Iphone SE Battery life

4l3

May 26, 2016
Visit site
try turning on low power mode right after you plug it off the charger when it is @100% and see the magic, everything works fine, I get my emails through the Gmail app just fine, yet, my battery lasts 3 days easily

Also, turn off location and background data refresh for all the apps that you don't really need to have background refresh. I only keep whatsapp with background data refresh and the Gmail app
I switched off some stuff in the localization settings, then activated low power mode from this morning and these are my results, thank you!
unplugged: 7.15am
right now it's 12.27am and i have 5% left, i am so happy! i am coming from an iphone 4s which i used to charge at least three times a day, so i couldn't be happier :)

Attachments

• img1.jpg
    img1.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 54
  • img2.jpg
    img2.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 53
  • img3.jpg
    img3.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 53

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I switched off some stuff in the localization settings, then activated low power mode from this morning and these are my results, thank you!
unplugged: 7.15am
right now it's 12.27am and i have 5% left, i am so happy! i am coming from an iphone 4s which i used to charge at least three times a day, so i couldn't be happier :)

Awesome! glad it worked!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
If the SE were available in larger capacity, I'd be surprised if they didn't sell more. These battery life examples are quite impressive!

rdmartin1

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Battery life is strong. Turning off Wifi gives it a noticeable bump. Even with Wifi,LTE and screen fairly bright it lasts me throughout a 12 hour work day. Color me impressed.

anon(9637269)

May 23, 2016
Visit site
How true is this? (iPhone Battery Guide: Charging Your iPhone the Right Way)
Charging a Brand New iPhone
Tip 1
The initial charge of a new iPhone is very important. To do it right, charge your new iPhone for at least 3 hours before using it for the first time. Don’t forget to use the included wall charger – not your computer’s USB port – to charge it this first time.
IPhone Charger
Tip 2
When your iPhone is fully charged, feel free to use it until until its battery is fully drained. Once it is, keep it off for at least 2 hours.
IPhone Battery Full
Tip 3
Fully charge your iPhone again without using it, and let it rest for around a couple of hours while it is fully charged before you start using it again.

My SE was full batt when I got it and then I needed to plug it to my pc (hence charging too) to sync. I did full drain for first time and then the 2nd charge was around 10% due to unforseen circumstances haha

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
How true is this? (iPhone Battery Guide: Charging Your iPhone the Right Way)

My SE was full batt when I got it and then I needed to plug it to my pc (hence charging too) to sync. I did full drain for first time and then the 2nd charge was around 10% due to unforseen circumstances haha
I had a similar question, I found the answers here to be helpful: http://forums.imore.com/iphone/360976-when-charge-discharge-iphone-battery.html

This is the first time I have ever read to "keep it off". I wonder what some others might say about that.

anon(9637269)

May 23, 2016
Visit site
Thanks! I think I am inclined to believe this:
Apple's lithium batteries are much more sophisticated than that and aren't subject to battery memory.
Charge your iPhone when it's convenient and don't be concerned with partial charges.

I had erratic charging habits on my previous iPhone and I never experience any noticeable change in the battery performance (excluding the important external factor: usage and running apps/processes).

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I think I am inclined to believe this:

I had erratic charging habits on my previous iPhone and I never experience any noticeable change in the battery performance (excluding the important external factor: usage and running apps/processes).
ever since I got mine, I just keep it topped off whenever I can, just like any modern lithium battery, they prefer to be always topped off as opposed to old nickel cadmium batteries which worked best when fully charged then fully drained.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Impressed with low battery mode on the SE. I went to work with 34% and I forgot my cord because I was running late. Changed to low power mode and I made it home with 16% with some very light usage throughout the day

SorinaL

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
Hello guys!
I'm trying to figure out if my iPhone SE has problems. So right now I have 5h19min usage and 22h41min stand by. With 14% battery, at low power mode. I can't really remember if I charged it up to 100% ..but let's say around 95%-100%.
I started questioning the battery life after seeing in an app (Battery Life..) that my wear level went 0 to 2, the 5 and even 7%. It kinda "played" like that for a day, but just a week before (before I installed pokemon Go and used it with data la location) the level was 0% and my mind was fine :)).. Then the level settled to 2%. And that was just in 3 months of having the iPhone (bought it in April, problems appeared in ..July).
I wrote to Apple, they made a remote test and said that everything is fine with the battery, but I should set it up as a new iPhone, just to be sure. I did that. Aprox 2 months everything was fine (or maybe it was placebo :))) and then I started to see again some big drops in the battery. For example, just by writing this it dropped to 12%. And I took me ...10-12min to write it. Wi-fi on, no background refresh, no location, all apps closed etc.
I told Apple again and they said I should send it in service. But right now I can't not have a phone for 2 weeks... And I'm trying to find out if it is my mind that is playing or my iPhone does actually have something....
Some opinios, pleaase?:D

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Hello guys!
I'm trying to figure out if my iPhone SE has problems. So right now I have 5h19min usage and 22h41min stand by. With 14% battery, at low power mode. I can't really remember if I charged it up to 100% ..but let's say around 95%-100%.
I started questioning the battery life after seeing in an app (Battery Life..) that my wear level went 0 to 2, the 5 and even 7%. It kinda "played" like that for a day, but just a week before (before I installed pokemon Go and used it with data la location) the level was 0% and my mind was fine :)).. Then the level settled to 2%. And that was just in 3 months of having the iPhone (bought it in April, problems appeared in ..July).
I wrote to Apple, they made a remote test and said that everything is fine with the battery, but I should set it up as a new iPhone, just to be sure. I did that. Aprox 2 months everything was fine (or maybe it was placebo :))) and then I started to see again some big drops in the battery. For example, just by writing this it dropped to 12%. And I took me ...10-12min to write it. Wi-fi on, no background refresh, no location, all apps closed etc.
I told Apple again and they said I should send it in service. But right now I can't not have a phone for 2 weeks... And I'm trying to find out if it is my mind that is playing or my iPhone does actually have something....
Some opinios, pleaase?:D

Answered in your other thread, but I figured I'd post here too...

I've been having the same issues on mine, but it started in 10.0.2 about 6 days ago. I have an iPhone SE and battery life used to be amazing. I think mine might have something to do with faulty logic board or something (perhaps from a drop) because now my battery will drop 1% (say from 100% to 99%) and then drop to 98% quicker than it use to before. For example, let's say my battery drops to 99% and then I make a 30 second phone call. The phone will be down to 98%, and then if I use Safari for like 1 min it'll drop to 97 and then (sometimes) down to 96% within like 30 seconds.

I've tried hard resetting, running as a new phone without backup, signing out of iCloud, battery saver mode, etc. This SE still has warranty and I had it tested at the Apple store and they said the health was good. I also downloaded battery health apps that said the same thing, so I think it might be a hardware issue with the logic board and battery. I dropped the phone before in my house, but there are no signs of damage or anything from the outside so maybe it took shock on the inside?

Ericclark4

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Apple Phones generally have better battery life than Android Phones, my iPod lasts twice as long as my Android Phone! Hopefully I'll get an iPhone soon.