Iphone SE Battery life

got556

May 4, 2013
Visit site
After two full days of using the device I'm loving the battery life. It's been off charge since 8am, it's now 11pm. Battery is at 9% with 7hrs of screen time. (This also included 2 hours of music, constant WhatsApp all day due to work, 40 mins of Netflix and regular Twitter/Discord checks)

Loving it so far!

Exactly what I was hoping would prove true with the SE. Can't wait to get my Space Gray unlocked 64gb in. Wish they offered 128 but oh well.

blocks992

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
Here are my final stats for yesterday : day 3

I was on the phone a lot.. testing things out, like find my friends, messaging a lot (iMessage & whatsapp) and on safari for a couple of hours. No music playback.

IMG_0472.PNG

JanuarJaguar

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Looks like this is a real winner, regarding battery life.
Just wondering, if it's achieved by staying connected to a stable wifi network or a reliable 4G/LTE network?
My 5S does an excellent job when on wifi (web browsing/reading/a little bit of foruming/using Instagram/few phone calls), and screen on time is ranging between 6 to 7 and half hours of use (not constant usage).
On 4G, screen on time gets reduced.

Enjoy your new devices, everyone.

blocks992

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
Looks like this is a real winner, regarding battery life.
Just wondering, if it's achieved by staying connected to a stable wifi network or a reliable 4G/LTE network?

Enjoy your new devices, everyone.

My stats for day 3 were achieved using a stable wifi connection. But on day 1/2 I achieved a similar usage using a stable 4G/LTE connection for approx 9 hours with the rest using wifi.

From what I can tell, using LTE has little affect on battery compared to wifi.

All in all, this phone wins using both :)

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Going on my third full day with my SE and haven't done any battery tests but I got home from work yesterday with on and off usage and I still had 70% life.

This is compared to my weak battery 5s where I would have depleted and recharged it in the same on and off work period

Peter2015

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Indeed I never liked large phones. I only got 6s because of upgraded internals and camera but always wished it was smaller and not as slippery in hand. Finally Apple heard us and even managed to improve the battery I'd say it looks like a significant improvement. Actually I am very happy they used iPhone 5 design no matter what other people and blogs say and criticize. It's very comfortable to pick up from a flat surface and hold in the hand unlike the slippery 6. Can't wait for my SE. This will be a phone to last for at least two years

fleeper

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Went shopping yesterday with the wife and had removed the phone from charge at about 6:30am; Used phone off and on all day for surfing, email and messaging. Put it back on charge last night at about 11:30pm and was still at about +60%. The battery is solid.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
So far, I am impressed.

I have had 7hr SOT over the span of 3 days (I acknowledge that I'm more of a casual user), and I haven't charged my SE since I got it on Sunday until now.

Mind you that I have read an ebook in this time span, downloaded + installed apps, and did my usual things for the most part. I'll like to see how it is after this time span.

*I do have location services off though, and it's only on for apps that use it when the app is open, so I might not be the best point of reference.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
So far, I am impressed.

I have had 7hr SOT over the span of 3 days (I acknowledge that I'm more of a casual user), and I haven't charged my SE since I got it on Sunday until now.

Mind you that I have read an ebook in this time span, downloaded + installed apps, and did my usual things for the most part. I'll like to see how it is after this time span.

*I do have location services off though, and it's only on for apps that use it when the app is open, so I might not be the best point of reference.
A very " light" use of the phone, yet impressive results nonetheless.

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
So far, I am impressed.

This is the kind of use I go through with my phones most of the time. And I do the same thing with turning certain things off to save battery as it's a nice habit.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I'm on my best battery cycle so far after a full week of use.
53af8004435c4fb9d54118c8eaba3869.jpg

I think this SE is going to be a keeper?

Bob Garon

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
How much of a drain on the battery is having location services on? If I turn it off then my weather app and other app functions are not going to be able to access it whenever they need to. Or do they automatically turn on when they need to use it and then turn it off again when they're finished?

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
How much of a drain on the battery is having location services on? If I turn it off then my weather app and other app functions are not going to be able to access it whenever they need to. Or do they automatically turn on when they need to use it and then turn it off again when they're finished?

You can set it to be on when you have the app open for some apps. There's the options always and never too. I'm not sure really, I turned it off just because I was tired of the icon lol. (I know that I am an oddball) In my own case, I have weather, cortana and some other apps set to using location when the app is open or when using the app.

The thing I really like is the option to toggle as you wish. You can set it to off and select always for things like weather apps and whatever else.

@Lefty : Nicee. I would have to agree so far here too.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I always leave location on as I don't think it matters much for battery life. To me anyway....

I'm constantly using location services for maps, Strata and weather. It's more of a pain to keep toggling than just leaving it on.

I'm very impressed with the battery life on the SE so far.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I did a few things yesterday to help improve battery life. Of course, new device syndrome of playing with it every 5 minutes doesn't help!!

But, I switched location for Carrot weather from 'Always' to 'While Using App'. Also disabled the geo-fencing (auto-away) feature for my Nest app. All my other location services were already set to either 'While Using App' or 'Never'.

I also ran the battery down to nothing (ie. just let the phone die before charging it) last night to give it a full charge cycle.

Oh, and I noticed that 2 of the 3 wifi connections at my work don't support wi-fi calling, so "forgot" those 2 networks. That way, phone isn't hunting for signal in weak areas of the building (it switches to wifi calling).

Those things so far seem excellent. After 3 hours off the charger, I'm still at 98%. :yes:

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I did a few things yesterday to help improve battery life. Of course, new device syndrome of playing with it every 5 minutes doesn't help!!

But, I switched location for Carrot weather from 'Always' to 'While Using App'. Also disabled the geo-fencing (auto-away) feature for my Nest app. All my other location services were already set to either 'While Using App' or 'Never'.

I also ran the battery down to nothing (ie. just let the phone die before charging it) last night to give it a full charge cycle.

Oh, and I noticed that 2 of the 3 wifi connections at my work don't support wi-fi calling, so "forgot" those 2 networks. That way, phone isn't hunting for signal in weak areas of the building (it switches to wifi calling).

Those things so far seem excellent. After 3 hours off the charger, I'm still at 98%. :yes:

Like a champ! I'm hoping that I'll get battery life for 2 days but we'll see. I'll be really excited if I get that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711