Well, something weird is obviously going on my with mine. The last two nights I've gone to bed at 100 percent, only to wake up to 94 percent two nights ago and an ASTONISHING 57 percent () today. Battery readings don't show anything out of the ordinary, so I have no idea what could be happening here. Might need to visit the Apple Store tomorrow if this continues. I don't want my iPhone acting like an Android on standby.
    newsman787 likes this.
    04-12-2016 07:09 AM
    Well, something weird is obviously going on my with mine. The last two nights I've gone to bed at 100 percent, only to wake up to 94 percent two nights ago and an ASTONISHING 57 percent () today. Battery readings don't show anything out of the ordinary, so I have no idea what could be happening here. Might need to visit the Apple Store tomorrow if this continues. I don't want my iPhone acting like an Android on standby.
    do you use facebook? or some kind of map running on a background? I never had that happen with any of my iphones for years
    libra89 and sangs like this.
    04-12-2016 07:53 AM
    dont panic, mate
    Just reboot it entirely and observe its behavior this night. Maybe it was just a stuck app / mail fetching on background.
    sangs and RobertP1 like this.
    04-12-2016 08:36 AM
    To those getting REALLY good battery life... did you set up as "new", or backup from another iPhone?
    04-12-2016 08:02 PM
    To those getting REALLY good battery life... did you set up as "new", or backup from another iPhone?
    Back up from my old iPhone
    libra89 and LCW like this.
    04-12-2016 08:36 PM
    Back up from my old iPhone
    Same here. Starting anew would suck.
    LCW likes this.
    04-12-2016 08:46 PM
    Same here. Starting anew would suck.
    It isn't that bad. I set up as new every once in a while. Makes a difference IMO.
    MaxSmarties likes this.
    04-12-2016 08:48 PM
    It isn't that bad. I set up as new every once in a while. Makes a difference IMO.
    Really? That's very interesting that it does. I like the whole having everything in place and set up, and also having text message history. I have only done this two times with 2 phones ever, and the amount of time I spent tinkering to adjust things, is time I can never get back. Haha.
    LCW likes this.
    04-12-2016 08:51 PM
    This has been a great thread.

I'm now fully considering an SE. Battery life is massively important to me, as it is to most of the smartphone using world. Especially with Apple Music running in the background much of the day.

I've been avoiding the ATT store lately because I'm trying to hold out for the 7, and I know if I walk into an ATT store and they have an SE, I'll walk out with one.
    libra89 and Lefty724 like this.
    04-12-2016 09:42 PM
    do you use facebook? or some kind of map running on a background? I never had that happen with any of my iphones for years
    Neither had I, which was why I was so shocked. I think it was the Apple camera app, believe it or not. Once I kept that from running, it seemed to get back to normal. Last night lost nothing and the only thing I'd shut down was the camera app. Odd.
    04-13-2016 07:39 AM
    I usually set the phone as NEW any time I buy a new one.
    I think it makes the difference in terms of performance and reliability.

You don't have to, theoretically, so it's your call.

I do agree.
    04-14-2016 02:50 AM
    Really? That's very interesting that it does. I like the whole having everything in place and set up, and also having text message history. I have only done this two times with 2 phones ever, and the amount of time I spent tinkering to adjust things, is time I can never get back. Haha.
    It's a pretty common practice used to maximize performance and battery power, and minimize software glitches. I only set up as new when a major iOS update is released (i.e. iOS 8.0, 9.0, 10.0, etc.) or when I get a new phone.
    It's definitely more work but I think it helps. Then again, I was one of those guys that reformatted and installed a fresh copy of Windows rather than simply installing the upgrade.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-14-2016 05:57 AM

I'll take that every time.
    libra89 and LCW like this.
    04-14-2016 07:14 AM
    It's a pretty common practice used to maximize performance and battery power, and minimize software glitches. I only set up as new when a major iOS update is released (i.e. iOS 8.0, 9.0, 10.0, etc.) or when I get a new phone.
    It's definitely more work but I think it helps. Then again, I was one of those guys that reformatted and installed a fresh copy of Windows rather than simply installing the upgrade.
    I've got rid of Windows entirely to avoid that
    04-14-2016 11:34 AM
    A good result for sure, but still a lot of background music/podcast activity that inflated that result.
    04-14-2016 11:35 AM
    I came from an iPhone 6 Plus. I chose the Plus size phone back in 2014 because I wanted to maximize battery life. There were a lot of pros to the larger iPhone and I still sometimes miss it. But after having the iPhone SE for over a week now I'm really loving the phone. And I haven't been annoyed by battery life at all - which is saying a lot considering my 6 Plus had great battery life. So I think coming from a 6s the battery life will be better. At least that's what I've been reading about in reviews and such.

