Battery life is strong. Turning off Wifi gives it a noticeable bump. Even with Wifi,LTE and screen fairly bright it lasts me throughout a 12 hour work day. Color me impressed.
    libra89 and Snappy Phoenix like this.
    05-29-2016 06:54 PM
    How true is this? (iPhone Battery Guide: Charging Your iPhone the Right Way)
    Charging a Brand New iPhone
    Tip 1
    The initial charge of a new iPhone is very important. To do it right, charge your new iPhone for at least 3 hours before using it for the first time. Don’t forget to use the included wall charger – not your computer’s USB port – to charge it this first time.
    IPhone Charger
    Tip 2
    When your iPhone is fully charged, feel free to use it until until its battery is fully drained. Once it is, keep it off for at least 2 hours.
    IPhone Battery Full
    Tip 3
    Fully charge your iPhone again without using it, and let it rest for around a couple of hours while it is fully charged before you start using it again.
    My SE was full batt when I got it and then I needed to plug it to my pc (hence charging too) to sync. I did full drain for first time and then the 2nd charge was around 10% due to unforseen circumstances haha
    xristos330 likes this.
    05-30-2016 04:43 AM
    How true is this? (iPhone Battery Guide: Charging Your iPhone the Right Way)

My SE was full batt when I got it and then I needed to plug it to my pc (hence charging too) to sync. I did full drain for first time and then the 2nd charge was around 10% due to unforseen circumstances haha
    I had a similar question, I found the answers here to be helpful: http://forums.imore.com/iphone/36097...e-battery.html

This is the first time I have ever read to "keep it off". I wonder what some others might say about that.
    Marienbad likes this.
    05-30-2016 10:05 PM
    Thanks! I think I am inclined to believe this:
    Apple's lithium batteries are much more sophisticated than that and aren't subject to battery memory.
    Charge your iPhone when it's convenient and don't be concerned with partial charges.
    I had erratic charging habits on my previous iPhone and I never experience any noticeable change in the battery performance (excluding the important external factor: usage and running apps/processes).
    05-31-2016 01:09 AM
    Thanks! I think I am inclined to believe this:

I had erratic charging habits on my previous iPhone and I never experience any noticeable change in the battery performance (excluding the important external factor: usage and running apps/processes).
    ever since I got mine, I just keep it topped off whenever I can, just like any modern lithium battery, they prefer to be always topped off as opposed to old nickel cadmium batteries which worked best when fully charged then fully drained.
    Marienbad and libra89 like this.
    05-31-2016 02:44 AM
    ever since I got mine, I just keep it topped off whenever I can, just like any modern lithium battery, they prefer to be always topped off as opposed to old nickel cadmium batteries which worked best when fully charged then fully drained.
    Thanks! I'll keep that in mind
    05-31-2016 06:34 AM
    Impressed with low battery mode on the SE. I went to work with 34% and I forgot my cord because I was running late. Changed to low power mode and I made it home with 16% with some very light usage throughout the day
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    06-01-2016 06:25 PM
    only 5,5 hours usage with 3G all the time
    06-04-2016 09:20 PM
    edit: resolved, my bad
    Last edited by Marienbad; 07-14-2016 at 03:56 AM.
    06-05-2016 12:23 AM
    Stronk
    Iphone SE Battery life-uploadfromtaptalk1468467833400.jpg
    07-13-2016 10:44 PM
    Hello guys!
    I'm trying to figure out if my iPhone SE has problems. So right now I have 5h19min usage and 22h41min stand by. With 14% battery, at low power mode. I can't really remember if I charged it up to 100% ..but let's say around 95%-100%.
    I started questioning the battery life after seeing in an app (Battery Life..) that my wear level went 0 to 2, the 5 and even 7%. It kinda "played" like that for a day, but just a week before (before I installed pokemon Go and used it with data la location) the level was 0% and my mind was fine ).. Then the level settled to 2%. And that was just in 3 months of having the iPhone (bought it in April, problems appeared in ..July).
    I wrote to Apple, they made a remote test and said that everything is fine with the battery, but I should set it up as a new iPhone, just to be sure. I did that. Aprox 2 months everything was fine (or maybe it was placebo )) and then I started to see again some big drops in the battery. For example, just by writing this it dropped to 12%. And I took me ...10-12min to write it. Wi-fi on, no background refresh, no location, all apps closed etc.
    I told Apple again and they said I should send it in service. But right now I can't not have a phone for 2 weeks... And I'm trying to find out if it is my mind that is playing or my iPhone does actually have something....
    Some opinios, pleaase?
    10-25-2016 08:12 AM
    Some quick spell checks...
    " 0 to 2, THEN 5 and even 7%. "
    " data AND location) the level was 0% "
    10-25-2016 08:17 AM
    Hello guys!
    I'm trying to figure out if my iPhone SE has problems. So right now I have 5h19min usage and 22h41min stand by. With 14% battery, at low power mode. I can't really remember if I charged it up to 100% ..but let's say around 95%-100%.
    I started questioning the battery life after seeing in an app (Battery Life..) that my wear level went 0 to 2, the 5 and even 7%. It kinda "played" like that for a day, but just a week before (before I installed pokemon Go and used it with data la location) the level was 0% and my mind was fine ).. Then the level settled to 2%. And that was just in 3 months of having the iPhone (bought it in April, problems appeared in ..July).
    I wrote to Apple, they made a remote test and said that everything is fine with the battery, but I should set it up as a new iPhone, just to be sure. I did that. Aprox 2 months everything was fine (or maybe it was placebo )) and then I started to see again some big drops in the battery. For example, just by writing this it dropped to 12%. And I took me ...10-12min to write it. Wi-fi on, no background refresh, no location, all apps closed etc.
    I told Apple again and they said I should send it in service. But right now I can't not have a phone for 2 weeks... And I'm trying to find out if it is my mind that is playing or my iPhone does actually have something....
    Some opinios, pleaase?
    Answered in your other thread, but I figured I'd post here too...

