All in all, this phone wins using both
    Thank you for replying.

Can't and won't argue about it, this one is a great device for the few of us who appreciate the small handset category.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-03-2016 06:55 AM
    Going on my third full day with my SE and haven't done any battery tests but I got home from work yesterday with on and off usage and I still had 70% life.

This is compared to my weak battery 5s where I would have depleted and recharged it in the same on and off work period
    04-03-2016 07:12 AM
    Indeed I never liked large phones. I only got 6s because of upgraded internals and camera but always wished it was smaller and not as slippery in hand. Finally Apple heard us and even managed to improve the battery I'd say it looks like a significant improvement. Actually I am very happy they used iPhone 5 design no matter what other people and blogs say and criticize. It's very comfortable to pick up from a flat surface and hold in the hand unlike the slippery 6. Can't wait for my SE. This will be a phone to last for at least two years
    04-03-2016 07:17 AM
    Went shopping yesterday with the wife and had removed the phone from charge at about 6:30am; Used phone off and on all day for surfing, email and messaging. Put it back on charge last night at about 11:30pm and was still at about +60%. The battery is solid.
    04-03-2016 07:25 AM
    That's superb! Even all day gone without charging but still 60% available.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-05-2016 09:16 PM
    So far, I am impressed.

I have had 7hr SOT over the span of 3 days (I acknowledge that I'm more of a casual user), and I haven't charged my SE since I got it on Sunday until now.

Mind you that I have read an ebook in this time span, downloaded + installed apps, and did my usual things for the most part. I'll like to see how it is after this time span.

*I do have location services off though, and it's only on for apps that use it when the app is open, so I might not be the best point of reference.
    04-05-2016 09:56 PM
    So far, I am impressed.

I have had 7hr SOT over the span of 3 days (I acknowledge that I'm more of a casual user), and I haven't charged my SE since I got it on Sunday until now.

Mind you that I have read an ebook in this time span, downloaded + installed apps, and did my usual things for the most part. I'll like to see how it is after this time span.

*I do have location services off though, and it's only on for apps that use it when the app is open, so I might not be the best point of reference.
    A very " light" use of the phone, yet impressive results nonetheless.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-05-2016 11:27 PM
    So far, I am impressed.

This is the kind of use I go through with my phones most of the time. And I do the same thing with turning certain things off to save battery as it's a nice habit.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-06-2016 12:35 AM
    I'm on my best battery cycle so far after a full week of use.

I think this SE is going to be a keeper?
    04-06-2016 06:55 PM
    How much of a drain on the battery is having location services on? If I turn it off then my weather app and other app functions are not going to be able to access it whenever they need to. Or do they automatically turn on when they need to use it and then turn it off again when they're finished?
    04-06-2016 07:18 PM
    How much of a drain on the battery is having location services on? If I turn it off then my weather app and other app functions are not going to be able to access it whenever they need to. Or do they automatically turn on when they need to use it and then turn it off again when they're finished?
    You can set it to be on when you have the app open for some apps. There's the options always and never too. I'm not sure really, I turned it off just because I was tired of the icon lol. (I know that I am an oddball) In my own case, I have weather, cortana and some other apps set to using location when the app is open or when using the app.

The thing I really like is the option to toggle as you wish. You can set it to off and select always for things like weather apps and whatever else.

@Lefty : Nicee. I would have to agree so far here too.
    Bob Garon and JanuarJaguar like this.
    04-06-2016 07:56 PM
    I always leave location on as I don't think it matters much for battery life. To me anyway....

I'm constantly using location services for maps, Strata and weather. It's more of a pain to keep toggling than just leaving it on.

I'm very impressed with the battery life on the SE so far.
    04-06-2016 08:14 PM
    No reasons to keep location off.
    Just set it to be activated when using the app in the settings and you'll be fine.
    Bob Garon and JanuarJaguar like this.
    04-07-2016 02:10 AM
    I did a few things yesterday to help improve battery life. Of course, new device syndrome of playing with it every 5 minutes doesn't help!!

But, I switched location for Carrot weather from 'Always' to 'While Using App'. Also disabled the geo-fencing (auto-away) feature for my Nest app. All my other location services were already set to either 'While Using App' or 'Never'.

I also ran the battery down to nothing (ie. just let the phone die before charging it) last night to give it a full charge cycle.

Oh, and I noticed that 2 of the 3 wifi connections at my work don't support wi-fi calling, so "forgot" those 2 networks. That way, phone isn't hunting for signal in weak areas of the building (it switches to wifi calling).

Those things so far seem excellent. After 3 hours off the charger, I'm still at 98%.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-07-2016 10:18 AM
    I did a few things yesterday to help improve battery life. Of course, new device syndrome of playing with it every 5 minutes doesn't help!!

But, I switched location for Carrot weather from 'Always' to 'While Using App'. Also disabled the geo-fencing (auto-away) feature for my Nest app. All my other location services were already set to either 'While Using App' or 'Never'.

I also ran the battery down to nothing (ie. just let the phone die before charging it) last night to give it a full charge cycle.

Oh, and I noticed that 2 of the 3 wifi connections at my work don't support wi-fi calling, so "forgot" those 2 networks. That way, phone isn't hunting for signal in weak areas of the building (it switches to wifi calling).

Those things so far seem excellent. After 3 hours off the charger, I'm still at 98%.
    Like a champ! I'm hoping that I'll get battery life for 2 days but we'll see. I'll be really excited if I get that.
    LCW likes this.
    04-07-2016 11:11 AM
    Bought the SE yesterday at 10:30am, set up and battery was at 100%. Until today at 8:30 pm the battery is still at 25%!
    Iphone SE Battery life-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1460075897.614211.jpg
    Iphone SE Battery life-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1460075911.922266.jpg
    No charging over 24 hours!
    libra89, tr1ad, Peter2015 and 2 others like this.
    04-07-2016 07:40 PM
    Impressive results guys !
    ChamNG and got556 like this.
    04-08-2016 12:09 AM
    Like a champ! I'm hoping that I'll get battery life for 2 days but we'll see. I'll be really excited if I get that.
    I understand my usage is not typical, but I usually end the day with around 60% if I don't recharge during the day. I'm pretty sure I can last two days easy. I also tend to turn LTE off, if I know I'm not going to be able to charge it up, and I'd rather prolong battery life.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-09-2016 06:25 AM
    Here is a screenshot I just took. Phone off the charger at 3:50am. Iphone SE Battery life-imoreappimg_20160409_151438.jpg
    libra89 likes this.
    04-09-2016 03:14 PM
    And my phone is at 88% now
    04-09-2016 03:15 PM
    is anyone else noticing a slight downgrade in terms of battery usage after upgrading to 9.3.1?
    04-10-2016 05:18 AM
    is anyone else noticing a slight downgrade in terms of battery usage after upgrading to 9.3.1?
    This is interesting. I haven't upgraded on my SE because no point for me lol.
    04-10-2016 09:23 AM
    I haven't. Battery is still great!

This battery absolutely kills my Note 5 as far as battery life.
    got556 likes this.
    04-10-2016 01:18 PM
    Yup
    04-10-2016 05:54 PM
    is it really that noticeable? would you say that it downgraded by one hour from your normal usage? or is it less (i hope)
    04-10-2016 06:43 PM
147 1234 ...