I am running the iOS beta 9.3.2 and I've found that has improved the battery life even better for the SE.

I really do think the iPhone SE is a win/win for anyone!
    Peter2015 and libra89 like this.
    04-14-2016 12:51 PM
    I came from an iPhone 6 Plus. I chose the Plus size phone back in 2014 because I wanted to maximize battery life. There were a lot of pros to the larger iPhone and I still sometimes miss it. But after having the iPhone SE for over a week now I'm really loving the phone. And I haven't been annoyed by battery life at all - which is saying a lot considering my 6 Plus had great battery life. So I think coming from a 6s the battery life will be better. At least that's what I've been reading about in reviews and such.

I am running the iOS beta 9.3.2 and I've found that has improved the battery life even better for the SE.

Great! thank you! that sounds very promising. Mine should be arriving soon!
    sjohnvivian likes this.
    04-14-2016 01:53 PM

Yes the beta is rocksolid. I installed it yesterday and it's a lot snappier and I can tell the battery is much improved. They definitely must have optimized something.
    sjohnvivian likes this.
    04-14-2016 10:13 PM
    If you purchase an iPhone ,perhaps you also need to purchase a battery case or charge it frequently.
    04-14-2016 10:24 PM
    If you purchase an iPhone ,perhaps you also need to purchase a battery case or charge it frequently.
    Why?
    04-14-2016 10:31 PM
    iPhone 4s battery capacity:1420mah
    iphone 4S :1470mah
    iphone5:1440mha
    iphone5s:1560mha
    iphone SE:1642mAh
    iphone 6:2915mAh

I own an iphone 5 ,but it only can be used to play games 3-4 hours continuously.
    04-14-2016 11:04 PM

I own an iphone 5 ,but it only can be used to play games 3-4 hours continuously.
    if you play games continuously for 3-4 hrs on a phone, you IMHO have worse problems than the need to buy a battery case....

My two cents.
    Peter2015 and libra89 like this.
    04-15-2016 03:15 AM

Max has a very valid point, but also it's silly to look at battery capacity and think that is equal to how the battery life would be, you are painting a broad brush that doesn't make sense.

For an Android phone (and even that depends on the phone), I would agree to an extent. Not every phone optimizes the battery in the same way. iOS is really good with how they manage the battery. Some Android phones are also good.

I had a 5s (secondhand) and I still got a day and a little bit with normal usage. Now that I have an SE, I basically get two days of charge with normal usage. If I use something like maps, that can go down to a day and a half. Right now, I charged my phone sometime Wednesday night. It's Friday morning here and I am on day 2 after charging at 44%. I'm thinking that I should be fine at work today but we'll see.

By your logic, this can't happen. I had a 5x, and even though it was solid, the battery life left little to be desired. It survived through the day and sometimes just barely. This is a phone with a 2700 mAh battery.
    MaxSmarties likes this.
    04-15-2016 08:00 AM
    I'm very impressed by the battery life. I've had 5 hours use today and I'm still on 50%. I took it off charge at 7am or so and its now 10pm.

Iphone SE Battery life-imoreappimg_20160415_220945.jpg

Iphone SE Battery life-imoreappimg_20160415_220952.jpg
    libra89 likes this.
    04-15-2016 04:10 PM
    Here's mine from today so far. Much better than my Android Nexus 5X.
    Iphone SE Battery life-imoreappimg_20160415_173203.jpgIphone SE Battery life-imoreappimg_20160415_173208.jpgIphone SE Battery life-imoreappimg_20160415_173213.jpg
    libra89 likes this.
    04-15-2016 05:37 PM
147 12345 ...