reviews and such.

I am running the iOS beta 9.3.2 and I've found that has improved the battery life even better for the SE.

I really do think the iPhone SE is a win/win for anyone!

Peter2015

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I came from an iPhone 6 Plus. I chose the Plus size phone back in 2014 because I wanted to maximize battery life. There were a lot of pros to the larger iPhone and I still sometimes miss it. But after having the iPhone SE for over a week now I'm really loving the phone. And I haven't been annoyed by battery life at all - which is saying a lot considering my 6 Plus had great battery life. So I think coming from a 6s the battery life will be better. At least that's what I've been reading about in reviews and such.

I am running the iOS beta 9.3.2 and I've found that has improved the battery life even better for the SE.

Great! thank you! that sounds very promising. Mine should be arriving soon!

Bob Garon

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site

Yes the beta is rocksolid. I installed it yesterday and it's a lot snappier and I can tell the battery is much improved. They definitely must have optimized something.

lisayeang

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
iPhone 4s battery capacity:1420mah
iphone 4S :1470mah
iphone5:1440mha
iphone5s:1560mha
iphone SE:1642mAh
iphone 6:2915mAh

I own an iphone 5 ,but it only can be used to play games 3-4 hours continuously.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site

I own an iphone 5 ,but it only can be used to play games 3-4 hours continuously.

if you play games continuously for 3-4 hrs on a phone, you IMHO have worse problems than the need to buy a battery case....

My two cents.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site

Max has a very valid point, but also it's silly to look at battery capacity and think that is equal to how the battery life would be, you are painting a broad brush that doesn't make sense.

For an Android phone (and even that depends on the phone), I would agree to an extent. Not every phone optimizes the battery in the same way. iOS is really good with how they manage the battery. Some Android phones are also good.

I had a 5s (secondhand) and I still got a day and a little bit with normal usage. Now that I have an SE, I basically get two days of charge with normal usage. If I use something like maps, that can go down to a day and a half. Right now, I charged my phone sometime Wednesday night. It's Friday morning here and I am on day 2 after charging at 44%. I'm thinking that I should be fine at work today but we'll see.

By your logic, this can't happen. I had a 5x, and even though it was solid, the battery life left little to be desired. It survived through the day and sometimes just barely. This is a phone with a 2700 mAh battery.

sdc1

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm very impressed by the battery life. I've had 5 hours use today and I'm still on 50%. I took it off charge at 7am or so and its now 10pm.

iMoreAppImg_20160415_220945.jpg

iMoreAppImg_20160415_220952.jpg

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
What do you have your settings at exactly because I want to imitate them to get that kind of usage.

Nothing fancy as far as settings. I just have all iCloud settings off and make sure I close all my apps all the time.

However, I stick to a strict charging schedule. Always have.

I only charge the phone when it's below 15%. I never charge the battery just to give it a charge. I've been doing this with every phone I've ever had and have always had outstanding battery life.

My wife's phone lives on the charger, no matter the percentage and her batteries always die quick.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
You definitely must not be a power user because there's no way I can get that kind of usage.

Yes, not much of a power user but 12-13 hours or SOT is good on any phone imo.

I didn't get the first screen but the most use was from Tapatalk, Pandora and Strava.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73