I've been having the same issues on mine, but it started in 10.0.2 about 6 days ago. I have an iPhone SE and battery life used to be amazing. I think mine might have something to do with faulty logic board or something (perhaps from a drop) because now my battery will drop 1% (say from 100% to 99%) and then drop to 98% quicker than it use to before. For example, let's say my battery drops to 99% and then I make a 30 second phone call. The phone will be down to 98%, and then if I use Safari for like 1 min it'll drop to 97 and then (sometimes) down to 96% within like 30 seconds.

I've tried hard resetting, running as a new phone without backup, signing out of iCloud, battery saver mode, etc. This SE still has warranty and I had it tested at the Apple store and they said the health was good. I also downloaded battery health apps that said the same thing, so I think it might be a hardware issue with the logic board and battery. I dropped the phone before in my house, but there are no signs of damage or anything from the outside so maybe it took shock on the inside?
    10-26-2016 09:25 AM
    I followed these tips and battery life become even better
    11-11-2016 08:40 PM
    Apple Phones generally have better battery life than Android Phones, my iPod lasts twice as long as my Android Phone! Hopefully I'll get an iPhone soon.
    11-22-2016 04:57 PM
    The stamina of the iPhone SE is definitely ridiculous, I almost think it's better then the 6s plus
    libra89 and bcandiolo like this.
    11-23-2016 09:48 AM
    love the battery life out of this device
    libra89 likes this.
    11-28-2016 08:17 PM
    Mine's good too!
    libra89 and joshua.worth like this.
    11-29-2016 04:15 PM
    Unexpected battery drops might be connected to the SoC that is used in the iPhone SE (remember ChipGate?). Under heavy load, Samsung chips drain the battery faster.
    Samsung manufactures the S8000 in the N69uAP model, the part number listed on the SoC is APL0898.
    TSMC manufactures the S8003 in the N69AP model, the part number listed on the SoC is APL1022.
    Source:
    Apple?s A9 SoC Is Dual Sourced From Samsung & TSMC

I got my SE four days ago and was not really impressed with the battery life with the Samsung SoC under heavy usage.
    Lucky me, I was able to get another SE from eBay which was only one day old but had the TSMC SoC.

So I went to do some GeekBench3 battery tests. Surprise, surprise (or maybe not so).. TSMC doesn't strain the battery like Samsung does. We can pretty much say that the "u" in N69uAP stands for "under performing". Testing was done three times on both phones. Both phones got their system restored completely through iTunes and loaded with the same iCloud backup prior of testing. Both phones had no SIM card and were not connected to WiFi during the tests. No apps other than GeekBench3 itself were running during the tests. Screen dimming option of GeekBench3 was used.

These are the results:
    Iphone SE Battery life-img_1008.png
    Iphone SE Battery life-img_1009.png
    Last edited by PaulDE; 12-06-2016 at 09:00 AM.
    jrdatrackstar1223, LCW and G1DRP like this.
    12-06-2016 03:50 AM
    Unexpected battery drops might be connected to the SoC that is used in the iPhone SE (remember ChipGate?). Under heavy load, Samsung chips drain the battery faster.
    Samsung manufactures the S8000 in the N69uAP model, the part number listed on the SoC is APL0898.
    TSMC manufactures the S8003 in the N69AP model, the part number listed on the SoC is APL1022.
    Source:
    Apple?s A9 SoC Is Dual Sourced From Samsung & TSMC

I got my SE four days ago and was not really impressed with the battery life with the Samsung SoC under heavy usage.
    Lucky me, I was able to get another SE from eBay which was only one day old but had the TSMC SoC.

So I went to do some GeekBench3 battery tests. Surprise, surprise (or maybe not so).. TSMC doesn't strain the battery like Samsung does. We can pretty much say that the "u" in N69uAP stands for "under performing". Testing was done three times on both phones. Both phones got their system restored completely through iTunes and loaded with the same iCloud backup prior of testing. Both phones had no SIM card and were not connected to WiFi during the tests. No apps other than GeekBench3 itself were running during the tests. Screen dimming option of GeekBench3 was used.

These are the results:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1008.PNG 
Views:	56 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	114689
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1009.PNG 
Views:	56 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	114690

Luckily I have the N69AP model....
    12-06-2016 12:35 PM
    Sorry for double posting. I made a new thread in Ask questions section. I posting this here too. I thing the phone has awful battery life. I was expecting much more, because all my friends told me that this phone has really solid battery life. Slso it is heating on the back near the apple logo. I have warranty but i want to tell me is it normal.

I am posting pics. For the past few 15 minutes the battery dropped with 6 %

Iphone SE Battery life-114763d1481215871-my-se-has-really-awful-battery-life-could-defected-img_0017.png

Iphone SE Battery life-114762d1481215871-my-se-has-really-awful-battery-life-could-defected-img_0016.png
    Last edited by Redbull9889; 12-08-2016 at 02:16 PM.
    12-08-2016 11:14 AM
    Is this battery usage time normal or less than what is expected of the device?

Currently running on 10.1 if that matters.

Last edited by brogoh; 12-27-2016 at 05:02 AM.
    12-27-2016 02:34 AM
147 ... 456